Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Interviews

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 11:53 RedEye9

VaranDragon wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 07:00:
Well since Cyberpunk will NOT be based on a particular character so you will have the freedom to create, taylor and role play a different character for each playthrough, and supposing that they create as interesting a world and quests as they did for the Witcher 3, Id say that Cyberpunk 2077 could definitely be a better role playing game right out of the gate.
I'm gonna Tailor Swift the shit outta this game.
https://www.taylorswift.com/

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 16, 2017, 07:00 VaranDragon

Well since Cyberpunk will NOT be based on a particular character so you will have the freedom to create, taylor and role play a different character for each playthrough, and supposing that they create as interesting a world and quests as they did for the Witcher 3, Id say that Cyberpunk 2077 could definitely be a better role playing game right out of the gate.

Id also say that it's time for someone to take on Bethesda with regards to single player RPGs, they have been lax in the past few years progressively dumbing down their RPGs. Their really last GREAT RPG was Morrowind. As great as the Witcher 3 was, it didn't really compete with the ES series, as it doesn't have the freedom to create and roleplay a character of your own choice.

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2017, 07:11.

11. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 18:54 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:15:
I really wish CDPR would stop making these grandiose claims. Witcher 3 was already fucking amazing. There are plenty of people who consider it the best RPG of all time, if not the best game of all time outright. They're putting such absurd pressure on themselves to outdo themselves, and if you saw that six part documentary about the Witcher 3 (very much recommended), you can see what a strain it was for them to do the Witcher 3 in the first place.

They're going to kill themselves for no good reason. People will be just fine if you make something AS good as the Witcher 3 in a Cyberpunk setting. Shit, most people will shit their pants for something that good.

CD Projekt RED is aiming for better sales this time around and hopes Cyberpunk 2077 will be a bigger beast when it comes to commercial success. "The Witcher is an unquestionably very good game--a great success in commercial terms. We are very happy but it's still far from the world records. Individual games can sell much much better. With this in mind, creating the phenomenal Cyberpunk we hope to do even better with this title than we already did with The Witcher 3," he said.

I mean, Jesus Christ, fellas... The world records? What, you're expecting this to sell 80 million copies a la GTA5? Or 100 million+??

Stop setting yourselves up for failure.

^ + a couple billion and another trillion on top

Their chest-pounding actually has the adverse effect on me as it is making me more skeptical about the game.

I am actually quite wary of a bigger game than TW3 which was already huge. A major difference here is that, at least to my understanding, Cyberpunk is this sprawling cityscape right? Like Deus Ex in REALLY FUCKING BIG?

If so then count me out. I love a huge open fantasy world with nice landscapes, forests, lakes, mountains and some "nothing" in between but a gigantic city that will feel like a freaking maze once you have taken your first steps is not my cup of tea.
I already hate big cities in fantasy RPGs. If the whole Cyberpunk game is one big super-ginormous city then fuck off (unless it's done like in the Batman games and you can get around by flying and grappling).

Anyway, their constant striving for new superlatives in terms of size and scope is starting to get on my nerves. Be careful, CDP. There is a breaking point, both with regard to the size and scope of a game as well as the boasting PR efforts.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 18:26 Mordecai Walfish

JSP wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 17:26:
On the contrary, I'd love it wholeheartedly if CD Projekt would fail while developing the greatest game ever to be released. There is no ambition, no aim for the sky courage anymore, all trying to be safe and beat around the bush, aping the industry conglomerates on the inner safer track of following trends, not veering from boring conventions at all. It's all part of a slow descent of gaming to another eventual crash, and if this monumental undertaking has reverberations of either rescuing it from gaming's inevitable end or hastening its demise in a fiery crash, I will be cheering it every step, every hype building update of the way!! If you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen, to dethrone the leader and be the best, this is the price to pay. With Witcher 3 as their magnum opus they already made a lasting contribution, and this may be their all-in attempt to be the greatest of all time, who is to stop them and their grand campaign? This is like New Game+ for them after beating a hard game, challenge their limit to the fullest! I would rather them die on their own accord then be bought out by some conglomerate and squeezed out hollow!

Agreed. Games like Witcher 3 are only possible in the first place because of devs setting their sights higher than they did previously in every way possible. They also talked a big game about how good Witcher 3 would be before release, and they delivered. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt here and am psyched that they are aiming for absolute greatness with an IP as fantastic as Cyberpunk. The devs are no-doubt pumped about working on a new IP instead of rehashing the Witcher universe yet again as well, as much as they love that universe. There is a tremendous opportunity to experiment with new things and delve into a very rich source material that is much more fleshed out than the Witcher universe already.

Besides that, the creator of Cyberpunk is working directly with them on this as well, and that has to be a huge boost for a team that Pondsmith (the creator of Cyberpunk) claims are such huge fans of the source material that they even "know stuff about Cyberpunk that Ive forgotten.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

9. Re: AMD on Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on AMD Nov 15, 2017, 17:26 JSP

On the contrary, I'd love it wholeheartedly if CD Projekt would fail while developing the greatest game ever to be released. There is no ambition, no aim for the sky courage anymore, all trying to be safe and beat around the bush, aping the industry conglomerates on the inner safer track of following trends, not veering from boring conventions at all. It's all part of a slow descent of gaming to another eventual crash, and if this monumental undertaking has reverberations of either rescuing it from gaming's inevitable end or hastening its demise in a fiery crash, I will be cheering it every step, every hype building update of the way!! If you can't stand the heat, get out the kitchen, to dethrone the leader and be the best, this is the price to pay. With Witcher 3 as their magnum opus they already made a lasting contribution, and this may be their all-in attempt to be the greatest of all time, who is to stop them and their grand campaign? This is like New Game+ for them after beating a hard game, challenge their limit to the fullest! I would rather them die on their own accord then be bought out by some conglomerate and squeezed out hollow!  

8. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 16:21 Nailbender

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:15:
I really wish CDPR would stop making these grandiose claims. Witcher 3 was already fucking amazing. There are plenty of people who consider it the best RPG of all time, if not the best game of all time outright. They're putting such absurd pressure on themselves to outdo themselves, and if you saw that six part documentary about the Witcher 3 (very much recommended), you can see what a strain it was for them to do the Witcher 3 in the first place.

They're going to kill themselves for no good reason. People will be just fine if you make something AS good as the Witcher 3 in a Cyberpunk setting. Shit, most people will shit their pants for something that good.

CD Projekt RED is aiming for better sales this time around and hopes Cyberpunk 2077 will be a bigger beast when it comes to commercial success. "The Witcher is an unquestionably very good game--a great success in commercial terms. We are very happy but it's still far from the world records. Individual games can sell much much better. With this in mind, creating the phenomenal Cyberpunk we hope to do even better with this title than we already did with The Witcher 3," he said.

I mean, Jesus Christ, fellas... The world records? What, you're expecting this to sell 80 million copies a la GTA5? Or 100 million+??

This. A million times this.
They should strive to make this game a DAMN GOOD GAME, and that's IT. Regardless of what came before it. Probably the same mechanics, gameplay, story and other elements that worked for W3 will not work for this game. Please, CDPR, please just make it a good one, and don't bury yourself under hyperbole.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 14:16 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 13:28:
Yeah, it'd be really hard to top W3. And hyping it like that isn't doing them any favors at all. Like the old expression goes, the greater the expectation, the greater the letdown. Forget the hype machine and let the finished product do the talking.

Yeah, it's kind of like Ridley Scott saying "My next movie is going to be so much better than Blade Runner!" Just don't even go there.

Stay a while, and listen.

6. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 14:10 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 13:02:
Telltale took on way too many projects, I understand why but it was just too much to manage.

Yeah, there was a time a couple of years ago when they'd announced like their third new project in the span of a month that I said they're taking on way too much. I'm sad to be right.

The flip side is Amanita Design who only release a game once every 3 years at this point, which I'd prefer a bit faster pace.

Stay a while, and listen.

5. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 13:28 Cutter

Yeah, it'd be really hard to top W3. And hyping it like that isn't doing them any favors at all. Like the old expression goes, the greater the expectation, the greater the letdown. Forget the hype machine and let the finished product do the talking.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

4. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 13:02 Verno

Telltale took on way too many projects, I understand why but it was just too much to manage.  
Playing: Persona 5, Ys VIII, Mario vs Rabbids
Watching: American Gods, Stronger, Day of the Dead Bloodline

3. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 12:30 born2expire

well it wont be hard for them to do a better job with the combat, ugghhhhh it was terrible in Witcher 3.  

2. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 11:50 Avus

i just hope it will not have loot crate.  

I am not a Mac user unless under duress. - John Carmack

1. Re: Morning Interviews Nov 15, 2017, 10:15 Creston

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo