Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deadpool Game Dead to Steam Soon

If you had the Deadpool game in your Steam dead pool, you are about to win, as Steam News announces that it is going to be "retired" from their service on Thursday, November 16th. The game will remain playable for those who already own it, however, so to give everyone a last chance, they've put it on sale with a big 70% discount. Here's a refresher straight from the mouth of the merc:

There are a few important things I need to say before you crack into my insanely sweet game. (Oof. Here we go again.) I'm a mercenary with an accelerated healing factor. I've been described as unstable, which is just plain coo-coo. (Wait, do sane people say coo-coo?) I'm gonna battle for the safety of humans and mutants. (And even mumans.) Be prepared for just about anything. (Holla!)

Key Features:

• I made sure to capture all my good sides, so I made my game a third-person action-shooter. (Yep, you get to look at my heinie.)
  • Keep a look out cuz some of my X-Men pals (Whoa, what pals?!) are making an appearance. (Hope you don't mind picking hair out of your tacos.)
  • I'm really good at killing, so I made it a blast stringing together combos, and totally eviscerating my enemies. (Ev-is-cer-a-ting!)
  • I brought my skills and a buttload of my favorite things. Katanas (check), guns (bang!) explosives (boom), duct tape (quack) and of course, yours truly - ME! (Checkmate!)

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Deadpool Game Dead to Steam Soon Nov 12, 2017, 14:54 eRe4s3r

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 14:47:
What kind of nonsense went on(and is going on) with the license for this game?

Summed up?
Marvel Studios – the movie making entity – does not own Marvel’s characters.

http://www.genericfairuse.com/2016/03/10/deadpool-and-ip-copyrights/
If you want to read more

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Deadpool Game Dead to Steam Soon Nov 12, 2017, 14:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

What kind of nonsense went on(and is going on) with the license for this game? It was already blocked for purchase for a year or two before, right?

Then they brought it back for the movie AND raised the price, now it's leaving permanently?

I was interested in buying it before, debating it now for $11.99, but perhaps it's best not to support this kind of shady NYC Electronics store bullshit "Always Going Out of Business Sale" ?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo