Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S.

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Reports Results for Fiscal Second Quarter 2018. They show growth in GAAP net revenue, but still declare a GAAP net loss. Like for the Ubisoft results, Gamasutra notes the emphasis this places on microtransactions, saying they account for nearly half of the company's net revenue for the quarter. The results also include word that Grand Theft Auto V is now the bestselling videogame in U.S. history: "Grand Theft Auto V has now sold in more than 85 million units. According to The NPD Group, Grand Theft Auto V is now the all-time best-selling video game, both in revenues and units, based on combined U.S. digital and physical sales across PC, console and portable." Here's more on the results:

Net revenue was $443.6 million, as compared to $420.2 million in last year’s fiscal second quarter. Recurrent consumer spending (virtual currency, add-on content and microtransactions) grew 66% year-over-year and accounted for 48% of total net revenue. The largest contributors to net revenue in fiscal second quarter 2018 were NBA® 2K17, Grand Theft Auto® Online and Grand Theft Auto V, WWE® SuperCard and WWE 2K17, and XCOM® 2.

Digitally-delivered net revenue grew 31% to $302.9 million, as compared to $230.8 million in last year’s fiscal second quarter, and accounted for 68% of total net revenue. The largest contributors to digitally-delivered net revenue in fiscal second quarter 2018 were NBA 2K17, Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V, XCOM 2, and WWE SuperCard.

Net loss was $2.7 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, as compared to net income of $36.4 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, for the comparable period last year.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 8, 2017, 13:08 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 09:26:
Man, though, GTA5 is a disaster outside of Trevor.

GTA 5 really looks to have shoved Steven Oggs (Trevors voice actor) film / tv career into gear. Westworld, Walking dead, Better Call Saul...

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 8, 2017, 09:26 Beamer

beigemore wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 08:44:
Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:47:
Whatever shortcomings GTA may have the overall stories are amazing. And 5 is the best. The whole dynamic between Trevor, Michael and Franklin was brilliant. And I don't know how you can call RDR tired when there's only been one. And that's hands down the best game Rockstar has ever made. I can't wait for RDR2.

Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption

Looks like two to me.

They're very, very different games. One was a linear game half developed by Capcom, and the other is open world. The RDR games have even less in common than GTA3 from the original GTA.

But, to that first guy, the plot and writing in GTA5 is some of the worst in games, in my opinion. I mean, utter dreck. But RDR was pretty amazing, and Max Payne 3, written by the same guy that wrote GTA5, was pretty good. Man, though, GTA5 is a disaster outside of Trevor.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 8, 2017, 09:12 ForgedReality

A considerably large portion of those sales are banned cheaters who had to buy another key off g2a.  

8. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 8, 2017, 08:44 beigemore

Cutter wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 23:47:
Whatever shortcomings GTA may have the overall stories are amazing. And 5 is the best. The whole dynamic between Trevor, Michael and Franklin was brilliant. And I don't know how you can call RDR tired when there's only been one. And that's hands down the best game Rockstar has ever made. I can't wait for RDR2.

Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption

Looks like two to me.

7. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 23:47 Cutter

Bumpy wrote on Nov 7, 2017, 20:48:
So when are gamers going to get burned out from this type of game?

So a western is coming next but then what? Seems like a tired game to me, been there done that.

Perhaps GTA6 will be impressively VR to make a large improvement?

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

6. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 23:39 Creston

Holy freaking crap. I wonder how many of those are on the PC, as it's been in the top 10 non-stop for well over a year now.

Clearly, Rockstar, there is absolutely no demand for your games on the PC, you'd never make money off them, and you should never, ever put any effort into putting the RDR games on the PC. Rolleyes

5. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 22:51 Slick

5 platforms, 2 generations, 1 very mechanically out-dated game...

Looking forward to RDR2, but Watch Dogs 2 is my go-to open-world silly-fest over GTAV.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

4. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 21:31 jdreyer

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to sell GTAV is insignificant next to the power of the Force."  

Stay a while, and listen.

3. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 21:18 CJ_Parker

Still a proud non-owner of that casual piece of console dreck.  

2. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 20:48 Bumpy

So when are gamers going to get burned out from this type of game?

So a western is coming next but then what? Seems like a tired game to me, been there done that.

Perhaps GTA6 will be impressively VR to make a large improvement?

1. Re: Take-Two Financials; GTA5 Now All-Time Bestselling Game in U.S. Nov 7, 2017, 20:01 NKD

S H A R K C A R D S  

You are being watched.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo