Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 12:32 HorrorScope

Creston wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 10:25:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 23:59:
Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 22:10:
VR is not dead as evidenced by the multitude of awesome VR titles available today...oh wait!

More great VR titles than I have time for, oh wait. Could put 1000's of hours just into the sims.

I would fucking LOVE a VR version of Cities: Skylines.

That would be cool. Google Earth VR is pretty jaw dropping. I can pretty much say any game I have, I'd love a VR true 3d version of it, because it just sucks you in all the more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 10:34 NKD

VR isn't dead so much as in its infancy. The tech is there now thanks to Oculus and HTC/Valve but the price to actually get a working VR setup keeps it from reaching adoption levels that would allow more (and bigger budget) titles to be made.  

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

10. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 10:25 Creston

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 23:59:
VR is not dead as evidenced by the multitude of awesome VR titles available today...oh wait!

More great VR titles than I have time for, oh wait. Could put 1000's of hours just into the sims.

I would fucking LOVE a VR version of Cities: Skylines.

9. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 09:48 Beamer

Rhett wrote on Nov 3, 2017, 09:47:
I mean... I doubt it'll ever be as dead as 3D TVs... It's just too expensive right now.

Best Buy has 3 3dtvs listed, all Sony, priced from $4,000 to $60,000.

Wow.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 09:47 Rhett

I mean... I doubt it'll ever be as dead as 3D TVs... It's just too expensive right now.  

7. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 08:17 Ozmodan

Personally, I think CCP made the right move. There really is just not a lot of money to be made in VR right now. Mainly because the VR units are rather primitive and pricey.  

6. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 08:13 Undih

CCP has never done anything remotely fun. Except that old glorified excel spreadsheet of a game, they have managed one thing tho.. hire staff and sacking them again when their(CCP) ventures fail.  

5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 03:16 El Pit

VR is not dead - it just smells funny! (R.I.P., Frank Zappa)  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 3, 2017, 02:32 eRe4s3r

Considering CCP is always brought up as an example when it comes to things you don't ever do in VR because they make people sick this is kinda funny CCP never took VR seriously but only regarded it as a cashgrab...  

3. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 2, 2017, 23:59 HorrorScope

2. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 2, 2017, 22:10 Cutter

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 2, 2017, 21:05 Steazy

Maybe CCP didn't have much luck because their games were either low quality (Gunjack - buggy, ugly, not fun) or pay-to-pay trash (Valkyrie, $60 game, MP only, w/ more or less required micro transactions for each match you want to play - yes, they expected players to pay *per match* after shelling out full price for a glorified tech demo - oh and usually those matches are full of bots... why can't we have a single player mode?).

Not even to get into all the misleading promises around EVE Valkyrie (like integrating with EVE Online... or a single-player campaign, which each sold a bunch of copies for them - then they dropped those plans immediately and silently after launch in exchange for ship hats that players could rent).

If I had paid for either of those games they would have been the quickest refund in my life - and I didn't even bother to refund the horrendous John Wick VR game.

This says more about CCP than VR, IMHO. They made seriously (and obviously) dumb decisions and seemed to give zero fucks about the people who bought their VR games.

It's a fucking shame because the actual game play in Valkyrie was/is *awesome*. They fucked up the meta game so bad, and it was obvious from day 1, and CCP acted like their dicks were so big it didn't matter and we (the players) needed to just learn to fuckin' deal. Well we did, we didn't buy your stupid game and it brings me great joy to see them whining about it now cause they're just reaping what they sowed.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo