Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced

Blizzard's final BlizzCon reveals are of a new Battle for Azeroth expansion coming to World of Warcraft, as well as plans to introduce a World of Warcraft Classic server option for the MMORPG, something many have been expecting/hoping for ever since Blizzard had a private vanilla server shut down. This cinematic trailer and this features video show off the new expansion, and urges players to hear over to the World of Warcraft website to opt in to the beta. This page has details on what to expect, including a new level cap, new dungeons & raids, an included character boost, and new social options. This video announces World of Warcraft Classic. They say to stay tuned for details. In the meantime, word is: "We’re pleased to announce the development of a “classic server” option for World of Warcraft. We’ll have more information to share in the future."

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 6, 2017, 21:21 Redmask

You're right though, you're just aggressive all the time.

No, I just don't let people like you escape without a taste of your own medicine first. It's not my fault you don't like what you see in the mirror.

Ugh. THis expansion seems pretty lame compared to....well, any of the other expansions. No new race. No new class. But you can sort of play WC3 inside WoW now, so...yay?

I don't know, Warlords of Draenor was offensively bad in so many ways that this at least seems like an improvement in the passion department, if not the feature one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 6, 2017, 20:56 Agent.X7

Ugh. THis expansion seems pretty lame compared to....well, any of the other expansions. No new race. No new class. But you can sort of play WC3 inside WoW now, so...yay?

They've gone Everquest. Endless new expansions with no new tech. I think it's about time for WoW 2.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

29. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 6, 2017, 09:54 Dacote

Quinn wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 09:58:
Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 22:43:
Leave him alone and go make your shitty videos that no one watches.

You bring passive aggressiveness to a new level. Literally in all your comments -- at least the ones I come across. There's a good to fair chance you have been bullied a lot in high school? I can imagine that such a hardship is the kind of ordeal that scars you. Your scar tissue is the seething anger that projects itself online -- where you are anonymous, and nobody knows you as the broken kid.

Get help.
Even though it's true does not make it any less sad.

28. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 6, 2017, 09:17 Quinn

I do care for yours. Ergo earlier analysis and suggestion.

You're right though, you're just aggressive all the time. Not sure why passive sneaked in there.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

27. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 6, 2017, 05:59 Redmask

No, that's not passive aggressive, that's just aggressive. Learn the difference. You were being a dick to El Pit and I was a dick to you for it. Sorry that triggers you 'special snowflake'. I don't care about your feelings or existence.

26. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 5, 2017, 09:58 Quinn

Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 22:43:

You bring passive aggressiveness to a new level. Literally in all your comments -- at least the ones I come across. There's a good to fair chance you have been bullied a lot in high school? I can imagine that such a hardship is the kind of ordeal that scars you. Your scar tissue is the seething anger that projects itself online -- where you are anonymous, and nobody knows you as the broken kid.

Get help.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

25. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 22:43 Redmask

24. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 22:08 Quinn

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 15:17:
21. Ignored Nov 4, 2017, 12:06 MacLeod

To view this user's posts click on the username.

I definitely won't click!

He's making good points, kiddo. But I guess the name-calling triggered you real good, didn't it? You've got the skin of a snowflake.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

23. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 15:17 El Pit

21. Ignored Nov 4, 2017, 12:06 MacLeod

To view this user's posts click on the username.

I definitely won't click!

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

22. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 12:48 heroin

I'm surprised that they haven't at least reduced the subscription fee. For me, I always buy WoW expansions and play it gleefully for a month, which is a shit ton of content, no doubt - but they haven't been able to hook me into paying subscriptions for back to back sequential months, in probably a decade.

I'd look forward to rolling a toon or two on a classic server, though. Cap at 60, Azeroth only, harder to kill mobs, slower progression. It was definitely a different beast then than it is now, it actually sort of seemed like a world (a real MMORPG) instead of a bunch of random zones all slung together...

21. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 12:06 MacLeod

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 10:58:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 09:39:
Only a moron would think I was talking about that.

"Scammers", "morons" - and you take your assumptions and interpretations and discuss them instead of what others have written and then you call those people out on your own assumptions. Class act!

Ignored from now on.

Hmm... Lets look at my original quote:

"We want to scam our way around paying a subscription fee!"
Talking about people using an emulator to play WoW.

You then said:

Yes, I it is absolutely "SCAMMING AROUND A FEE" like the whole Guild Wars 1/2 is "SCAMMING AROUND A FEE"... LOL!

Which references a game without a subscription fee. Clearly not what I was talking about.

Perhaps you shouldn't talk about discussing what others have written because you weren't actually talking about what I was.

But I then responded, elaborating on what I was specifically talking about. And mentioned how you said you don't play subscription based games, which is fine, except that the games you would be playing (GW1/GW2 for example) are still legitimate game copies (not emulators).

Of course, you didn't mention any of that in this reply either. But keep making non-points. *thumbs up*

20. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 10:58 El Pit

MacLeod wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 09:39:
Only a moron would think I was talking about that.

"Scammers", "morons" - and you take your assumptions and interpretations and discuss them instead of what others have written and then you call those people out on your own assumptions. Class act!

Ignored from now on.

19. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 09:50 RedEye9

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 07:28:
This. Charging for a game this old would be an insult.
You know better than that, last I checked Valve still charges for Half-Life.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

18. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 09:39 MacLeod

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 06:12:
Yes, I it is absolutely "SCAMMING AROUND A FEE" like the whole Guild Wars 1/2 is "SCAMMING AROUND A FEE"... LOL!

I simply don't play subscription games. If ActiBlizz doesn't want new people to play WoW - it is their decision. Whatever, I got other games to play without monthly fees (you know, those few games out there for SCAMMERS... Like pretty much 99% of all games available. Hilarious.).

Obviously, I'm not talking about GW1/GW2 type things that are built on the F2P model. Only a moron would think I was talking about that.

Blizzard charges for WoW. People created server emulators under the guise of "We want to play original WoW because that was the glory days!". More like, they wanted to not pay Blizzard their rightful subscription fees. Which is why most of those people won't sign up for the classic server. Because I can almost guarantee that Blizzard isn't going to put it out there for free, when it would compete with their own product.

What good is them going F2P with Classic? What could they possibly offer? They can't add loot boxes and such, as then it wouldn't be the classic experience... so there would literally be no way for them to make money.

You don't play sub games. Good for you, but you're still playing legitimate copies of games.

17. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 08:44 Mr. Tact

Oh please. "They want to charge for an old game!" There was a demand for the game. No one is twisting your arm. If you don't want to play it, no one is forcing you. As far as the subscription model for any game... they should do the continual updates, fixes, and maintenance free of charge? You know what it takes to support multiple millions of players?

*sheesh* Millennials!

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

16. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 4, 2017, 08:06 Kajetan

Charging for a game this old would be an insult.
So GOG should stop selling older games?

15. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 07:57 Redmask

Why? You still get value out of playing it so its still worth something. People just don't want to pay and used emulated servers because they could.

A better argument would be that they can make their business model on microtransactions but I hate that shit so I would rather they just charged me an honest dollar. Old or not if its fun then its worth money to me.

14. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 07:28 theyarecomingforyou

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 06:12:
MacLeod wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 18:19:
Hey look. I didn't even have to comment about this... someone already did it. See... this proves that (most of) the "We want to play vanilla" nostalgia, is a load of crap. It's more like "We want to scam our way around paying a subscription fee!"

I simply don't play subscription games. If ActiBlizz doesn't want new people to play WoW - it is their decision. Whatever, I got other games to play without monthly fees (you know, those few games out there for SCAMMERS... Like pretty much 99% of all games available. Hilarious.).

8700K @ 4.9GHz / 32GB DDR4 / GTX 1080 OC
Optane 900P 280GB / 30" Hazro HZ30Wie

13. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 4, 2017, 06:12 El Pit

MacLeod wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 18:19:
Hey look. I didn't even have to comment about this... someone already did it. See... this proves that (most of) the "We want to play vanilla" nostalgia, is a load of crap. It's more like "We want to scam our way around paying a subscription fee!"

12. Re: World of Warcraft Classic and New WoW Expansion Announced Nov 3, 2017, 22:26 Ant

Ha. I never explored WoW with its major changes. I only played its original vanilla WoW.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo