Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 12, 2017, 17:46 Cutter

Wallshadows wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 21:08:
Anyone here use Alibaba? I've looked in to it but most things I want say they'll take, like, 40 - 60 days to arrive.

Alibaba not so much as it's more for large orders for retailers and not really geared to the end consumer. Aliexpress does that. And they used to be really good but now in most cases its even more expensive than buying at home plus the added benefit of having to wait for 2 months for your stuff and possible duty as well. You can generally find much better deals at miniinthebox or lightinthebox. Same long shipping times but much better deals to be found. I've been buying a lot of stuff direct from China/HK for years with zero problems.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 12, 2017, 11:27 Beamer

I've ordered jeans from China a few times, using Taobaofocus as the middleman. A brand I like is Chinese exclusive, so it's the only way.

For other things, the pain in the ass can outweigh the convenience and savings.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 12, 2017, 11:03 RedEye9

Creston wrote on Nov 12, 2017, 10:10:
Anyone here use Alibaba? I've looked in to it but most things I want say they'll take, like, 40 - 60 days to arrive.

My dad actually orders stuff from China often (not sure if it's from alibaba or not, probably through a local website that essentially just redirects to ab) and it typically takes like a week to 10 days to get his home. He absolutely swears by ordering shit straight from China.
Any chance you get to bypass the Amazon middleman is A-OK.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 12, 2017, 10:10 Creston

My dad actually orders stuff from China often (not sure if it's from alibaba or not, probably through a local website that essentially just redirects to ab) and it typically takes like a week to 10 days to get his home. He absolutely swears by ordering shit straight from China.

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 12, 2017, 09:25 jdreyer

Every now and then something I order on Amazon takes several weeks to arrive, and I assume it's coming from China. Usually that thing has both had a very low price and somewhat middling quality.  

Stay a while, and listen.

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 12, 2017, 05:56 theyarecomingforyou

My brother uses it regularly and has found it to be very reliable, not to mention cheap. He keeps trying to convince me to use it.

8700K @ 4.9GHz / 32GB DDR4 / GTX 1080 OC
Optane 900P 280GB / 30" Hazro HZ30Wie

3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 11, 2017, 21:30 Quboid

It's never occurred to me. Are there sellers outside of China? I guess it could be cheap if you're not in a hurry.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 11, 2017, 21:08 Wallshadows

1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 11, 2017, 17:09 Cutter

Man, that's offensive how much electricity that shit wastes and the corresponding pollution it causes. They need to start charging a premium and heavy taxes for these assholes.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo