Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 6, 2017, 12:45 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 21:58:
Creston wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 13:05:
It doesn't matter what Equifax does or doesn't do about that, it matters what the FTC will do.

Oh wait, the FTC just takes a bribe and shuts the fuck up, like the rest of our government.

Do you mean the SEC? The SEC are kind of strict on insider trading. Ask Martha Stewart. If insider trading happened, they'll likely find out about it and do something.

Yeah, you are correct. I still don't think shit is going to happen though. Martha Stewart was small fry peanuts and someone they used to scare the peasantry into obedience. Equifax is like, IMPORTANT, MAN! :\

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 21:58 NKD

It doesn't matter what Equifax does or doesn't do about that, it matters what the FTC will do.

Oh wait, the FTC just takes a bribe and shuts the fuck up, like the rest of our government.

Do you mean the SEC? The SEC are kind of strict on insider trading. Ask Martha Stewart. If insider trading happened, they'll likely find out about it and do something.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 20:22 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 17:58:
Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 14:26:

Except when things get too hot then they go after them guns blazing. And that's the case here. Oh, I'm sure we'll see charges being laid against these guys before too long.
I guess it depends on how many rich white people got hurt. No one went to jail for causing the mortgage crisis a decade ago since the victims were largely poor and middle class and a lot of minorities. Bernie Madoff went to jail because he stole from rich white folks.

If there were that much of a fire to do something about Equifax then the Republican Senate wouldn't have voted to make arbitration clauses binding two weeks ago, taking class action lawsuits out of the equation. But they did. I don't believe the government is going to do anything bad to anyone significant at Equifax.

4. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 17:58 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 14:26:

Except when things get too hot then they go after them guns blazing. And that's the case here. Oh, I'm sure we'll see charges being laid against these guys before too long.
I guess it depends on how many rich white people got hurt. No one went to jail for causing the mortgage crisis a decade ago since the victims were largely poor and middle class and a lot of minorities. Bernie Madoff went to jail because he stole from rich white folks.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 14:26 Cutter

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 13:05 Creston

1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 5, 2017, 10:52 RedEye9

Equifax has the best investigators.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo