Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 18:51 Mordecai Walfish

Does this mean we will have better anti-cheat measures in place in RDR2 and GTA6 online? I've never had to buy a single shark card in the years I've been playing it, namely because of the generous cheaters who have literally showered me in money multiple times. I have more than I'll ever need and literally no reason to ever spend any more than I paid to originally purchase the game at launch (~$45 from gmg preorder, iirc)

That being said, I would gladly pay more if they had legitimate anti-cheat measures in place for their next games. It seems there are many more malacious cheaters that waste your time trying to find un-fucked lobbies, than there are benevolent ones just having fun with building-sized Voltron robots and giving away money randomly.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 17:30 jacobvandy

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 16:43:
If this were Ubisoft or EA I'd be worried, but it's only Take Two...

Both Ubi and EA already make more from "recurrent spending" than game sales, the future is now for them!

3. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 16:43 eRe4s3r

If this were Ubisoft or EA I'd be worried, but it's only Take Two...  

2. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 13:01 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:04:
Take-Two: ‘Recurrent consumer spending’ is the way of the future.

You know, I get it: companies like dependable revenue streams. But as a consumer, I like to purchase a complete product. I don't want to pay a bunch of money to find out the game is incomplete, and I have to pay a bunch more to make it whole. Sure, lots of games restrict MTs to cosmetic or convenience items, but the temptation to bifurcate the game to force players into spending more money is going to be incredibly tempting with MTs becoming the norm.
It's the future.
wat r u, a commie?

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

1. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2017, 12:04 jdreyer

Take-Two: ‘Recurrent consumer spending’ is the way of the future.

You know, I get it: companies like dependable revenue streams. But as a consumer, I like to purchase a complete product. I don't want to pay a bunch of money to find out the game is incomplete, and I have to pay a bunch more to make it whole. Sure, lots of games restrict MTs to cosmetic or convenience items, but the temptation to bifurcate the game to force players into spending more money is going to be incredibly tempting with MTs becoming the norm.

Stay a while, and listen.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo