Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Watching sports over the years teaches one to not have kneejerk reactions to trends too early, whether things are going well or poorly. With things going so far south for the NY Giants I have to admit I am not able to follow that principle, and I am jerking knees all over the place. There are some fans going along with the idea that this is on Eli Manning, but I'm having none of that. From my point of view, which is not unique, GM Jerry Reese has had way too many misses after the earliest rounds in the draft to keep his job. Perhaps if his offseason plan to rebuild the offensive line by talking about how hard our god-awful tackles were working on improvement had worked out I'd feel differently, but that's worked out about as well as one (other than Jerry Reese) would expect. I'm pretty much completely done with Coach McAdoo too. He earned some benefit of the doubt last season that would normally have me holding off judgment, but he has recently had to suspend our best cornerback just a couple of weeks after suspending our second-best cornerback, which sounds way too much like someone who has lost control of his team. Sad days in Giants country. I don't generally relish being proven wrong, but I can only hope things turn around rapidly and I have to eat all these words.

Kneejerk Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Death Car.
Story: Hate Daylight Saving Time? Massachusetts and Maine Are Leading a Charge to Ditch It. Thanks [H]ardOCP.
Media: id Software - Answering machine - June 1992. Thanks reddit.
Sharks Attack Submarine - Blue Planet II Behind The Scenes.
Here's What It's Like To Drive A Formula 1 Car.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 18:41 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 17:44:
Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 16:05:
Go MD and MN! Kill DST!

Fuck DST.

There’s an abundance of scientific research that has linked DST to harmful side effects, Bailey told the Los Angeles Times. Some of those harms include an increased risk of stroke, more heart attacks, miscarriages for in vitro fertilization patients, among many other undesirable complications.

Well, CLEARLY we should stick with it for whatever fucking minor-ass benefit it brought to farmers in 1147! Rolleyes

What article is that from? DST is certainly a hassle, but this is the first time I have heard that it is dangerous. What's the mechanism. The change to circadian rhythms?
It's in the newsweek article blue linked.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2017, 18:39 RedEye9

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 18:20:
NKD wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:35:
For anyone who hasn't played Watch_Doge 1, it appears to be free to add to your UPlay catalog at the moment.

So I added the game to my library, and it's giving me the option to "preload" the game, and says

"This game is not released yet. It will be available to play on UPlay any time after the release date."

Pretty odd, considering this came out like a half a decade ago.
Probably because the promotion does not start until tomorrow NOVEMBER 7, 2017 4:00 PM UTC - NOVEMBER 13, 2017 4:00 PM UTC.
https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 6, 2017, 18:20 Mordecai Walfish

For anyone who hasn't played Watch_Doge 1, it appears to be free to add to your UPlay catalog at the moment.

So I added the game to my library, and it's giving me the option to "preload" the game, and says

"This game is not released yet. It will be available to play on UPlay any time after the release date."

Pretty odd, considering this came out like a half a decade ago.

"No, let me clarify - if you don't watch it, I'll be wearing your ass for a shoe."

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 17:44 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 16:05:
Go MD and MN! Kill DST!

Fuck DST.

There’s an abundance of scientific research that has linked DST to harmful side effects, Bailey told the Los Angeles Times. Some of those harms include an increased risk of stroke, more heart attacks, miscarriages for in vitro fertilization patients, among many other undesirable complications.

Well, CLEARLY we should stick with it for whatever fucking minor-ass benefit it brought to farmers in 1147! Rolleyes

What article is that from? DST is certainly a hassle, but this is the first time I have heard that it is dangerous. What's the mechanism. The change to circadian rhythms?

Stay a while, and listen.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 16:05 Creston

Go MD and MN! Kill DST!

Fuck DST.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 15:46 Beamer

And now we have Cutter parroting white supremacist talking points. Not for the first time I might add.

ctrl-f "thug"

Yup.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 15:35 NKD

And now we have Cutter parroting white supremacist talking points. Not for the first time I might add.

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 15:30 Rigs

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 15:12:
BS, per usual

Oh. My. #$!^@&* GOD!

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 15:25 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:12:
Also, Michael Bennett.
Michael Bennett is awesome. He breaks most stereo types about football players. Intelligent, thoughtful, well spoken -- it is a pleasure to listen to him speak.

Cutter, you totally missed the point. They are taking advantage of their privileged status to attempt to bring attention to a serious, on-going issue. I take it you would rather they just chill in the mansion and ignore the problems?

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 15:12 Cutter

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 11:35:
At least you still have your main QB. Just saw Vin Scully says he'll never watch another NFL game again because of the black players protesting against the military. Jesus, most people don't even seem to know why they're protesting. I do find it highly ironic that a bunch of multi-millionaires who get paid absurd amounts of money for playing a game are complaining about inequality.

I swear to god Cutter, you can be so dense. They're protesting racial inequality, not financial inequality. Racial inequality affects even the top athletes in a given sport, so the amount of money or even fame you have is immaterial. Also, Michael Bennett.

I know it's racial inequality but that doesn't fucking matter you tool. Just like there's no such thing as "reverse racism", it's always and only racism or bigotry or inequality, it doesn't matter what you hyphenate it with. Just look at black crime statistics vs everyone else, particularly violent crime. The cops aren't the problem here. Stop being and/or acting like criminals all the time and you won't get treated as such. It's zero different from cops shaking down anyone else of any race who's looking and acting like a thug or trash or some other kind of heat score. Notice they're not stooping well dressed people who look like they're obeying the law and minding their own fucking business regardless of their fucking race. Get a clue.

Just look at all those people who have been getting shot, they're virtually all career criminals who were in the process of breaking the law at the time. Superstar black NFL players who are well dressed driving high end vehicles don't get treated the same way - unless they're breaking the law like a lot of them fucking do! Violent black on white crime happens 10 times as much as it does the other way around but I don't see any of the BLM assholes talking about that. Try living in reality for a fucking change.

“I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END.” - Miranda Hart

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 14:55 jdreyer

Time to bring Phil Simms and LT out of retirement? Also, the NYG need to read that Golden State moneyball article.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 14:05 Beamer

At least you still have your main QB. Just saw Vin Scully says he'll never watch another NFL game again because of the black players protesting against the military. Jesus, most people don't even seem to know why they're protesting. I do find it highly ironic that a bunch of multi-millionaires who get paid absurd amounts of money for playing a game are complaining about inequality.

I swear to god Cutter, you can be so dense. They're protesting racial inequality, not financial inequality. Racial inequality affects even the top athletes in a given sport, so the amount of money or even fame you have is immaterial. Also, Michael Bennett.

But money solves all problems and buys happiness!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 13:47 Pigeon

It’s hard to express my disappointment with my team this season. First our top defense goes to shit when two of our players get injured, and then after years of just god awful QBing we get an exciting play maker only for him to get a season ending injury in practice. Also the owner saying almost the worst thing, in the worst context hasn’t been helpful.

Speaking of which this whole kneeling debacle has been an excellent example of exactly why they should be protesting, and why it will ultimately be ineffectual on the people it needs to effect. People (the people that need to understand) don’t know why they’re protesting, and the talking heads those people listen to straight up lie about what is being protested.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 12:45 RedEye9

Once again the dotus provides proof of his supreme ignorance by saying "he believes the shooting was caused by a "mental health problem," not an issue with US gun laws."

Research has shown that mental illness is responsible for ~ 4% of mass shootings.
Impulsivity, anger, traumatic life events such as job loss or divorce, and problematic alcohol use are all stronger risk factors for gun violence.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 12:16 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 12:02:
I'm trying to figure out what kind of shark those are. I thought they were Pacific Sleeper sharks, but those sharks appear to only have a pelvic fin, whereas the sharks in the video have both pelvic and anal fins.
I was hoping to see the plexiglass crack.
http://www.seasky.org/deep-sea/sixgill-shark.html
https://www.sharksider.com/bluntnose-sixgill-shark/
I swear to god Cutter, you can be so dense.
You must be new here. :winkey-smiley-facey:

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 12:12 jdreyer

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 12:02 jdreyer

I'm trying to figure out what kind of shark those are. I thought they were Pacific Sleeper sharks, but those sharks appear to only have a pelvic fin, whereas the sharks in the video have both pelvic and anal fins.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 11:35 Cutter

“I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END.” - Miranda Hart

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2017, 10:44 RedEye9

Must have been the same sharks that attacked the ladies sailboat during the storm causing them to drop their satellite phone in the ocean.
Did I miss something or has that unbelievable story gone dark?

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo