Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

New HITMAN Plans

A post from Io-Interactive from Io CEO Hakan Abrak reflects on the launch of the HITMAN Game of the Year edition. He thanks customers for their support, saying this is how they have been able to thrive during their return to independence. He concludes with a mention of the next game in their assassin-for-hire series, though he says they won't share any details about this until sometime next year:

I also want to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you, in advance, to everyone who supports us by purchasing the GOTY Edition or the Upgrade. Your support will directly help us to continue on our independent journey towards the next Hitman game and beyond. We’re in this together and we promise that we will channel our passion and skills to shine through in everything that comes from this studio.

One last thing about our next Hitman game; I want to let you know that we’re making great progress and we have exciting new features and some franchise firsts, which we can’t wait to tell you all about. You’ll have to wait a little longer as we don’t plan to start talking about that until some point in 2018.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 9, 2017, 04:47 Jerykk

Dacron wrote on Nov 9, 2017, 01:34:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 22:49:
The bonus missions were just that: bonus missions. They weren't originally part of the season pass and were basically given away for free.

THESE bonus missions aren't like the OTHER bonus missions. They're super special!!!

Why?

Because IO was still owned (and funded) by Square when those bonus missions were made and now they're not? IO's financial situation is completely different now that they're independent. They can't afford to continue creating substantial free content when they've already delivered everything they originally promised with the first season. Hell, they've delivered more than they promised.

I know it's a crazy notion but game development costs money. Content doesn't magically create itself. But hey, continue fighting the good fight on the internet. You'll show those damn greedy developers who actually want to get paid for doing their job!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 9, 2017, 01:34 Dacron

Jerykk wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 22:49:
The bonus missions were just that: bonus missions. They weren't originally part of the season pass and were basically given away for free.

THESE bonus missions aren't like the OTHER bonus missions. They're super special!!!

Why?

Cause we like money, and we already got yours once. Now give us more. Duh.

Those that justify additional content, beyond season passes, are exactly why we are in this bull shit dlc mess in the first place.

But by all means, bend over, lube up, spread your cheecks and smile as you present yourself for the taking. I'll steal from them before I succumb to that (and the record breaking profits they make year after year).

Looking for lube? I'll donate a few $$ so you can forward the rest to dlc.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

4. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 9, 2017, 00:24 Steele Johnson

I'm not a big fan of the last game. The AI was frustrating as hell! I could do the exact same thing 3 times in a row and the AI would react differently each time. Fail, load, fail load, fail, load...  

3. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 8, 2017, 22:49 Jerykk

2. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 8, 2017, 13:00 Dacron

Jerykk wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:24:
$20 for the GOTY upgrade is a bit much for what you get, but I consider it a donation towards Season 2's development.

Yep, definitely waiting for a sale on this bit. Even worse is when they add 3 missions for the first 3 missions as season pass content, then put the last 3 missions on a separate DLC.

Scummy.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

1. Re: New HITMAN Plans Nov 8, 2017, 12:24 Jerykk

$20 for the GOTY upgrade is a bit much for what you get, but I consider it a donation towards Season 2's development.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo