Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer Speculation

Greg Black tweets about his return to Electronic Arts, where he once worked on the Command & Conquer series with credits including Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle-Earth II, Command & Conquer 3, and Red Alert 3. The last mention of him here was when he reflected on the state of the C&C series after he left EA, explaining how Command & Conquer 4 turned out how it did. GameWatcher notes his most recent project before this reunion was working at Blizzard on StarCraft II, and his return home has them speculating that we may yet see another RTS game in the C&C series. Greg isn't spilling any beans yet, saying simply:

Survived my first day back at @EA

It's a weird feeling being back after all this time. Can't wait to show you all what I'm working on. :)

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 22:05 jacobvandy

Gods, no, not that abomination. It was an actual standalone 3D game meant to have single/multi/co-op modes and be run as a service, with new content added over time. Although, the browser game may have been "good enough" for them and led to its cancellation.

https://www.polygon.com/2013/10/29/5043244/ea-cancels-free-to-play-command-and-conquer

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 21:00 CJ_Parker

You mean that F2P browser game? That one is still going actually:

https://www.tiberiumalliances.com/

7. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 17:19 jacobvandy

Didn't they already try a freemium C&C and it never made it more than a few months in beta?  

6. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 15:58 CJ_Parker

J wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:59:
C&C - now always online, with no single player, and loot boxes. The EA way (tm).

^ this

Recent news seem to indicate that they are tripping over themselves at EA HQ to find popular franchises they can revive to jump on the microtransaction + loot box hypewagon.

Kinda like the mobile craze a few years back when they were doing mobile spinoffs with in-app purchases of every franchise just to cash in on the popularity of the franchise on the app store.

Same thing here. If they are really doing C&C then I bet it's gonna be some lame multiplayer focused garbage game with microtransactions and loot boxes (a nice shiny mammoth tank or special agent Tanya inside a loot box anyone?) out da a$$.

5. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 12:46 Slick

I want another C&C Generals ^_^

I remember the mods for that game being epiccccc

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

4. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 12:22 Rhett

Another Battle for Middle Earth would be fun, too...

C&C ain't what it used to be.

3. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 11:59 J

C&C - now always online, with no single player, and loot boxes. The EA way (tm).  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

2. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 11:28 Jagacademy

These games are fun to play single player, and maybe some skirmish multiplayer games with friends, but competitively they have always been awful.

I remember watching a Command & Conquer 3 tournament where every single player was doing the exact same build and unit composition, because there was literally only one single viable strategy.

1. Re: Command & Conquer Speculation Nov 8, 2017, 11:28 HoSpanky

Well, I’d say we’re due another Red Alert game. RA3 in co-op is a hilariously fun time, due to absurd units and the intentionally badly acted cutscenes.

They’re so bad that one of the characters, who has an obviously fake British accent, is played BY A BRITISH PERSON.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo