Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Walking the doggies this week reminds me how much I hate standard time. Heading out at 5:00 pm before the clocks changed was already bad enough, as it was pretty much sundown by the time we got back. With daylight saving time concluded, it was dusk when we headed out at 5:00 on Monday, and pitch black by the time we returned. Yesterday I got out earlier, but it was still completely dark by the time we got home. We don't have many streetlights around here, so this is a problem. For now I'm carrying a flashlight to find camouflaged poop, but Jedi's mom has ordered LED collars for Jedi and the Gunnar-man to help make them more visible at night. The cool thing about the collars is that one setting flashes the lights, so we'll not only be more visible out there, but when boredom strikes we can disco. Now it's time to add the soundtrack from Saturday Night Fever, or at least A Night at the Roxbury.

Flashy Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: The Farmer 3D.
Stories: This Woman Found Out Her Husband Was Cheating and Caused a Plane Emergency.
‘F–k their wives’: Youth hockey coach fired after pregame rant.
Science: The EPA has approved the release of weaponized mosquitoes in 20 US states. "There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly..."
Brains get tired at the neuron cell level, a new study shows.
Study bolsters theory of heat source under Antarctica.
Images: 'Hell is here and now'- The real story of an elephant and her calf's disturbing escape photo.
When you know you're the good boy. To help counter the horror of the elephant photo. Thanks Kxmode.
Media: Gotta go fast! He's not even blue!
3D Zoetrope of Fish eating Fish.
SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY (React- Gaming).

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2017, 01:46 Echo Red Park

Hey Blue,
I don't stop by too often anymore but wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday since I know it's coming up. (I'm the 21st too, which is the only way I remember...) Hope you, Mrs. Blue and the pups have an awesome day.

Cheers!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 23:57 Creston

West Bengal's Bankura is high overdue some whole-scale fucking asshole cleansing.

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 8, 2017, 20:19 Mordecai Walfish

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 19:33:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 18:42:
LOL @ that hockey coach.

“I want to see you sticking your hands up these guys ass and workin’ them like a fuck puppet,” the coach screamed.

Everything I would expect from a hockey coach, honestly.
Jonah NSFW Veep

LOOOOOL, Apparently I need to watch this show. Thanks =)

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 19:33 RedEye9

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 18:42:
LOL @ that hockey coach.

“I want to see you sticking your hands up these guys ass and workin’ them like a fuck puppet,” the coach screamed.

Jonah NSFW Veep

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 18:42 jdreyer

Pigeon wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 14:01:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:14:
Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:48:
The woman, who had been drinking,

Yeah, I think it's past time that airlines cut the booze entirely. If you can't survive a few hours without having a drink you've got serious issues.

The thing is, then you'll have people sneaking booze onto planes to drink, which makes it much more difficult to control, and turns the flight attendants into law enforcement.

Maybe, but there are already restrictions on what kind and how much alcohol you can carry on a plane. Considering the amount of rummaging the TSA already does, I don't think an alcohol ban would be hard to enforce. The real problem is after security check most airports have plenty of places to get wasted prior to getting on the plane. My guess is there's too much money involved for them to make airports 'dry' areas.
That's true. If you forced all alcohol into checked luggage, then had TSA prohibit it in carry-on, that would work.

As someone pointed out though, that's a big revenue stream.

Stay a while, and listen.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 18:42 Mordecai Walfish

LOL @ that hockey coach.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 15:19 Kxmode

Slick wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 10:44:
Has there ever been a pic of the Gunnar-man on here? I feel that he's achieved mythical status...

"Pictures or it never happened."

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 14:18 Cutter

Yes, but you're not allowed to board a plane while intoxicated already and if the penalty is stiff enough for smuggling booze on board than people won't do it. It's no different with all my years as a bartender, when people came in either corked or half-in-the-bag they wouldn't get served. In Ontario the bartender/server/manager/resto are all legally responsible for over-serving people booze. They can and do get arrested, sued, business shut down/lose its license all the time by the AGCO. It's a serious business here. Personally it's always bothered the hell out of me because it absolves the drinker of any personal responsibility and I don't see why I need to be their babysitter. If you can get drunk, handle your shit and not be a problem than all power to you. And most people can, these laws always and only exist because a handful of assholes can't handle their shit. It's the same with drugs, gambling, etc.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 14:01 Pigeon

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:14:

Yeah, I think it's past time that airlines cut the booze entirely. If you can't survive a few hours without having a drink you've got serious issues.

The thing is, then you'll have people sneaking booze onto planes to drink, which makes it much more difficult to control, and turns the flight attendants into law enforcement.

Maybe, but there are already restrictions on what kind and how much alcohol you can carry on a plane. Considering the amount of rummaging the TSA already does, I don't think an alcohol ban would be hard to enforce. The real problem is after security check most airports have plenty of places to get wasted prior to getting on the plane. My guess is there's too much money involved for them to make airports 'dry' areas.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 12:38 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 12:16:
Has there ever been a pic of the Gunnar-man on here? I feel that he's achieved mythical status...

How did you miss the Halloween pic from last week?

Nice! That's the money shot, thanks for the link. He's a cutie.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 12:16 jdreyer

How did you miss the Halloween pic from last week?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 12:14 jdreyer

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 12:12 jdreyer

The EPA has approved the release of weaponized mosquitoes in 20 US states.

All I could think of was "Mosquitos with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 12:11 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 11:58:
I have BN whitelisted, and today all the ads I seem to be getting are anime video games, Gavin McInnes and his Proud Boys alt-right dingbats, and super cheap chinese clothing brands.

I think the ad network thinks I'm a The_Donald poster.

Someone has been watching hentai anime again, haven't they?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 11:58 Beamer

I have BN whitelisted, and today all the ads I seem to be getting are anime video games, Gavin McInnes and his Proud Boys alt-right dingbats, and super cheap chinese clothing brands.

I think the ad network thinks I'm a The_Donald poster.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 11:48 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2017, 10:44 Slick

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo