Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Patches

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 21:29 Slick

It probably is the DRM, but especially for a big budget single-player game, I'd assume they'd do anything they can to prevent it from being cracked on day 1 like the Shadow of War game a couple weeks ago.

I just hope that they'll disable it at some point in the future once it gets cracked. Would be HILARIOUS to see benchmarks running the pirated version vs the DRM one, and the pirated on is getting like 50% better frames ^_^ A man can dream...

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 19:12 Creston

Darks wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 12:20:
So, UBI says that the DRM is not causing any issues with high CPU usage. I think they are full of shit. There's no way you double down on the DRM with Denuvo and the VMProtect they implemented over top of that DRM and not have some kind of CPU usage hits too.

The weird thing is, I seem to have absolutely no issues with my CPU getting overloaded. Wouldn't it just CRUSH my ass-old 2500K? I mean, my CPU seems pretty busy during the game, but it runs like smooth silk too.

But yeah, them saying "It's not the DRM!" isn't going to be believed by anyone.

11. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 17:32 Slick

I don't think it's just Ubi, although they seem particularly attentive to their stockholder's needs for good quarterly reports. They don't often push release windows... And they do have a reason for doing this (Hostile takeover from Vivendi if too many people sell their stocks, Vivendi is there buying them)

But still, it's almost every AAA game that launches in the holiday season, publishers are soooo focused on getting a piece of that sweet holiday pie that they almost always push out less than polished games. I think all of the major publishers are guilty of this, except for Bliz and Valve, both who rarely make games, and who have the infinite money pile to take their time.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

10. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 17:02 CJ_Parker

I don't get why anyone would still buy a Ubishit game on release. Y'all deserve every single one of these issues and then some.
It's too bad the game can not physically come out of the PC and shit in your lap. Maybe then people would finally wake up?
Hm. Probably not. You would probably thank Ubi for making it nice, warm and cozy in your lap.

9. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 16:14 Slick

Man, I have a new TV arriving tomorrow too, would have loved to jam with this game on there in 4k hdr... I feel like such a marginal fringe element that they don't really even have to try.

They promised it was coming to PC in this patch, and nothing, nothing, NOTHINNNG!!!

grrr

IMPORTANT:
There will be another Title Update available in early November, which will most notably include 4K and Dolby Atmos support for Xbox One X and support of HDR displays for all platforms.

8. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 15:37 Burrito of Peace

Still no fix for surround sound headsets but, by God, we have a shitload of Photo Mode fixes!  

7. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 15:28 RedEye9

Is this the patch that removes the non-existent cpu usage that Denuvo DRM is falsely accused of?

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

6. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 15:06 NKD

This AC Origins patch fixed the performance slowdowns I was getting in cities and cutscenes.  

Citizen of the United Shitholes of America

5. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 14:04 Slick

So they said that the HDR patch was coming to ALL PLATFORMS

PC was mysteriously absent from this patch list of platforms getting HDR.

Motherfucker.

4. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 12:57 Cutter

That texture pack looks good though. Have to give that a whirl at Xmas I think. Says they also did one for Asylum.

I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END. - Miranda Hart

3. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 12:52 Darks

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 12:50:
Didn't see anything in the patch notes about disabling that stupid photo mode. I'm sick of seeing all the screenshots all over the map. And no, turning them off every time you use the map is just even a bigger PITA. Same with playing offline. Whichever asshole thought forcing this scheisse on people so needs to be fired!

Yea, thats annoying as hell too seeing all that shit on my map. I could give a shit less about who took what photo of themselves jacking off.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

2. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 12:50 Cutter

Didn't see anything in the patch notes about disabling that stupid photo mode. I'm sick of seeing all the screenshots all over the map. And no, turning them off every time you use the map is just even a bigger PITA. Same with playing offline. Whichever asshole thought forcing this scheisse on people so needs to be fired!

I have written the only diet book that I believe needs to exist, and here it is: CHAPTER ONE: Eat a bit less. CHAPTER TWO: Move about a bit more. THE END. - Miranda Hart

1. Re: Morning Patches Nov 2, 2017, 12:20 Darks

So, UBI says that the DRM is not causing any issues with high CPU usage. I think they are full of shit. There's no way you double down on the DRM with Denuvo and the VMProtect they implemented over top of that DRM and not have some kind of CPU usage hits too.

The game was not designed to have these kinds of draconian DRMs layered over top of the game and then tell us that the game not being effected by this crap.

If UBI wants to prove that this DRM is not causing issues with high CPU usage, then show us real time monitoring of the game with and without the DRM.

Because thats the only way I'm going to ever believe anything they tell us.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo