Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On PUBG Cheating

A Steam Community post from Bluehole apologizes for all the cheating present in PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (thanks GameInformer), and discusses more of what they plan to do to clean up the battle royale game:

First of all, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the cheaters and we are sorry that you have not been able to enjoy PUBG in a safe and fair environment. Our development team is doing their best to detect and ban those who use cheats in a more proactive manner. We are aware that we still have much to do. We will use all available resources to combat cheaters and foster a safe and fair in-game environment. We will also continue to take actions against those who develop and distribute cheats.

As we announced before, we are in the process of adopting new tools to detect and verify users with unusual gameplay patterns and today, we will be rolling out additional measures. We will continue to permanently ban those who are using cheats. When unusual gameplay patterns are detected from an account, that account will be temporarily suspended and investigated.

Although we hope to bring about a safe and fair environment in PUBG as soon as possible, our battle against cheaters will not end overnight. We will continue our research and development to establish a better system for combatting cheaters. We will take stronger actions to find and ban cheaters, while at the same time taking good care to not harm innocent players. Next week, we will be deploying yet another patch related to cheat detection.

Again, we would like to assure you that we will continue our efforts to shape a healthy environment in PUBG. Your feedback is crucial for us in banning cheaters and combatting the use of cheats. We will be listening to your feedback as we continue to build our anticheat system and adopt new measures.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 6, 2017, 14:17 Retired

Xero wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:10:
This will always be the number one complaint of many gamers that prefer console gaming over PC. They always point to the rampant cheaters online vs console online gaming.

While it does suck, I probably don't play enough online gaming to care. Other than CSGO which does have it's fair share, it's usually easy to point out which are obvious cheaters vs fair skill.

Over the counter plug and play mods have made cheating on console just as bad.....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 6, 2017, 10:10 Xero

This will always be the number one complaint of many gamers that prefer console gaming over PC. They always point to the rampant cheaters online vs console online gaming.

While it does suck, I probably don't play enough online gaming to care. Other than CSGO which does have it's fair share, it's usually easy to point out which are obvious cheaters vs fair skill.

Currently playing: Counter Strike Go, The Witcher 3, Shadow Tactics

13. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 6, 2017, 05:55 Redmask

Will this game hold up in popularity over the long term like Counter-Strike did? I wonder.  

12. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 21:24 Mr. Tact

Yep. It's been a while since I did online FPS but even "back in the day" you knew it was a case of "you have to know which servers are well run." It has always been that way, it always will be...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 21:11 HorrorScope

Pretty sure their goals are larger than player run servers for this game.  

10. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 20:54 Slashman

Someone always has to ruin it for other people I guess.  

9. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 15:04 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 14:12:
Simplest fix for any FPS is allow player run servers. Good servers will always have moderators that nuke cheaters on sight. Best times I ever had playing CS were on heavily moderated servers. Anyone cheating, being a dick/racist/bigot etc. all gone in an instant. And on the really good ones a lot of times they'd have private servers that were invite only. After spending some time on the pub and them seeing you were solid you'd get an invite. So much nicer to play in that environment where everything is fair and everyone is cool.

QFT

Some of the best online friendships/relationships I have are from DoD and DoD Source servers. Great communities.

8. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 14:12 Cutter

Simplest fix for any FPS is allow player run servers. Good servers will always have moderators that nuke cheaters on sight. Best times I ever had playing CS were on heavily moderated servers. Anyone cheating, being a dick/racist/bigot etc. all gone in an instant. And on the really good ones a lot of times they'd have private servers that were invite only. After spending some time on the pub and them seeing you were solid you'd get an invite. So much nicer to play in that environment where everything is fair and everyone is cool.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

7. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 14:02 Rhett

Doesn't help the steam forums are literally overrun by Chinese hacking posts. :/ (this is for the test server, but obviously nothing is being done about it - it's been like this since the test server came out)  

6. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 12:35 Ozmodan

Yep, dedicated servers help a lot, but are expensive to maintain.  

5. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 12:29 RedEye9

[removed]  

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

4. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 12:27 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 12:08:
I can count the online PC games that I don't routinely run into a bunch of cheaters on one hand. Game developers seem to have lost the battle vs. cheat creators.
It's a never-ending game of whack-a-mole. At least the PUBG devs are doing everything humanly possible to combat the cheaters.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

3. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 12:12 Dacron

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 12:08:
I can count the online PC games that I don't routinely run into a bunch of cheaters on one hand. Game developers seem to have lost the battle vs. cheat creators.

Well run dedicated servers helps fix this. But games with those are rare now too.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

2. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 12:08 NKD

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

1. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 11:34 Retired

ie: We have done pretty much nothing, but don't have the resources to do much.

Main problem with the Unreal engine is how long it has been out and the cheats are rampant across all Unreal games.

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo