Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears

GuildWars2.com announces the Living World event for Guild Wars 2 is returning this month, kicking off season 4 in ArenaNet's MMORPG. The post consists of this trailer and a caption saying, "Guild Wars 2‘s Living World returns this November—get ready for the first episode of Season 4!" That's the entirety of the clip's description as well, but there's also a specific date in the video, which concludes saying this begins on November 28th. Thanks K.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 19:18 Muscular Beaver

Wash Washburne wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 17:06:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 09:40:
Wash Washburne wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 07:56:
After a very long time of absence, finally jumped back in with PoF expansion, bloody brilliant, many changes and improvements, absolutely love how mounts changed the dynamic of traversing the world, can't say I'm a fan of Heart of Thorns, however do like how it brought in gliding and all the different mastery chains. Kinda excited and rather interested to see how will this episode effect the world of Guild Wars.
Same here.
The way mounts have been implemented, is probably the best way ever in an MMORPG.
I still was disappointed by the lack of content. Its really not that much and wont keep you busy for long. The thing that really keeps you playing is still getting every character equipped with ascended gear and exploring all the zones completely with every character. Achievements too, to some extend. And that all is a huge grind. A lot seem to enjoy the huge grind for legendary stuff, which are essentially only skins, which almost all look ridiculously overdone.
So I already know I will stop playing it again at the latest in a few weeks.

They should make more useful and stronger (for combat) mastery abilities. And the build system is still far too complicated. You actually need to fucking study the game for days and weeks to find the build that is best or suits you best. And for that I never had the patience. Im still playing what might be a really crappy build (and theres not an easy way to even measure how good or bad it is), and coming back to the game after years, makes it extremely hard to find a good build for every of your several level 80 characters.

Also its far too melee-centered. As a glass cannon ranged youre still SOL and need better reactions than in an FPS, and most of the time its simply impossible to avoid everything and not at least get downed (and lose all the charges you get from sigils).

For some one that is slowly grinding all the achievements in PvE, there is still enough content to explore, however I see where you coming from, perhaps they are saving it for Living World.

Stronger combat mastery would be fantastic, some of the hoards in HoT are very annoying, pretty much why I don't get to spend too much time in there.

Haha, one day some one in the map chat was complaining about getting one shotted in WvW events, while some other person chimed in: "Welcome to Build Wars!!!" haha, I don't do any PvP myself and my builds are very generic, even in PvE get my ass handed to me on regular basis, haha and probably wouldn't last very long in WvW.

I get my fun in taking down big ass monsters that jump maps

Kxmode wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:45:
Been with GW2 since the beginning. It remains the only MMO I still play today.

P.S. Griffon mount is so much fun!

I've yet to unlock it myself, just about to master Skimmer hehe
Yeah, I gave up on PvP/WvW very quickly. Though WvW has its own pros. Totally different than the other PvP. But not planning to play that seriously either.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 17:06 Wash Washburne

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 09:40:
After a very long time of absence, finally jumped back in with PoF expansion, bloody brilliant, many changes and improvements, absolutely love how mounts changed the dynamic of traversing the world, can't say I'm a fan of Heart of Thorns, however do like how it brought in gliding and all the different mastery chains. Kinda excited and rather interested to see how will this episode effect the world of Guild Wars.
Same here.
The way mounts have been implemented, is probably the best way ever in an MMORPG.
I still was disappointed by the lack of content. Its really not that much and wont keep you busy for long. The thing that really keeps you playing is still getting every character equipped with ascended gear and exploring all the zones completely with every character. Achievements too, to some extend. And that all is a huge grind. A lot seem to enjoy the huge grind for legendary stuff, which are essentially only skins, which almost all look ridiculously overdone.

They should make more useful and stronger (for combat) mastery abilities. And the build system is still far too complicated. You actually need to fucking study the game for days and weeks to find the build that is best or suits you best. And for that I never had the patience. Im still playing what might be a really crappy build (and theres not an easy way to even measure how good or bad it is), and coming back to the game after years, makes it extremely hard to find a good build for every of your several level 80 characters.

Also its far too melee-centered. As a glass cannon ranged youre still SOL and need better reactions than in an FPS, and most of the time its simply impossible to avoid everything and not at least get downed (and lose all the charges you get from sigils).

For some one that is slowly grinding all the achievements in PvE, there is still enough content to explore, however I see where you coming from, perhaps they are saving it for Living World.

Stronger combat mastery would be fantastic, some of the hoards in HoT are very annoying, pretty much why I don't get to spend too much time in there.

Haha, one day some one in the map chat was complaining about getting one shotted in WvW events, while some other person chimed in: "Welcome to Build Wars!!!" haha, I don't do any PvP myself and my builds are very generic, even in PvE get my ass handed to me on regular basis, haha and probably wouldn't last very long in WvW.

I get my fun in taking down big ass monsters that jump maps

Kxmode wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 13:45:

I've yet to unlock it myself, just about to master Skimmer hehe

3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 13:45 Kxmode

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 09:40 Muscular Beaver

Same here.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Living World Return Nears Nov 16, 2017, 07:56 Wash Washburne

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo