Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Road Rage Peels Out

Maximum Games announces the release of Road Rage, a new open-world motorcycle racing game from developer Team6 for Windows and consoles. This launch trailer offers a look, and the announcement explains what to expect:

Leading video game publisher Maximum Games has launched Road Rage, the open-world motorcycle action game from independent developer Team6 Game Studios. It is available today as a boxed product at major retailers and digitally on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC for $29.99.

Road Rage is an over-the-top motorcycle racer and brawler in which players climb the ranks of an outlaw gang in a city run by crime. Beat down rival gang members with an arsenal of hard-hitting weapons while pushing your ride to the limit in high-speed competitions, leaving the authorities in your dust across over 90 story and side missions. Take your winnings and enhance your bike’s performance with a variety of customizable upgrades to cruise in style through this far-reaching and dangerous open world.

You’ll explore a variety of neighborhoods in the city of Ashen as you seek out ways to battle and hustle your way to victory. Take no prisoners in this knock-down, drag-out, high-speed joyride, available today on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC!

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2017, 23:19 Mordecai Walfish

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 18:28:
So what's the other game just like this coming out around now, or a few months back, and does anyone have opinions on which is better?

Road Redemption. It's an awesome game, lots of fun. Haven't played Road Rage so I cannot compare the two though. It looks like this one is mission based, where Road Redemption has rogue-like elements so you only have one life but unlock things that help with successive runs. The difficulty gets pretty high later on down the road so I'm guessing the unlocks help you get to the end at some point. The older games were difficult too, without infinite continues and such, so I think the rogue-like elements fit it pretty well, and make it so every play is varied somewhat. Split screen multiplayer with up to 4 players is fun too, and there are objectives like bosses to kill at the end of sections, so it's not all randomized.

Jim Sterling put up a video of it a month ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzL0AOLvYok

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Road Rage Hell Nov 14, 2017, 23:02 Rigs

I'm assuming you're speaking about the Road Rash-inspired Road Redemption, yes? I've played some of it and it's pretty good. It does really have the 'Road Rash' feel, though there are several elements that are completely different that I'm sorta 50/50 about. It's more of a Road Rash rogue-like (god help me) because in the campaign, you keep playing rounds with various objectives (either to kill so many opponents or finish first), earning xp/points/whatever and when you finally die, you can use these points to apply permanent upgrades to your character, like health and boost/nitro, but you start over again. (Though the levels are randomized/procedural, something I didn't care for as I couldn't learn and memorize the track layout to try different strategies) You can also collect various weapons. And bikes unlock as you continue and earn more points/xp. As I said, I've only played around with it for about a half an hour or so but it was fun while I played. It supports gamepad or keyboard/mouse, I used my Dualshock3. I must be a little rusty on the ol' gamepad because I was dying quite a bit by blowing turns and crashing headlong into scenery at a very embarrassing rate.

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee

2. Re: Road Rage Hell Nov 14, 2017, 18:28 Beamer

So what's the other game just like this coming out around now, or a few months back, and does anyone have opinions on which is better?  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

1. Re: Road Rage Hell Nov 14, 2017, 17:31 Rigs

Ugh, having flashbacks to Road to Hell...I think all motorcycle brawler games will forever be tainted by that...

=-Rigs-=

'But what does 'optional' mean?! It's video games, playing them at all is 'optional'! Sticking a broom handle up your ass is 'optional', doesn't mean I wouldn't really like to do it!' -Yahtzee

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo