Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

BlizzCon gets underway today, so here's a shout out to all the gamers who made the sojourn to Cali to take part. This still reminds me of an idea my friends and I came up with when we were busy with Diablo III. The nature of the game requires repeatedly playing through the same segments, and our irritation over unwelcome aspects of the story eventually became so overwhelming that we vowed to attend BlizzCon as a group of Leahs. The goal would be to express our hatred of the character with the world's worst cosplay... beards, potbellies, blathering about Uncle Deckard in deep voices, the whole shebang. Not sure what point this would actually make, but it still makes me laugh to consider it. "This is about as exciting as the time Uncle Deckard and I spent the summer in Bramwell. People are quite boring there."

Cosplay Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Dinosaur Simulator 2: Dino City.
Story: UK To Get A Stunning View Of Beaver Moon In November.
Science: Using particle physics, scientists find hidden structure inside Egypt's Great Pyramid.
Gut bacteria 'boost' cancer therapy.
The Earth’s ozone hole is shrinking and is the smallest it has been since 1988.
Image: When your 4 year old wants to be a Sentry Turret for Halloween.
Media: Tim Minchin - Nine life lessons.
KILLER POOP WATER!?: PORTAL - Part 2 (React- Let's Plays).
Grave Digger's record breaking front wheelie. And I can't parallel park.
Follow-up: Massive Government Report Says Climate Is Warming And Humans Are The Cause. Thanks RedEye9.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 08:38 Mr. Tact

You know how most people have a film they consider a "guilty pleasure"? It's not an especially good film, barely worth watching once, let alone multiple times. But for some reason it strikes this particular person in just the right way, consequently they have watched it many, many times. (Grease 2 is one of mine )

That's kinda how I feel about the D3 story. Yeah, I realize it has major problems and really isn't well done... but for some reason it just doesn't bother me.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2017, 04:09 Nucas

Verno wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 09:55:
Leah was pretty bad but I always loathed Maghda in that game. A silly butterfly lady who exists only to annoy me to death with hamfisted plot exposition and Saturday morning cartoon laughter? What a compelling villain MWUA HA HA HA HA.

Blizzard's writers were never exactly stellar but things really took a nosedive in that game.

god help me, i don't know why, but i loved the lore and storyline of diablo 3 and reaper of souls, slapdash and lackadaisical as it is. there's so much revision, so many retcons, it's just college-level writing but fuck if i didn't buy the lore books and everything.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 15:20 RedEye9

Even the military justice system thumbs their nose at the dotus.
If President Obama (the sitting President when Bin Laden was captured) or even HRC had been in office, Bowe Bergdahl would be seeing time instead of a slap on the wrist.
Donny, when are you going to learn that you reap what you sow.
Of course the tweeting national embarrassment will blame it on Hillary.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 14:07 Hoop

THE OZONE HOLE IS SHRINKING! THE OZONE HOLE IS SHRINKING!
THE O....wait.

Grave diggers front wheelie.
I could do that, but I'm gonna need to be really drunk & chased by the cops.

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2017, 14:50.

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 12:07 Cutter

afka Rossini wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 11:38:
"UK To Get A Stunning View Of Beaver Moon In November."

Did anyone else read this headline and think "Phrasing"?

No, I actually thought of The Naked Gun, Nice Beaver!.

Biker

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 11:38 afka Rossini

"UK To Get A Stunning View Of Beaver Moon In November."

Did anyone else read this headline and think "Phrasing"?

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 09:55 Verno

Leah was pretty bad but I always loathed Maghda in that game. A silly butterfly lady who exists only to annoy me to death with hamfisted plot exposition and Saturday morning cartoon laughter? What a compelling villain MWUA HA HA HA HA.

Blizzard's writers were never exactly stellar but things really took a nosedive in that game.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo