Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 03:10 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 20:30:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 20:11:
I feel like if we just commit to reducing the population of the planet by 80% we'll be ok.
I won't say it is likely, but it could happen. Virus, nuclear war, lack of drinkable water... take your pick...

The secret to population reduction is wealth and education. Just look at Japan...

Food production trends are looking quite bleak as well.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2017, 03:08 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 21:59:
Hoop wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 17:12:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 14:40:
Saw Thor Ragnarok last weekend with the fam, and it was freakin' awesome. I just wish I hadn't watched the trailer first.
Speaking of Thor, if you haven't seen some of Taika Waititi's other movies, give them a go: Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows. Both are just so excellent.

How hot was Cate Blanchett, commanding performance as usual but how smoking was Cate.
just saw it, she was the bomb.
Movie had all the best parts of guardians of the galaxy, lord of the rings and star wars, it kept me solidly entertained for 2 hours.

What a stellar cast but like jdreyer said, wish i had not seen the trailer.

IMO Tessa Thompson stole the show (along with Korg! (played by the director himself!)). Minor nitpick: Why is the fucking God of Thunder so weak against electro-shock traps and devices???

Anyway, if you're looking for a good time this weekend, this is your ticket. Take your GF/Wife, she'll have a blast.

Also, the movie is dense enough that multiple viewings will be amply rewarded.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 21:59 RedEye9

Hoop wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 17:12:
Saw Thor Ragnarok last weekend with the fam, and it was freakin' awesome. I just wish I hadn't watched the trailer first.
Speaking of Thor, if you haven't seen some of Taika Waititi's other movies, give them a go: Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows. Both are just so excellent.

How hot was Cate Blanchett, commanding performance as usual but how smoking was Cate.
just saw it, she was the bomb.
Movie had all the best parts of guardians of the galaxy, lord of the rings and star wars, it kept me solidly entertained for 2 hours.

What a stellar cast but like jdreyer said, wish i had not seen the trailer.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 20:30 Mr. Tact

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 20:11:
I feel like if we just commit to reducing the population of the planet by 80% we'll be ok.
I won't say it is likely, but it could happen. Virus, nuclear war, lack of drinkable water... take your pick...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 20:11 Agent.X7

I feel like if we just commit to reducing the population of the planet by 80% we'll be ok. Of course, nobody is going to volunteer, but there are several countries begging to have their entire populations controlled due to the blatant disregard for environmental pollution anyway. And two of those countries contain most of the worlds population anyway.

Bonus! No more complaining about Indian or Chinese people taking your jobs!

Double bonus! No more human rights violations from China!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 18:53 The Half Elf

Screw the water cooler... the guy gets to wear socks at work!  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 18:27 Mr. Tact

Lulz.

Cards Against Humanity takes on Trump

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 15, 2017, 18:14 Mordecai Walfish

Cutter wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 13:47:
So I felt like going for a drive last night and hopped into American Trucker for a little jaunt in America's beautiful southwest - btw anyone get the New Mexico DLC yet? I'll probably grab it at Xmas. So listening to the internet radio I found a station out of Branson MO by the name of Heartland Public Radio and they play classic country - 50s & 60s - and they were playing all this old trucker music. It was so sweet! When I was kid and used to hang out at my cousin's place my aunt and uncle were big into the old country music so it's a definite flashback for me. And what's more I really like the stuff, whereas all the new country these days is just corporate pop-country garbage. Anyway give 'em a listen if you like real country music....

HPR1 Country Classics

Wow, I had never thought about how the prevalence of local radio stations having internet streams could take immersion in games like this to a different level. I love this kind of stuff. The right kind of music playing with so many different games/genres really sets them off in completely different ways. Listening to the same loop of in-game audio generally can't match the experience you get when experimenting with other soundtracks. It's a shame that so many of the internet music streams I used to love to listen to while gaming have been shut down though. It was nice for a while when things were like the wild west in that regard, with underground streams playing whatever the hell they wanted and making some really compelling playlists without licensing restrictions.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 17:12 Hoop

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 16:12 RedEye9

I did not know Taika Waititi was involved with Thor, now I wanna see it.

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 14:40 jdreyer

'Maybe we should get George Clooney back' - Justice League review round-up.

Yeah, not planning on seeing this.

10. Re: Zimbabwe Nov 15, 2017, 14:36 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 14:15:
I just wanted to make a quick comment... I'm not sure we know fully what is going on in Zimbabwe right now. But whatever it is...

Is it really a coup d'etat when you are removing someone who has essentially been illegally holding control of the country for 35+ years?

Possession is 9/10s of the law?

9. Re: Zimbabwe Nov 15, 2017, 14:15 Mr. Tact

I just wanted to make a quick comment... I'm not sure we know fully what is going on in Zimbabwe right now. But whatever it is...

Is it really a coup d'etat when you are removing someone who has essentially been illegally holding control of the country for 35+ years?

8. Re: Guy reviews his office's terrible new Nov 15, 2017, 14:07 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 13:56:
I'm always wishing I could have heard the planning discussions on products like this. The product is so bad you have to wonder why half the people at the meeting weren't saying, "WTF. One of the worst ideas I've heard in years."

It reminds me of a smartfridge prototype at CES awhile back. The marketing staff were trying their best to come up with features that would make it desirable. "You can always know whats in your fridge!". All you had to do to get this wonderful convenience was scan each item's UPC as it came or left the fridge hahah. Hope your produce is barcoded too.

Or you could just you know, open the damned fridge.

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 14:05 ForgedReality

Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 12:35:
We're only on the second notice? I would have thought that the final bill had been sent years ago.

Yeah. It was mislabeled as the "first notice" to appease the optimists and naysayers. It was already far too late.

6. Re: Guy reviews his office's terrible new "smart" water cooler Nov 15, 2017, 13:56 Mr. Tact

I'm always wishing I could have heard the planning discussions on products like this. The product is so bad you have to wonder why half the people at the meeting weren't saying, "WTF. One of the worst ideas I've heard in years."  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 13:47 Cutter

So I felt like going for a drive last night and hopped into American Trucker for a little jaunt in America's beautiful southwest - btw anyone get the New Mexico DLC yet? I'll probably grab it at Xmas. So listening to the internet radio I found a station out of Branson MO by the name of Heartland Public Radio and they play classic country - 50s & 60s - and they were playing all this old trucker music. It was so sweet! When I was kid and used to hang out at my cousin's place my aunt and uncle were big into the old country music so it's a definite flashback for me. And what's more I really like the stuff, whereas all the new country these days is just corporate pop-country garbage. Anyway give 'em a listen if you like real country music....

HPR1 Country Classics

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust" - Thomas Aquinas

4. Re: Richest 1% Nov 15, 2017, 13:20 VaranDragon

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 10:38:
I wonder if the 1% read those headlines and think to themselves "Why not all of it?"

What happens then? What happens when they have all of it?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 15, 2017, 12:35 Creston

We're only on the second notice? I would have thought that the final bill had been sent years ago.

2. Re: Richest 1% Nov 15, 2017, 10:38 Bill Borre

I wonder if the 1% read those headlines and think to themselves "Why not all of it?"  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo