Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Need for Speed Payback Peels Out

Electronic Arts announces the launch of Need for Speed Payback for Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. This launch trailer offers a look at the game's high-octane, open-world action, and the announcement fills in lots of details:

Today, Ghost GamesTM and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced Need for Speed Payback, one of the world’s bestselling video game franchises, is available worldwide on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Origin for PC. With deeper customization, a diverse open world and blockbuster action moments never-before seen in the franchise, Need for Speed Payback delivers an edge-of-your-seat experience that will have players living out their ultimate action driving fantasy.

“Two years ago, we reinvigorated the franchise by listening to what our fans wanted and built a game that returned to the Need for Speed core tenets- fast cars, deep customization, and epic cop chases. With Need for Speed Payback, we’ve raised the bar by adding Hollywood-style, adrenaline-fueled action, a huge open world, even more customization options, and a narrative that drives gameplay forward,” said Executive Producer Marcus Nilsson. “We’re excited to deliver a new driving experience that not only delivers everything our players love about the series but also pushes the boundaries of what they’ve come to expect from the genre.”

Set in the gambler’s paradise of Fortune Valley, players can drive as three different characters: Tyler, the racer, Mac, the showman, and Jess, the wheelman, each with their own distinct driving style. Together, they go up against The House, a nefarious cartel that runs the city’s underground. Drift up and down mountain roads, tear up the desert terrain, speed through the city, complete insane heist missions and earn enough of a reputation on the streets to get revenge in the ultimate race to take down The House.

With cars at the center of everything in Need for Speed Payback, Derelicts bring all-new and unique customization options. Take a scrap chassis found on the side of the road and turn it into a supercar dream machine. Five unique car classes bring endless tuning opportunities for players to specialize their ride and leave challengers in the dust during Racing, Off Road, Drifting, Drag or Runner missions.

Epic cop chases bring even more heat to the road in Need for Speed Payback. Smarter police mean it’ll take more skill to escape and fend off new reinforcement vehicles like Rhinos and Helicopters. Feeling confident? Take a chance on Bait Crates in the open world, which award players mysterious performance upgrades if they can escape an on-the-spot cop chase.

Need for Speed Payback is rated ‘T’ for Teen by the ESRB and is available today for $59.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Origin™ for PC. For more information please visit www.ea.com/games/Need-for-Speed.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 11, 2017, 08:38 Suppa7

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 02:33:
No, he's right. High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed were the last (only?) good ones. Since then, it's all shitty arcade physics and zero damage model. So fucking ridiculous. But I guess there's money in pandering to the kids on consoles who don't like a challenging game.

You guys are delusional, Most wanted 2005 was the best selling need for speed series out of all nfs games that have ever been released up until this very day. Both shift, shift 2 and Pro street tried to take nfs back to a more sim like game with mixed results. The series has been falling off in terms of sales since Most wanted 2005. Most wanted 2005 sold 15 million copies across all platforms, it dipped to 4-5 million after carbon/prostreet/etc. All the others have had trouble reaching even 5 million.

The people who ended up making Project cars and Project cars 2 were responsible for NFS shift series.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2017, 09:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 11, 2017, 02:33 ForgedReality

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 01:22:
christheshitter wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 18:27:
The last good NFS game was Porsche Unleashed. Anything after has been made for kiddies.

Quite the bit of bullshit. Most NFS games have been alright up until post most wanted 2005.

Underground 1 and 2 were both pretty decent games. Most wanted 2005 was a high water mark for the series selling 15 million units.

NFS has been in a state of decline since 2005's most wanted sales wise.

No, he's right. High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed were the last (only?) good ones. Since then, it's all shitty arcade physics and zero damage model. So fucking ridiculous. But I guess there's money in pandering to the kids on consoles who don't like a challenging game.

13. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 11, 2017, 01:22 Suppa7

christheshitter wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 18:27:
The last good NFS game was Porsche Unleashed. Anything after has been made for kiddies.

Quite the bit of bullshit. Most NFS games have been alright up until post most wanted 2005.

Underground 1 and 2 were both pretty decent games. Most wanted 2005 was a high water mark for the series selling 15 million units.

NFS has been in a state of decline since 2005's most wanted sales wise.

12. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 18:27 christheshitter

DangerDog wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 17:59:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujMEBfIoRg

Need for Speed checkpoint, now with extra quicktime.

EA has promoted marketing stooges to be game designer/producers and this is the result.

11. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 17:59 DangerDog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wujMEBfIoRg

Need for Speed checkpoint, now with extra quicktime.

EA has promoted marketing stooges to be game designer/producers and this is the result.

10. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 17:17 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 14:05:
Why are these "open world" games so dead? I mean I don't expect to be able to run over crowds of people but they could at least put some sims walking around doing the quick dodge when you get near them.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles is probably the only open world racing game to at least attempt to bring some life into an open world racing game.

Just checked out some youtubes from this game, about the only thing you can do damage wise is scuff the paint. I don't know if that's a lazy dev thing or a "we won't let you show our cars smashed up" licensing thing. I want to see distressed cars when I race, bumpers falling off missing fenders, broken glass. Midnight Club: LA was made what year and ran on shitty xbox 360 hardware, mops the floor with this game.

edit: I guess there is damage model, you can dial it back so some vids must have done that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CRY8y7jkho

only clip I could find that actually shows a damaged car, everything else is just scuff marks.
Carmageddon is a racing game with both tons of pedestrians and a full damage model.

Stay a while, and listen.

9. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 17:14 The Half Elf

Avus wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 12:32:
MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 12:05:
I can't find it on Steam...

Which EA new game have you been able to buy from Steam recently? this is why EA made Origin.

He is being VERY serious

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

8. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 17:11 Burrito of Peace

SlimRam wrote on Nov 10, 2017, 16:24:
Midnight Club: LA was made what year and ran on shitty xbox 360 hardware, mops the floor with this game.
Heh, LOVED Midnight Club LA!! That game made you feel like you were going waaaaay too damn fast It was SO GODDAMN unforgiving but I played the hell out of that game!

Another vote for MC:LA being one of the greatest racers ever. Drifting around corners in that game just felt...right. Still fire up the old 360 to play it now and again.

7. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 16:24 SlimRam

Midnight Club: LA was made what year and ran on shitty xbox 360 hardware, mops the floor with this game.
Heh, LOVED Midnight Club LA!! That game made you feel like you were going waaaaay too damn fast It was SO GODDAMN unforgiving but I played the hell out of that game!

6. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 14:05 DangerDog

Why are these "open world" games so dead? I mean I don't expect to be able to run over crowds of people but they could at least put some sims walking around doing the quick dodge when you get near them.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles is probably the only open world racing game to at least attempt to bring some life into an open world racing game.

Just checked out some youtubes from this game, about the only thing you can do damage wise is scuff the paint. I don't know if that's a lazy dev thing or a "we won't let you show our cars smashed up" licensing thing. I want to see distressed cars when I race, bumpers falling off missing fenders, broken glass. Midnight Club: LA was made what year and ran on shitty xbox 360 hardware, mops the floor with this game.

edit: I guess there is damage model, you can dial it back so some vids must have done that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CRY8y7jkho

only clip I could find that actually shows a damaged car, everything else is just scuff marks.

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 2017, 14:51.

5. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 13:17 ItBurn

no  

4. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 12:32 Avus

Which EA new game have you been able to buy from Steam recently? this is why EA made Origin.

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

3. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 12:30 jacobvandy

Not sure if serious... EA games haven't been released on Steam for like 6 years now.

2. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 12:05 MrGrosser

1. Re: Need for Speed Payback Peels Out Nov 10, 2017, 11:35 Avus

People who like playing racing game with loot crate should buy this game…
or
People who like playing loot crate with racing game should buy this game…

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo