Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 15:50 eRe4s3r

I won't lie, I just clicked that reddit AMA for the digital popcorn... also lots of salt was thrown around in there

Much as I hate EA, I can not fault Slick for liking the game. It's not a BAD shooter, it's just.. not a great shooter and on top of that, it's hampered by hugely shit progression and by EA being a greedy crotchgoblin as usual.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 14:36 DangerDog

It's pretty easy to play "good cop / bad cop" and fool people, "guys, it's not DICE's fault they just want to make good games, EA is the bad guys forcing them to do this"

news flash, they're one and the same. The lead designer of the game is a marketing guy who got "promoted" to game designer.

5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 05:58 Redmask

Yeah what a cesspool reddit is, how dare they demand answers to things that matter to people instead of focusing on the PR message and vague bullshit. You mean we can't buy and pay for this form of PR like everything else? Daaaaaaamn why do people use this thing?

The developers doing an AMA on reddit, a format which was popularized ON reddit, the days after their big fiasco. Yeah the problem is reddit and not the fucking moron developers Rolleyes

4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 00:17 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 20:22:
Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:39:
Video highlighting the dev responses that looked promising.

You'd never get that from visiting the reddit, that place is such a cesspool. They downvoted every dev comment into oblivion so it's hard to even find the responses :/

That's nice and all but none of that is going to be relevant, it's pretty easy to make a bold prediction that this game will suffer the same player falloff curve as the last one. The main game mode isn't as deep as say Rush from Bad Company 2. There's some scripted destruction but nothing that's dynamic. People are already backing out of Hoth and not playing it, making something authentic to the cinematic scene doesn't transfer into good gameplay.

I expect them to lower a nerf hammer onto the game, grenades and the shotgun for example. As usual with DICE games they're fun at the start but then they cave to the cry babies and ruin the gameplay.

Some galactic assault maps are REALLY well done. I haven't played them all yet, Jakku and Hoth seem to be the bad ones. But for instance the Wookiee home planet one is crazy good: 3 phases, first being walker-assault-ish that goes on for a good 10 minutes, I mean it's like a 2 kilometre stretch of beachhead that the droids have to push up, well into the marsh, then to a clone trooper base. then 2 more phases, all in all extremely impressive.

My major gripe is that the prequel droids are REALLY hard to see :/

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 22:07 jacobvandy

Looks like a bunch of rambling non-answers pre-written by political advisers to me, for the handful of questions they didn't just ignore. Like this one, in response to being asked if they're going to make radical changes to progression:

I think this concern has come through loud and clear. We're going to continue adjusting the crate systems, content, and progression mechanics to hit a point that gives players a great, balanced experience at all skill levels. We're working on expanding the number of ways that players can progress, putting more control in their hands and providing more options and choice in the way people play. There's not much in the game that we wouldn't revisit to improve the game for as many players as possible.

Most AMAs are boring garbage, like virtual meet-and-greets where fanboys can get aroused by someone they think is cool/famous reading what they typed, and ultimately nothing much of import is revealed. But what these guys did today in a feeble attempt to (quote) "repair the bridge to our players" is just insulting and borderline offensive.

Such as when asked about limiting how many credits you can earn in the offline Arcade mode, they said they needed to ensure it couldn't be exploited to impact multiplayer... Are you serious? Isn't that EXACTLY what paying for loot boxes to get credits without earning them does? Oh, but that sort of impact is okay because you make money from it! Fuck off.

These are DICE employees, mind you, not generic EA drones like who normally lurk on social media. They're trying to garner goodwill with some community interaction, but they can't speak freely with those corporate ballgags they're so proudly wearing. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 20:22 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 19:39:

You'd never get that from visiting the reddit, that place is such a cesspool. They downvoted every dev comment into oblivion so it's hard to even find the responses :/

That's nice and all but none of that is going to be relevant, it's pretty easy to make a bold prediction that this game will suffer the same player falloff curve as the last one. The main game mode isn't as deep as say Rush from Bad Company 2. There's some scripted destruction but nothing that's dynamic. People are already backing out of Hoth and not playing it, making something authentic to the cinematic scene doesn't transfer into good gameplay.

I expect them to lower a nerf hammer onto the game, grenades and the shotgun for example. As usual with DICE games they're fun at the start but then they cave to the cry babies and ruin the gameplay.

1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 19:39 Slick

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo