Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 22:11 RedEye9

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 07:54:
I wish Mozilla had ditched Yahoo and Google and made DuckDuckGo their default. In as much as Mozilla has been going to some lengths to tout their privacy efforts in Firefox, it seems like that would have been a smarter way to go in that vein.
Google and Yahoo pay them.
Anyone can change to duckduck if they want it.

unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality
https://www.lawfareblog.com/topic/russia-connection
The game’s afoot.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 13:43 eRe4s3r

MattyC wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 05:43:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 15, 2017, 01:07:
That FCC story is pretty dismal...

Also firefox really is faster, also uses 30% more ram.. nearly on par with Chrome now.. sigh.

Seems quite snappy to me, and I haven't noticed any major changes in RAM usage. I am pretty happy with it. If this update didn't show real progress I was going to just stick with Chromium. They seem to have delivered on 57 though.

Yeah they delivered, I noticed a substantial increase in ram usage when I got 2 youtube tabs open but it remains snappy and fast even then (before, 1 youtube page on autoplay could impact other tabs...)

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

I wish Mozilla had ditched Yahoo and Google and made DuckDuckGo their default. In as much as Mozilla has been going to some lengths to tout their privacy efforts in Firefox, it seems like that would have been a smarter way to go in that vein.  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 05:43 MattyC

Also firefox really is faster, also uses 30% more ram.. nearly on par with Chrome now.. sigh.

Seems quite snappy to me, and I haven't noticed any major changes in RAM usage. I am pretty happy with it. If this update didn't show real progress I was going to just stick with Chromium. They seem to have delivered on 57 though.

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 01:12 saluk

Haha no kidding. At least it's still free as in freedom.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2017, 01:07 eRe4s3r

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 14, 2017, 21:50 Cutter

Fucking Pai, man. That asshole so needs to die in a fire.

"If the snow begins to fall and you can't find the fire, let the water wash away your sins." - Hope County Choir

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo