Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 5, 2017, 20:09 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 18:35:
ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 02:46:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 15:30:

Well that proves it then Donny T is a saint? Get outta here with that crap. Seriously.

Donna's story and premise are falling apart as well.
Makes for good ad copy because she's trying to sell a book.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 5, 2017, 18:35 jdreyer

ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 02:46:
meanwhile crooked Hillary is confirmed crooked.

thank you donna brazile for confirming what everyone with a brain already knew.

Well that proves it then Donny T is a saint? Get outta here with that crap. Seriously.

Donna's story and premise are falling apart as well.

Stay a while, and listen.

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 5, 2017, 02:46 ZeroPike1

24. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 17:08 Redmask

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 15:17:
Trump has violated the Twitter ToS multiple times. They would be justified in terminating his Twitter.

So has half of twitter I'm sure. Twitter doesn't need you to tell them what they are justified in doing. They are a private company, they are allowed to give him whatever fucking twitter access he wants.

Obviously there is some sort of audience for his strange shit, in fact I would dare say some of you seem to be his biggest fans judging by the constant mentions here.

23. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 16:12 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 15:17:
Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 08:14:
2 beers short of a 4-pack derpage

Trump has violated the Twitter ToS multiple times. They would be justified in terminating his Twitter.
Whatever do you mean good sir?
Threatening North Korea with nuclear war via tweet. CHECK
Plus too many more to mention here.

The orange santorum and its tweets makes money for Twitter, that's the only reason the account has not been terminated.

22. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 15:17 jdreyer

Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2017, 08:14:
Yes muzzle him because we don't like what he has to say, we are so righteous.

It is probably just Bannon logged into his twitter account anyway.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 4, 2017, 08:14 Redmask

Yes muzzle him because we don't like what he has to say, we are so righteous.

It is probably just Bannon logged into his twitter account anyway.

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 22:45 Orogogus

I feel like nomination committees and the like, especially ones related to politics, are always dominated by secret closed room meetings and and backstabbing. My college dormmate went to a Young Republicans nomination meeting a few decades and said cheerfully that it was totally full of bullshit. Backroom deals resulting in people getting crossed off the agenda and what have you. That kind of crap just seems to be how politics gets made. The revelation that the DNC rigged its process to favor a pre-selected candidate seems entirely non-revelatory to me. But nothing in the news really convinces me that Sanders would have won the nomination if it weren't being pushed towards Clinton, either.  

19. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 22:21 Creston

NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 10:31:
Departing Twitter Employee 2020

Lol. He/she gets my vote!

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 20:31 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:02:

I thought people on the left would be a little upset about this but somehow it got glossed over. Perhaps you're right, since everyone "already knew" it just doesn't have any impact whereas fresh scandals or unknowns are more compelling reading.

I thought Sanders was a really interesting candidate. He wouldn't have been able to pay for any of his grand ideas but that election was certainly calling for them. The school tuition stuff was impossible and he had no credible plan but damn it would have been nice to see someone try.

Yeah, I was a Sanders supporter. He had some really good ideas, and we need new ideas instead of the same old warmed up 30 year old casserole.

17. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Nov 3, 2017, 20:13 NKD

Stormsinger wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 18:34:

From my own point of view, -anyone- who runs under the banner of a party that argues in court that they're not required to provide fair competitions for their candidates is already disqualified.

At this point, I wouldn't vote for Jon Stewart if he ran as a Democrat.

Well unfortunately we are only presented with two viable choices, and it seems to me that my fellow lefties are more concerned with sticking it to the DNC than to actually regaining any kind of majority.

I'm not sure what is to be accomplished by simply giving up.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

16. Re: Activision Blizzard Record Results, Layoffs Nov 3, 2017, 18:34 Stormsinger

NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:36:
Beamer wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:23:
Which is also why I said here a few days ago I think the DNC is still in trouble next election. There's nobody. Nobody.

Nobody might be a bit of an exaggeration. Kirsten Gillibrand, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris. Maybe Caroline Kennedy? If Stephen Colbert or The Rock actually run in 2020 rather than just joke about it, I think they'd be very serious contenders, despite the gimmickry of it.

I mean, if Trump can become President, you truly don't need any qualifications, just the ability to appeal to a large segment of the population.

Frankly I think our best bet to be rid of Trump is for someone less batshit insane to primary his ass. I'd vote (R) if the candidate wasn't Trump and wasn't completely repugnant, if the Democrats didn't have anything to offer.

From my own point of view, -anyone- who runs under the banner of a party that argues in court that they're not required to provide fair competitions for their candidates is already disqualified.

At this point, I wouldn't vote for Jon Stewart if he ran as a Democrat.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:41 Dacote

OpticNerve wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 16:29:
That departed Twitter employee needs to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
America needs heroes like this in these dark times.
http://www.newsweek.com/twitter-employee-who-deleted-trumps-account-being-hailed-hero-700633

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:36 NKD

Which is also why I said here a few days ago I think the DNC is still in trouble next election. There's nobody. Nobody.

Nobody might be a bit of an exaggeration. Kirsten Gillibrand, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris. Maybe Caroline Kennedy? If Stephen Colbert or The Rock actually run in 2020 rather than just joke about it, I think they'd be very serious contenders, despite the gimmickry of it.

I mean, if Trump can become President, you truly don't need any qualifications, just the ability to appeal to a large segment of the population.

Frankly I think our best bet to be rid of Trump is for someone less batshit insane to primary his ass. I'd vote (R) if the candidate wasn't Trump and wasn't completely repugnant, if the Democrats didn't have anything to offer.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:33 mag

I thought people on the left would be a little upset about this but somehow it got glossed over. Perhaps you're right, since everyone "already knew" it just doesn't have any impact whereas fresh scandals or unknowns are more compelling reading.

I thought Sanders was a really interesting candidate. He wouldn't have been able to pay for any of his grand ideas but that election was certainly calling for them. The school tuition stuff was impossible and he had no credible plan but damn it would have been nice to see someone try.

Yeah, to me it falls to an "already knew." Sanders was also an enemy of the DNC prior to deciding he wanted to make a serious run for President, so it doesn't surprise me that a guy who had spent decades talking about what a joke the DNC was didn't get a ton of internal support from them when deciding he wanted to use them to further his own career. The DNC still went further into Hillary than I had expected, but I expected a lot and basically understood it. Everyone else sucked, except Bernie, who had antagonized them for years.

Which is also why I said here a few days ago I think the DNC is still in trouble next election. There's nobody. Nobody. They let themselves be steamrolled by Hillary because they knew she was the best they had, and she still wasn't very much.

I agree to a point! The DNC rolled over and let Hillary bully her way into being the presumptive candidate, but I'm hoping with her out of the picture more credible people will start stepping up for 2020.

But its unlikely. They're apparently already having trouble finding credible candidates to run for competitive House seats. They're broke and in debt. They have a lower approval rating than the president. Ugh.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:29 OpticNerve

That departed Twitter employee needs to be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.  

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:23 Beamer

Yeah, to me it falls to an "already knew." Sanders was also an enemy of the DNC prior to deciding he wanted to make a serious run for President, so it doesn't surprise me that a guy who had spent decades talking about what a joke the DNC was didn't get a ton of internal support from them when deciding he wanted to use them to further his own career. The DNC still went further into Hillary than I had expected, but I expected a lot and basically understood it. Everyone else sucked, except Bernie, who had antagonized them for years.

Which is also why I said here a few days ago I think the DNC is still in trouble next election. There's nobody. Nobody. They let themselves be steamrolled by Hillary because they knew she was the best they had, and she still wasn't very much.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 16:02 Verno

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 15:52 RedEye9

NKD wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 15:40:

Don't worry man, I'm sure your boy Trump will get around to "locking her up" eventually. Or maybe he'll just continue to bitch and moan on Twitter about shit instead of actually doing something about it.
What office does Hillary Rodham Clinton hold again, hmmmm... What office is she running for again, hmmmm...
She is the smoke to the rancid cheetos mirror and his dimwitted deplorables eat it up like Easy Cheese on a RITZ cracker.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 3, 2017, 15:40 NKD

Don't worry man, I'm sure your boy Trump will get around to "locking her up" eventually. Or maybe he'll just continue to bitch and moan on Twitter about shit instead of actually doing something about it.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo