Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Metaverse

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 5, 2017, 23:18 Mr. Anisotonic

Simon Says wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 16:13:
And thanks for that info about the Orange Order Mr. Huron, just checked it up on Wikipedia. John A. Macdonald ( first Canadian PM and founding member of the Confederation, he was pretty much the architect )

This is a common misconception. He was not. He was merely, believe it or not, the most politically correct and publicly presentable man of his gang.

The leg work of the Confederation can be properly attributed to George Brown, famous for his "isn't it wonderful? french-canadianism entirely extinguished!" quote that he wrote to celebrate his fine work in 1867.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 5, 2017, 20:37 killer_roach

Beamer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 16:31:
Do you think Amazon is hiring people that don't want to be in Canada?

Do you think they're hiring people that can't speak "functional English?"

Do you think they're hiring refugees?

People have told you, repeatedly, that isn't the case, but it's like you read nothing. Amazon doesn't hire HB1s that are underqualified or unhappy to be there. They don't hire them at reduced salaries, either. Amazon is hiring the people coming out of the schools. Do you know who is filling the top MBA and CS programs in both our nations? Foreigners. Do you know who Amazon wants to hire? The top MBA and CS graduates.

It isn't hiring them because they're foreigners, and it isn't paying them less, it's hiring them because they're the most qualified. And most of those very qualified candidates want to stay in the West and build their lives here.

I work for Amazon as an entry-level manager - over the years I've worked with a couple dozen people hired through their recruitment of elite business schools. I've helped train people who have received MBAs from Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Michigan... and who come from literally all over the world. Ghana, Mexico, Nigeria, Romania, Taiwan, India, Brazil, Egypt, Australia... about the only thing they have in common is that they came here to learn and develop their careers, they're somewhere between very and incredibly good at what they do, and they're paid extremely well based on what they bring to the table.

22. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 5, 2017, 16:13 Simon Says

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 19:55:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 18:48:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 17:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 16:26:
. And that immigrants need to do more to assimilate, including at least having functional English and a whole host of other things before they even set foot here.

Right?? I went to Montreal last year and all these fucks were speaking French. And I said to my wife, haven't they assimilated and learned English yet? It's been 250 years!

K-bec has always been a major PITA in Canada's ass. They're pretty much given up on separatism now, and they should have never entertained it in the first place. The only thing keeping them employed and having to need to NOT speak English is remaining in Canada. The overwhelming majority of Canadians are just as fed up with Quebec. They're constantly pandered to by the liberals with the lion share of tax dollars going to the province for everything just to placate them. Most people would rather just boot them out of the country entirely. And by that I mean literally send the separatists back to France. They're going to lose the language one day, it's inevitable as the tides. The sooner they learn to cope with it, the better off for everyone.

And once again the ignoramus has spoken.

Indeed, it's an old tired tirade I've heard a thousand times which totally ignores the fiscal reality of the situation.

During the last referendum of 1995, the ruling party of the province had proved without a doubt to the Banksters of Wall Street they would be better off economically outside Canada, after the fact was acknowledged, they gained Wall Street's support for independence.

And the reason is simple, in total, the province, its taxpayers and companies send more $ to Ottawa than whatever gets back in perequation and other grants/services ( and that's not taking into account that with independence, the St-Lawrence river becomes Quebec territorial waters, which opens up the opportunity for some major $ in the form of rights of way and other means ). Of course you will have english canadians claim the opposite in all caps, especially those living in Mordor ( Alberta ), alas they never could prove it with simple numbers because the actual numbers say the exact opposite of what they claim.

Fiscally, everyone outside english canada ( who were and are still in complete denial ) agreed that independence was the most profitable thing to do for the province.

And thanks for that info about the Orange Order Mr. Huron, just checked it up on Wikipedia. John A. Macdonald ( first Canadian PM and founding member of the Confederation, he was pretty much the architect ) being a member is pretty damn incriminating and explains a lot of the redneck'ish and sometimes racist attitude french canadians witness the moment they step into another province and dare not to exclusively speak indiscernible english.

This comment was edited on Nov 5, 2017, 17:36.

21. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 5, 2017, 10:10 Beamer

NKD wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 00:19:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 23:33:
NKD wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 20:32:
Christ I'm glad Canada shoulders the blame for the existence of Cutter and not the US. We have enough shame already thanks in no small part to the dotus.

No, America is an embarassment unto itself precisely because of loud-mouthed morons like yourself who are incapable of keeping their big, fat, stupid mouths shut. You are the epitome of the American ignoramus. You're simply too stupid and vile to comprehend that. You're that fool that the rest of the family hopes and prays never shows up at family affairs and wishes you'd just disappear into oblivion forever.

You sound a little upset.

He's always a little upset. And always oblivious to how he's perceived. Yet you're the loud-mouthed moron incapable of keeping your big, fat, stupid mouth shut.

What's most fun about Cutter is he never surprises you. Find a topic, and you can tell his opinion based upon how it impacts him. Does it? Then he's vehemently against it, and only morons or evil people aren't. Does it not impact him? Then only morons or evil people care about it.

And if it's a topic about Mortal Kombat, he'll run in and post "Mortal Wombat" every. single. time.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

20. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 5, 2017, 10:06 Dacote

Christ I'm glad Canada shoulders the blame for the existence of Cutter and not the US. We have enough shame already thanks in no small part to the dotus.
LOLOLOL
Imagine if it tweeted, shudder.

19. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 5, 2017, 09:20 Nofactor97

Many of the "Loud Mouth Americans" are trolls from other countries posting online via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or any comments section.
It has actually been an extremely effective attack on American Ideals, causing angst among general Americans, and effectively drawing out the "fringe" on both sides of the political spectrum.

And that "Net States" article on wired is just poorly thought out. Facebook may have 2 billion members, but they are segregated into their own cliques and cultures. Not like Facebook is some big "mixed up culture blending success story".

18. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 5, 2017, 00:19 NKD

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 23:33:

No, America is an embarassment unto itself precisely because of loud-mouthed morons like yourself who are incapable of keeping their big, fat, stupid mouths shut. You are the epitome of the American ignoramus. You're simply too stupid and vile to comprehend that. You're that fool that the rest of the family hopes and prays never shows up at family affairs and wishes you'd just disappear into oblivion forever.

You sound a little upset.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 5, 2017, 00:16 Mr. Anisotonic

Cutter here is what you call an Orangeman. In fact, Canada was founded by a fascist organization called the Loyal Order of Orange. They have organized the assimilation of the french-canadians through various means such as outlawing French schools outside of Québec, as well as the attempts to destroy native-american cultures coast to coast. You have never heard about the Loyal Order of Orange, but you have certainly heard of their close-knit buddies, the KKK - these two groups are virtually indistinguishable. Every single "father of the Canadian Confederation" was an Orangeman, and for 200 years, up to 1/3 of Canadians were officially registered Orangemen. Every single major Canadian city (outside Québec of course) has been stepped on by gigantic KKK rallies during decades.

Did I mention fuck you Cutter and fuck Canada?

Sincerely,

A Huron.

16. removed Nov 4, 2017, 23:34 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 5, 2017, 10:19.

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

15. removed Nov 4, 2017, 23:33 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 5, 2017, 10:19.

14. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 4, 2017, 20:32 NKD

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

13. Re: Origin Access Free This Week Nov 4, 2017, 19:55 {PH}88fingers

Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 18:48:
. And that immigrants need to do more to assimilate, including at least having functional English and a whole host of other things before they even set foot here.

Right?? I went to Montreal last year and all these fucks were speaking French. And I said to my wife, haven't they assimilated and learned English yet? It's been 250 years!

K-bec has always been a major PITA in Canada's ass. They're pretty much given up on separatism now, and they should have never entertained it in the first place. The only thing keeping them employed and having to need to NOT speak English is remaining in Canada. The overwhelming majority of Canadians are just as fed up with Quebec. They're constantly pandered to by the liberals with the lion share of tax dollars going to the province for everything just to placate them. Most people would rather just boot them out of the country entirely. And by that I mean literally send the separatists back to France. They're going to lose the language one day, it's inevitable as the tides. The sooner they learn to cope with it, the better off for everyone.

And once again the ignoramus has spoken.

12. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 18:48 Cutter

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 18:15 Simon Says

Double post  

10. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 18:03 Simon Says

Horrible example, don't you know your history? French came first. Thirteen colonies came second. When the thirteen colonies won their independence, the disgruntled England loyalists IMMIGRATED to what was called the "upper canada" ( Ontario ) which was originally french while most the french were moved to the "lower canada" ( Quebec ).

So, its the other way around, the english loyalists were persecuted in the 13 colonies and became canadian immigrants, so they really were refugees from your civil war. Did they learn french already? Nope. Does it matter now? Not one bit.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 2017, 18:20.

9. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 17:49 jdreyer

Stay a while, and listen.

8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 16:31 Beamer

Enahs wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 13:32:
Cutter wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 12:19:
Fuck you Amazon and fuck you Truedeau and the Liberal party! 1000 more jobs? 1000 more foreigners taking Canadian jobs more like.
Huh? Amazon is a US company and headquartered in Seattle. How can it be 1000 more foreigners taking Canadian jobs? They are not Canadian jobs to begin with.

They're going to Canada because the Liberals have opened up the floodgates on immigration and foreign worker visas, our equivalent of the HB1 bullshit you guys have. They're only doing this to take advantage of that. And meanwhile over 70% of the country is against those liberal policies, and feel that the entire system needs to be drastically overhauled. The majority feel that, just like in the US, jobs should be going to people here first. And that immigrants need to do more to assimilate, including at least having functional English and a whole host of other things before they even set foot here. In short, people want to close the doors here as well, at least to a trickle and only essential immigrants with needed skills at that. Like you, we've got way too many immigrants/"refugees" here that aren't part of the solution.

Do you think Amazon is hiring people that don't want to be in Canada?

Do you think they're hiring people that can't speak "functional English?"

Do you think they're hiring refugees?

People have told you, repeatedly, that isn't the case, but it's like you read nothing. Amazon doesn't hire HB1s that are underqualified or unhappy to be there. They don't hire them at reduced salaries, either. Amazon is hiring the people coming out of the schools. Do you know who is filling the top MBA and CS programs in both our nations? Foreigners. Do you know who Amazon wants to hire? The top MBA and CS graduates.

It isn't hiring them because they're foreigners, and it isn't paying them less, it's hiring them because they're the most qualified. And most of those very qualified candidates want to stay in the West and build their lives here.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 16:26 Cutter

Enahs wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 13:32:
Fuck you Amazon and fuck you Truedeau and the Liberal party! 1000 more jobs? 1000 more foreigners taking Canadian jobs more like.
Huh? Amazon is a US company and headquartered in Seattle. How can it be 1000 more foreigners taking Canadian jobs? They are not Canadian jobs to begin with.

They're going to Canada because the Liberals have opened up the floodgates on immigration and foreign worker visas, our equivalent of the HB1 bullshit you guys have. They're only doing this to take advantage of that. And meanwhile over 70% of the country is against those liberal policies, and feel that the entire system needs to be drastically overhauled. The majority feel that, just like in the US, jobs should be going to people here first. And that immigrants need to do more to assimilate, including at least having functional English and a whole host of other things before they even set foot here. In short, people want to close the doors here as well, at least to a trickle and only essential immigrants with needed skills at that. Like you, we've got way too many immigrants/"refugees" here that aren't part of the solution. This is the current climate today in most first world countries, 'Sorry, country is full, fix your own already.'

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 16:09 NKD

Cutter bitching about people taking "Canadian jobs" when it's Canadians working for a US company anyway. Man...

Should just be thankful they are putting ANY high-paying corporate jobs in Canada. They could easily do all that shit in the US.

5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 15:37 jdreyer

Don't worry Cutter. Even though Amazon won't hire any Canadians to work in the office as Amazon employees, they'll hire you to clean the office at night. Also they'll buy sandwiches from you at lunch. Trickle down economics at it's finest.

Stay a while, and listen.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo