Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Obsidian Tease

A tweet from Obsidian seems to tease a new game announcement, as it lays out the developer's resume to date with a conspicuous line of question marks apparently signifying their next project (thanks VG247). Here's what they posted:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Neverwinter Nights 2

Alpha Protocol

Fallout: New Vegas

Dungeon Siege III

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Pillars of Eternity

Armored Warfare

Pathfinder Adventures

Tyranny

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

???

View
10. Re: Obsidian Tease Nov 9, 2017, 12:48 MoreLuckThanSkill

grudgebearer wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 11:38:
I wanted to like Pillars of Eternity, but the it just couldn't hold my attention. The characters and the story were 'Ok' in the generic fantasy book type way, but the combat/gear setup drove me insane.

I'm about 80% through the vanilla game, my characters are maxed out, I have two floors of the keep dungeon left, and I've only completed one of the companion backstory quests.

Haven't picked up Tyranny, was waiting for 75% off or greater.

You will probably end up liking Tyranny more, honestly, if that's your feelings on PoEt. Tyranny definitely has better writing and much more memorable characters, excellent magic system, if a bit simplified in the combat due to the smaller party setup. Max out your LORE stat at all times, every character. Lore is insanely important in Tyranny for casting.

Tyranny is also a lot shorter game, definitely a tighter focus, deliberately on Obsidian's part. The gear situation in Tyranny is... slightly better than PoEt? I don't know what in particular you didn't like in Pillars about the gear, aside from probably the grinding requirements on Soulbound weapons, but Tyranny's gear is pretty straight forward, with a lot better options for crafting exactly what you want.

It doesn't matter much now, since both games have been patched a ton, but Tyranny was also remarkbly almost bug free on release day, pretty much unheard of for Obsidian.

Another Alpha Protocol game would be awesome; I loved that in spite of the bugs back in the day, but I would put money on them making Tyranny 2. Their Tyranny team and engine is ready to go, although I HOPE and assume they will bump the party up to 5, on par with PoEt 2. The Tyranny universe has a ton of story material available for a sequel.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Nov 9, 10:24 Re: Obsidian Tease Creston
  2. Nov 9, 10:57  Re: Obsidian Tease Bill Borre
  3. Nov 9, 11:31   Re: Obsidian Tease Verno
  5. Nov 9, 11:42    Re: Obsidian Tease saluk
  6. Nov 9, 12:04     Re: Obsidian Tease Verno
  17. Nov 9, 17:11    Re: Obsidian Tease Acleacius
  8. Nov 9, 12:24   Re: Obsidian Tease Jerykk
  9. Nov 9, 12:33    Re: Obsidian Tease NKD
  4. Nov 9, 11:38 Re: Obsidian Tease grudgebearer
>> 10. Nov 9, 12:48  Re: Obsidian Tease MoreLuckThanSkill
  13. Nov 9, 14:16   Re: Obsidian Tease grudgebearer
  7. Nov 9, 12:06 Re: Obsidian Tease Cutter
  11. Nov 9, 13:36 Re: Obsidian Tease yuastnav
  12. Nov 9, 13:43 Re: Obsidian Tease ItBurn
  14. Nov 9, 14:30 Re: Obsidian Tease ForgedReality
  15. Nov 9, 15:23  Re: Obsidian Tease CJ_Parker
  16. Nov 9, 16:11   Re: Obsidian Tease Spektr
  18. Nov 9, 20:25    Re: Obsidian Tease Big Frank
  19. Nov 9, 23:29 Re: Obsidian Tease HorrorScope
  20. Nov 10, 19:42 Re: Obsidian Tease GothicWizard
  21. Nov 10, 22:29  Re: Obsidian Tease Acleacius

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo