Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

The Real Problem with 'Games as Service' Isn't the Microtransactions - WIRED.
"And yet I worry that the shift away from those open-world games to ones that try to keep players locked in with buyable weapons and power-ups will lead to fewer titles like Final Fantasy XI. (Final Fantasy XV is already becoming a type of a service game.) I worry that, in the push toward making games that can be broken up into a series of profitable chunks, game design that emphasizes sprawling geographies will be left by the wayside by major developers. I fear that big-budget places, with all of their majesty and complexity, might get cast aside. I worry that, one day, gaming might run out of travel stories to tell."

View
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 15, 2017, 07:45 Bub

Its all over folks. PC gaming has gone full mass market, just like the web did. It was fun when it was populated by enthusiasts and first adopters, but once it became mainstream, the Korporations bought up everything and now put the screws on to squeeze out all they can from the mouth breathing, ill educated unwashed masses.  

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 14, 10:58 Re: Op Ed nomoreshite
  2. Nov 14, 11:55  Re: Op Ed RedEye9
  3. Nov 14, 12:24 Re: Op Ed Cutter
  4. Nov 14, 13:03  Re: Op Ed Luke
  5. Nov 14, 13:56  Re: Op Ed Suppa7