Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy birthday Gunnar-man! I've double-checked and I got it right this year, as this is actually something I've screwed up in the past: Last year I posted on the fifth that I had forgotten it the day before, but it's the second, not the fourth, so I got it wrong twice in one go. One reason this is an issue (besides the obvious fact that Gunnar doesn't notice either way) is that he was born on election day, and since that's a floating date, it created a vagueness that's plagued us ever since. Anyway, it was election day in 2004 when he came into this world, so our fantastic poodle turns lucky 13 today. He seems to be doing great for his advanced age, and he gets a lot of compliments on being in good shape.

Birthday Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Stick Arena Dimensions.
Last Day of the Woods.
Stories: Mary Pat Christie caught in distracted driving crackdown ordered by governor's attorney general.
How Moneyball Tactics Built a Basketball Juggernaut.
Kidde recalls fire extinguishers that don't extinguish fires.
Science: Humans didnít outsmart the Neanderthals. We just outlasted them.
Media: Star Wars: The Last Jedi -Awake- (:45).
Halloween Levitating Star Wars Speeder Costume.
Why this awful sounding album is a masterpiece.
Auctions: Luke Skywalker's lightsaber for sale.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 15:34 Hoop

Verno

Green man gaming 10% off
https://goo.gl/ExzFcN

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 08:59 Verno

Hoop wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 13:33:
Quick campaign first impressions on COD WW2 for those that care

The intros, cut scenes & story are very well done.
The in game animations not so much, typical COD everyone just drops too fast on being hit etc.
I like to turn in game music off but it looks as if thats not an option thankfully it's sparingly used.
I like the health regen, it's authentic & keeps you in the moment.
The hit indicator is horrendous, unsubtle & embarassing, thankfully so far with shit going down theres no time to really focus on it too much. (why would they not give you the option to turn it off?)
Sound effects are pretty good, graphics all turned up max 1920 1080 it looks pretty.
Amazingly with how linear the game is retrying a scenario things can & do play out a little differently, not much but enough to make you go... cool.
You can between chapters change difficulty & even step down mid chapter if struggling. (props)
I have this installed on my HD not ssd & Load times are amazingly fast, also things save on exit.(big props to them)
Update
The flamethrower is amazing

Thanks for the impressions Hoop. I read a bunch of reviews last night and its doing surprisingly well, might pick it up next year when Activision marks it down by 5% haha.

Playing: Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5, Vermintide 2
Watching: Annihilation, The Quiet Place, A Dark Song

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 08:27 Ozmodan

Anyone that thinks "Trout Mask Replica" is a masterpiece needs to see a shrink. Music is supposed to be enjoyed NOT reviled.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 3, 2017, 01:35 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 23:54:
The Witch-King of Angmar was an extremely minor cog within the Ringwraith organization and has never had, nor currently has, a relationship with Lord Sauron.

Good LOTR themed jab at the rancid cheetoh.

The Witch King of Angmar was brought down in epic fashion. By a woman, no less.

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 23:54 NKD

The Witch-King of Angmar was an extremely minor cog within the Ringwraith organization and has never had, nor currently has, a relationship with Lord Sauron.

Good LOTR themed jab at the rancid cheetoh.

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 21:05 RedEye9

The orange pustules twitter account was briefly deactivated today.

Twitter reportedly sent a back-channel message to White House staff that "Nuking North Korea --- Missiles in the Air, BITE ME Mueller!" was not an acceptable "jest" and gave DOTUS a 10 minute "time-out." /S

credit to poster opinionator262 @wapo

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 16:30 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 16:18:

The massive recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between Jan. 1, 1973 and Aug. 15, 2017.

"Sorry, every product we've ever made ever is defective."
Dangit, now I gotta read the article.
There goes the old adage "do one thing and do it well."

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 16:18 jdreyer

The massive recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between Jan. 1, 1973 and Aug. 15, 2017.

"Sorry, every product we've ever made ever is defective."

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 15:21 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:04:
Mary Pat Christie caught in distracted driving crackdown ordered by governor's attorney general.

Well, don't forget that this is the wife of Governor Christie who closed NJ state beaches, and then went to the beach. Laws are for the little people.
Quit posting those non-funny Onion articles, it upsets the plebeians. /Sarcasm

Edit
Mary Pat Christie was involved in a traffic accident on February 26, 2016 -- the same day Gov. Christie endorsed tRump for president.
sounds like an attempted suicide.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2017, 19:02.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 15:04 jdreyer

Mary Pat Christie caught in distracted driving crackdown ordered by governor's attorney general.

Well, don't forget that this is the wife of Governor Christie who closed NJ state beaches, and then went to the beach. Laws are for the little people.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 13:33 Hoop

Quick campaign first impressions on COD WW2 for those that care

The intros, cut scenes & story are very well done.
The in game animations not so much, typical COD everyone just drops too fast on being hit etc.
I like to turn in game music off but it looks as if thats not an option thankfully it's sparingly used.
I like the health regen, it's authentic & keeps you in the moment.
The hit indicator is horrendous, unsubtle & embarassing, thankfully so far with shit going down theres no time to really focus on it too much. (why would they not give you the option to turn it off?)
Sound effects are pretty good, graphics all turned up max 1920 1080 it looks pretty.
Amazingly with how linear the game is retrying a scenario things can & do play out a little differently, not much but enough to make you go... cool.
You can between chapters change difficulty & even step down mid chapter if struggling. (props)
I have this installed on my HD not ssd & Load times are amazingly fast, also things save on exit.(big props to them)
Update
The flamethrower is amazing

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2017, 03:46.

Um .. Behind you...

7. Astros Win Game 7 Nov 2, 2017, 13:05 RedEye9

Wow, what a series! An all-time classic! One for the ages!

Now if the Dodgers had won i would have said "I can't stand Joe Buck!"

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 12:54 Pigeon

Happy Doggy B-day Gunnar-man!

Also, go 'Stros!!

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 12:21 El Pit

Luke still looks mentally disturbed in the Falcon. I am afraid I won't like what the new ip owners have done to/with his character. Then again, I like Rian Johnson and will give episode VIII a chance to win me over. Episode VII definitely couldn't achieve this.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 12:05 Capella

Well Happy Birthday to the Gunnar-man! I think we can attribute his good health to his owner. The diet and exercise he gets are probably a huge part of his health. But lets not to forget the most important part, his loving home.  

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 11:16 Hoop

We'll give the author a Mulligan for calling the dog Milligan at one point in that article.
Call of Duty WW2 has just fully loaded here so I'm going in!

Um .. Behind you...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 11:00  Blue 

Hoop wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 10:57:
Good dawg
Happy birthday
I hope you got a pooch chariot GM.
https://goo.gl/Xv6uT2

Haha, that's awesome. He even looks like the Gunnar-man.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 10:57 Hoop

Good dawg
Happy birthday
I hope you got a pooch chariot GM.
https://goo.gl/Xv6uT2

Um .. Behind you...

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >