Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2017, 10:14 Creston

I love Crysis. Have played through it many, many times, though usually I stop right around the time of that bullshit "Save your sergeant from a dozen aliens who all beehive straight for him and kill him in 3 seconds" mission. The only way I ever make it through that is if I get lucky and I can kill 3 or 4 of them with a grenade throw. Terrible fucking mission design.

It's amazing that that game is ten years old (though it seems older to me, just in thought of how long it's been around) and it looked like THAT ten years ago.

It's sad that that engine was such an awful hog. Even today on a graphics card that's like 2000 times more powerful than what we had back then it runs pretty poorly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2017, 02:41 Muscular Beaver

That game still looks pretty nice today. 10 years later!
Even some games today dont look that good.

I enjoyed it a lot back then, even though I only played it with 15 to 30 fps. Loved the different ways you could choose to complete a mission. Crysis 2 and 3 werent that great anymore. I didnt like the urban maps.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

3. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2017, 15:25 El Pit

I enjoyed all Crysis games but liked FarCry better. The first FarCry was gorgeous and I had fun until I reached the mutants (or aliens or wahtever).

In Crysis, I liked working with the special powers of the suit. Lots of fun.

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

2. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2017, 13:55 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 13:43:
I've played the opening level of Crysis like 5 times, and I just can't get motivated to go any further.

Still, I'd be curious to know how it runs on a modern GPU like a 1080.
It was difficult to get past the first hour, took me several years as a matter of fact. After that i started to enjoy the game but then came zero-g in the alien spacecraft and I was back to phuck it. Eventually finished the game, don't feel the need to replay.

video is a good watch

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

1. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2017, 13:43 jdreyer

I've played the opening level of Crysis like 5 times, and I just can't get motivated to go any further.

Still, I'd be curious to know how it runs on a modern GPU like a 1080.

Stay a while, and listen.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo