Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 7, 2017, 07:45 Redmask

Shineyguy wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 17:04:
??

Many titles will have 4K support out of the gate (Forza 7 among many others) + HDR, 4k BluRay playback, etc... Not sure what the problem is?

You're also describing the much cheaper Xbox One S. Does anyone truly give a shit about 4k patches for a console? The hardware is really expensive and I can only imagine that's a niche buyer market.

No one is going back to discs for movies by the way, that shit is dead.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 7, 2017, 00:51 |RaptoR|

Verno wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:51:
It's a $500 device with a selling point of "lots of third party patches to enhance games". Very unimpressive, Microsoft really sucks this generation. They need to invest in some first party studio partnerships again, all of their franchises are hitting franchise fatigue territory and when one of your tent poles is "Super Lucky's Tale" then you've got some issues to address.

I wouldn't single out Microsoft: Sony released the PS4 Pro which is the exact same deal. Stronger hardware that requires patching to take advantage of. The difference maker is the VR headset already available for the Sony crowd, but I wager that you'll hear more about Microsofts headsets and Xbox support in the coming months anyway.

Playing: Elite Dangerous, PUBG, Heroes of the Storm
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2017, 20:29 KezClone

I noticed that Sony had given me a bunch of points, realized it was from signing up for the rewards program. Redeemed my points for a $25 Target gift card!

Nice outta the blue surprise.

-Kez

2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 6, 2017, 17:04 Shineyguy

??

Many titles will have 4K support out of the gate (Forza 7 among many others) + HDR, 4k BluRay playback, etc... Not sure what the problem is?

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 6, 2017, 12:51 Verno

It's a $500 device with a selling point of "lots of third party patches to enhance games". Very unimpressive, Microsoft really sucks this generation. They need to invest in some first party studio partnerships again, all of their franchises are hitting franchise fatigue territory and when one of your tent poles is "Super Lucky's Tale" then you've got some issues to address.  
Playing: Persona 5, Ys VIII, Mario vs Rabbids
Watching: American Gods, Stronger, Day of the Dead Bloodline

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo