Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: WWII Released

Activision announces the release of Call of Duty: WWII, a new installment in the military shooter series that returns to its original World War II setting. The announcement is lengthy, covering the various SKUs and details on season pass content as well as the game. No need for a launch trailer as every moment of the game is depicted in an endless stream of livestreams. Here are the details in case you want to play instead of watch:

Call of Duty: WWII is loaded with an incredible amount of content, and delivers a variety of new ways for all players to connect, compete, and engage as a community across the unique modes of play. The Call of Duty: WWII story campaign immerses players into an intense journey filled with gripping action and epic battles. Players follow the story of Ronald “Red” Daniels, a member of the US 1st Infantry Division, who joins British forces and the French Resistance, and battle across the beaches of Normandy, to the liberation of Paris and ultimately into Germany.

Call of Duty®: WWII multiplayer is a fast-paced, grounded, and action-packed mode set in some of the most iconic locations in World War II’s European theater with an arsenal of iconic weapons and equipment to suit different play styles and innovative ways to experience the mode, including:

• War Mode: Developed in partnership with Raven Software, allows players to compete against each other as Allies and Axis forces in team-driven, objective missions.
  • Divisions: Redefines create-a-class system for how players develop their WWII Multiplayer Careers by enlisting in five iconic divisions, including the first to the fight Airborne Division, sharpshooting Mountain Division, the versatile Infantry Division, heavily-equipped Armored Division, and the Expeditionary Division armed with incendiary rounds and shotguns.
  • Headquarters: An evolving, shared social space for players to connect with fans and friends.

Nazi Zombies is an all-new, cooperative zombies mode that thrusts players into a dark and terrifying, new and unique storyline set within a mythical and mystical World War II universe. Players embark on a chilling journey through a snowy Bavarian village in Germany, which holds a twisted secret to an unimaginable and monstrous power.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Here I come! Nov 12, 2017, 21:21 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 20:25:
Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 13:13:

CoD is shit, Battlefield is better. THREAD DERAILED.

Dude, you brought up BF in a CoD thread. KXMode is gonna be so mad...

But BF is better. It's more open, flyable, driveable, etc. Lots of options! CoD is fine for infantry and linear. Oh, and I meant multiplayer.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 11, 2017, 11:13 Lord Laggart

I had a hard time buying this one after having not bought a COD since Black ops 1. I got it on the xbox one. I'm enjoying the game. After playing lots of Battlefield 1 it's initially very laughable to play. But the gameplay of getting shot, and then getting right back into shoot the ass who just killed you has a very satisfying instant action/gratification to it. I'd give it a 7.5 That being said, Battlefield for life!!!!  

16. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 21:35 SpectralMeat

Wtf is going on in here. A CoD getting praised on Bluesnews?
Did hell froze over or something?

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 20:26 jdreyer

DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 15:07:
WWII was an inside job

It was Obama's fault.

Stay a while, and listen.

14. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 20:25 jdreyer

Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 13:13:

Dude, you brought up BF in a CoD thread. KXMode is gonna be so mad...

Stay a while, and listen.

13. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 20:11 Retired

It is actually pretty good. It feels really good. The movement is good, the roots of the original are there. Everyone in the round isn't going to get score streaks. Kills are only worth 50 pts. So far today the takeover of a map by 1-2 people with kills/score streaks is little to non.

The game feels a lot like DOD and early on CoD. They did a really good job. I am very surprised. It isn't completely optimized and it is actually missing a lot of content (kind of sad, there are many stations in the game at HQ that say "coming soon")

I brought zero expectations to the table. Am very pleased.

Very limited Hardcore modes vs vanilla. So stupid.

I'll eat my hat on this one.

There is a HUGE grind in the game if you care about unlocks and all that garb.

Needs a lot of tweaks on weapons, this is what happens when you have super limited beta for an incomplete game.

12. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 18:12 Task

Its the same formula as any other CoD game or the first WW2 ones, so it seems just 'fine' to me. I'd probably get it for the SP at least at some point. Pure schlock is fun sometimes. I definitely remember playing CoD 1 back in the day.

The only thing that sucks to me as that since much of the new younger generations consume media like this, I wonder if they think that 'this' is what WW2 was. These games are not exactly known for their history lessons lol.

Still it would be a real twist if they actually made these games with campaigns from multiple sides, including the Axis. The budget for that would probably be ginormous with the cinematics they went for this time around - now that I think about it.

MekPak Variants Mod - BattleTech Beta

11. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 18:11 Shataan

7.5 to 8.5 out of 10 possibly yeah. I can agree with that. It was definately created FOR consoles..... with the console crowd inmind. Imho. But the PC release is not too bad at all.  

10. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 17:25 Slick

8.5 out of 10!? really!?  

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 15:07 DangerDog

WWII was an inside job  

8. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 14:44 Hoop

Shataan wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 14:31:
Gotta say visually AND animationswise, the final release craps on the beta. Just sayin`. For me the beta sucked ball.

Never played the beta but COD WW2 is a solid 8.5 out of 10.
A welcome addition to what has been a purple patch for FPS gamers interested in WW1 WW2.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2017, 15:19.

Um .. Behind you...

7. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 14:31 Shataan

Gotta say visually AND animationswise, the final release craps on the beta. Just sayin`. For me the beta sucked ball.  

6. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 14:30 theglaze

Lorcin wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 13:48:
They need to make a secret mode where you play a young boy trying to hide from Kevin Spacey's character from COD:AW

Gayzi Spacey's

5. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 13:48 Lorcin

They need to make a secret mode where you play a young boy trying to hide from Kevin Spacey's character from COD:AW  

4. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 13:13 Slick

I tried the beta. Once I spawned into my first game it was all like SERIOUS ARMY SERIOUS ARMY ARMY shit....

And then I saw the animations of my teammates flailing or "running" around, and I just started laughing out loud and immediately Alt=F4'd then uninstalled.

I really need to find a video of this, but I guess any twitch stream will do, it looks SO BAD.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

3. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 12:27 SpectralMeat

Jagacademy wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 12:26:
I just bought this console trash and started downloading...

I'll be back later to complain about it.
Thank you!

Steam: SpectralMeat

2. Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 12:26 Jagacademy

I just bought this console trash and started downloading...

I'll be back later to complain about it.

1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 10:59 theglaze

Some Activision Executive wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 09:51:
That's what I love about these high school boys, man. I get older, and they will still buy the same shit.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo