Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed

WBIE outlines plans for free content updates and features coming to Middle-earth: Shadow of War as well as details about additional content coming via a premium Expansion Pass for the Tolkien-inspired action/RPG. Here's an Expansion Pass trailer along with word:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced various free content updates and features coming this year to Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™, providing players with new ways to continue the battle for Mordor and capture every epic moment. Upcoming free downloadable content (DLC) updates and features include:

• Endless Siege – Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege. (Available 21st Nov)
  • Rebellion – Crush the rebel Ologs and Uruks in your forces as they seek to undermine the Bright Lord. (Available 21st Nov)
  • Enhanced Photo Mode – Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update. (Available 21st Nov)
  • Online Fight Pits – Challenge another player’s Orc follower, Overlord vs. Overlord, to a fight to the death in the arena to earn powerful rewards and upgrades. (Available 5th Dec)
  • Brutal Difficulty – A new higher difficulty level even more challenging than Nemesis with no last chances. (Available 12th Dec)

The Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Expansion Pass is currently available for £32.99, or included as part of the Shadow of War™ Gold Edition for £89.99. The Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion, Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion and Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion can each be purchased à la carte for £11.99. The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion can be purchased à la carte for £15.99. For more information, check out the Official Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Expansion Pass Trailer via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko_QPEbqp1Q&t=1s

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 17, 2017, 08:34 aka_STEVE

Great game .... and there is no need to buy lootboxes at all to " fulfill your cruelty, your malice,or your will to dominate all life. "  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 16, 2017, 23:59 NKD

Rilcon wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 18:32:
If you ever feel the need to use any of the paid lootboxes you're probably so bad at this game you quit in the first hour. The game drops loads of them for any of the online stuff, and you're rewarded so much money during normal gameplay that the UI doesn't even allow you to spend it all.

I get that there's a stink and a scare over the mere mention of the term "loot box", but this isn't the game where they're a problem.

Gotta agree. I've felt zero pressure to buy any loot boxes. I mean, what would be the point? It isn't going to enable any gameplay I can't already do. The Captains and weapons being random is less effective than just going out and finding a Captain I like and dropping a SUFFER ME NOW on his face, or killing the appropriate Captain type to get the weapon I want.

The core gameplay just doesn't make the lootboxes an attractive option.

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America

3. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 16, 2017, 18:32 Rilcon

If you ever feel the need to use any of the paid lootboxes you're probably so bad at this game you quit in the first hour. The game drops loads of them for any of the online stuff, and you're rewarded so much money during normal gameplay that the UI doesn't even allow you to spend it all.

I get that there's a stink and a scare over the mere mention of the term "loot box", but this isn't the game where they're a problem.

2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 16, 2017, 15:11 CJ_Parker

Where is the free loot box removal content? They can shove this fucker until the GOTY sells for $4.99. Max.  

1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Free Content Detailed Nov 16, 2017, 11:46 NKD

Good shit. Looking forward to that harder difficulty. Once you get the hang of the combat in Shadow of War, it's still a bit too easy, even though the difficulty is definitely upped from the first game. The Nemesis system is a lot more fun when you get your ass beat on occasion, and it feels kind of shit to intentionally feed some guy.  

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo