Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 18:31 Beamer

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 18:26:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 11:25:
... and it represented the lowest point of the season, quality-wise
, IMO.

IMO the lowest point for me had to have been that one solo episode with Eleven. I don't think there's many people who liked that episode and I constantly see it being singled out (and not in a good way) when people talk about or review Season 2 as a whole.

It was an episode of Heroes.

As a whole, I found the season to be ok. I thought the first season was just somewhat better than ok, but with a very strong cast and a few cliches turned on their head. This season undid some of the latter, but still had the strong cast. The strange things, though, not so great.

I would have preferred them to do an anthology of different horrors in different government facilities, and maybe just do a spin off following these kids being kids without some stupid shadow monster from Lost chasing them.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 18:26 OpticNerve

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 11:25:
... and it represented the lowest point of the season, quality-wise
, IMO.

IMO the lowest point for me had to have been that one solo episode with Eleven. I don't think there's many people who liked that episode and I constantly see it being singled out (and not in a good way) when people talk about or review Season 2 as a whole.

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 16:04 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 13:18:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:13:
I liked Stranger Things 2. Not quite as good as the first season, but still a highly tense and very enjoyable show. Very much looking forward to a third season (please, Netflix?)

Mouth Breather

Hey!

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 13:18 The Half Elf

I liked Stranger Things 2. Not quite as good as the first season, but still a highly tense and very enjoyable show. Very much looking forward to a third season (please, Netflix?)

Mouth Breather

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:25 jacobvandy

It wasn't that Bob died, it was that they did it with the most lame and cheesy horror trope of all time, the ol' phew, I'm safe, oh wait no I'm not AHHHHHHHHH! It wasn't emotional, you saw it coming a mile away, and it represented the lowest point of the season, quality-wise, IMO.  

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:24 jdreyer

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:40:
surprised it's only 15.8 million.. everyone i know is talking about it.

That was just the premiere. There a people like me that have yet to get to it, but absolutely will.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:22 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:37:
The Duffy brothers stated that the ending for the story would come after season 3.
I liked the second season so much that i rewatched the 1st just to stretch it out, still have s02e09 left to watch.

Yeah, loved ST S1. Haven't had time to start watching S2. Really looking forward to it.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:19 Cutter

Yeah, ST definitely hits all the right nostalgia buttons. I like Dustin the best with his constant D&D references and his 'sonofabitch' everything. That was the best with Mike's dad, "Son of a bitch, you're really no help at all, you know that?"

Secret: And that scene with Billy and Mike's mom was awesome. Maybe he'll plough her next season. I have the sneaking suspicion that he's gay and hot for Steve though.

"Rmabo. John J.? Well what do you know? Ol' Harry here's a soldier."

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:14 MacLeod

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:37:
The Duffy brothers stated that the ending for the story would come after season 3.
I liked the second season so much that i rewatched the 1st just to stretch it out, still have s02e09 left to watch.

I thought the Duffer brothers had it planned out until end of season 4, which is when they said it would end. (Plus something about how old the kids would be at that point)

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:12 Creston

Burrito,

(secret)

Yes, but nobody would have given a shit if Billy died. Bob dying was perfect. I mean, I was like NOOOOOO! BOB! but people CARED that Bob died. I liked Bob.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 11:10 Burrito of Peace

Agreed but there was one thing that bothered me (spoilers ahead)...THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS KILLED OFF BOB! Bob was a REALLY likable character. They should have killed off Billy. Fuck that guy.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 10:40 Tipsy McStagger

surprised it's only 15.8 million.. everyone i know is talking about it.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 10:37 RedEye9

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2017, 10:13 Creston

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo