Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We had a great time with Halloween yesterday. We fell back on the Gunnar-man's best costume again, as the Super-Man suit fits well and pops against his black coat. Some of the costumes in our collection are clunkier, and most of them have too much black to show up well. Here's the promised photo, but you'll just have to take my word for it that this isn't just another shot from last year. The neighborhood kids were lovely as usual, and Gunnar had a terrific time, since he thinks they all came to visit him. The twins came by for candy, and dragged their folks along for drink-or-treat, so there was even an adult element to it all. BTW, I saw a different reference to drink-or-treat, but with a far cleverer name that I think deserves consideration: Liquor Treat. Good times.

Liquor Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: 3D City Racer.
Pumpkin Party.
Stories: Pakistani bride kills 17 in botched plot to poison husband.
Chatsworth guinea pig rescue hopes for adoptions as rodent population soars.
Woman Accuses Cosmetics Store Sephora of Giving Her Oral Herpes.
Science: The concept of schizophrenia is coming to an end – here's why. Thanks RedEye9.
Breastfeeding may reduce risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
A Machine Might Just Read Your Mind and Predict If You're Suicidal.
Media: Accept - Epic NPC Man - VLDL (time sensitive quests in skyrim and warcraft).
Trucker tries to cross a tiny bridge with a load of logs.
Floods: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO). Thanks RedEye9.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 13:27 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 19:16:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 14:12:
Trump Accuses Clinton of Deliberately Losing Election So He Could Be Impeached

Is that a headline from The Onion? Or has our current reality put them out of business?

Andy's column practically writes itself. For more of the best highbrow political humor this adminstration shits out on a daily basis just click the link in my sig.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 09:10 Verno

Is that a headline from The Onion? Or has our current reality put them out of business?

It's pretty low grade political humor on par with late night talk show hosts doing #hashtagjokegetit?!

Playing: Ni No Kuni 2, Persona 5, Vermintide 2
Watching: Annihilation, The Quiet Place, A Dark Song

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2017, 08:41 Beamer

1badmf wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 23:44:

political satire, not a real story. new yorker likes to htink they're a sophisticated Onion, but they're just not funny.

It's just Borowitz, and yes, Borowitz sucks.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 23:44 1badmf

political satire, not a real story. new yorker likes to htink they're a sophisticated Onion, but they're just not funny.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 23:37 Kxmode

No trick or treaters last night. That made me happy.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 19:49 Primalchrome

Awesome SuperGunnar pic!  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 19:21 jdreyer

Chatsworth guinea pig rescue hopes for adoptions as rodent population soars.

Time for a barbeque!
Chef

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 19:16 jdreyer

If Star Citizen was a child conceived in a night of passion, it would have started elementary school by now. -panbient

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 19:14 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 10:38:
Gunnar-man looks awesome, as usual.
Those boots in the background were pretty sweet too!

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 17:54 Hoop

That's a good photo of your dawg, his ears just look like he's grown his hair out. Well loved pets have that look "Yeah you better believe I call the shots around here"  

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 17:44 NKD

Bad (or sick!) woman!

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

11. Re: Sephora Nov 1, 2017, 17:16 The Half Elf

Nice Cowboy boots Blue

*snickers*

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

10. Re: Sephora Nov 1, 2017, 15:34 Tipsy McStagger

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 15:31:
And that is how you convince your boyfriend you're not cheating on him AND try to get a little something-something in the process.

Haha, I thought that too..

9. Re: Sephora Nov 1, 2017, 15:31 Agent.X7

And that is how you convince your boyfriend you're not cheating on him AND try to get a little something-something in the process.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 14:19 Acleacius

Gunnar-man looks great! Lighter

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 11:25:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 10:56:
Oh brother...

I was just listening to NPR, they were discussing recent sexual harassment issues/charges and specifically the latest ones concerning Kevin Spacey. And some clown said (paraphrased), "I think it is likely there will be serious lawsuits against Fox and Disney which could bring those corporations down."

Okay, I am not making any comment about any person's guilt or non-guilt in these cases. However, to think sexual harassment lawsuits will bring down multi-billion dollar corporations shows a serious disconnect from reality.
That sounds like a man on the street interview, didn't know NPR did those. Fox even renewed dipshits contract after he had already paid 23 32 million dollars to one of the women he sexually harassed. It's all about the money, no corporations will fall.
NPR had to add conservative reporters to continue to get taxpayer dollars (iirc, happened around 2010, moronic conservative congress voted to ban abortion about 200 times in 2 years (unless that was 2012 idiots) ), so you hear idiotic comments occasionally.

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 12:15 Beamer

Cutter wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 11:16:
This PC bullshit is completely out of hand. At this rate it'll be 1984 in no time where people are being tried and convicted for throught-crime. It's breeding such a system of absolute fear and anxiety that the slightest thing will have you labeled as some goose-stepping racist/bigot/sexual predator/absolute evil monster whom should be burned at the stake! This is the same sort of shit that starts inquisitions and witch burnings. It reminds me of one of the best TNG episodes, The Drumhead...

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: This is not unlike a... a drumhead trial.

Lieutenant Worf: I do not understand.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: 500 years ago, military officers would upend a drum on the battlefield. They'd sit at it and dispense summary justice. Decisions were quick, punishments severe; appeals denied. Those who came to a drumhead were doomed.

Lieutenant Worf: I believed her. I, I helped her. I did not see what she was.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Mister Worf, villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged.

Lieutenant Worf: I think... after yesterday, people will not be so ready to trust her.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Maybe. But she, or someone like her, will always be with us, waiting for the right climate in which to flourish, spreading fear in the name of righteousness. Vigilance, Mister Worf - that is the price we have to continually pay.

Wait... what PC bullshit? Being angry at a man for sexually abusing a 14 year old? Or are you tying it to the machine that can identify patterns of suicidal people, though I'm not sure how that ties to being politically correct...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Trucker with the logs Nov 1, 2017, 12:10 Creston

LIKE A BAWS!

He kinda cheats, though. He has an articulating rear axel / end / whatever, that I think he can even control manually? If it had been fixed wheel there's no way he could have crossed that.

But hey, hats off to him for making it look easy. I don't get why he first backed up though, as it didn't look as if he really made any positional adjustments.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 11:25 RedEye9

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 1, 2017, 10:56:
Oh brother...

I was just listening to NPR, they were discussing recent sexual harassment issues/charges and specifically the latest ones concerning Kevin Spacey. And some clown said (paraphrased), "I think it is likely there will be serious lawsuits against Fox and Disney which could bring those corporations down."

Okay, I am not making any comment about any person's guilt or non-guilt in these cases. However, to think sexual harassment lawsuits will bring down multi-billion dollar corporations shows a serious disconnect from reality.
That sounds like a man on the street interview, didn't know NPR did those. Fox even renewed dipshits contract after he had already paid 23 32 million dollars to one of the women he sexually harassed. It's all about the money, no corporations will fall.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2017, 11:16 Cutter

This PC bullshit is completely out of hand. At this rate it'll be 1984 in no time where people are being tried and convicted for throught-crime. It's breeding such a system of absolute fear and anxiety that the slightest thing will have you labeled as some goose-stepping racist/bigot/sexual predator/absolute evil monster whom should be burned at the stake! This is the same sort of shit that starts inquisitions and witch burnings. It reminds me of one of the best TNG episodes, The Drumhead...

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: This is not unlike a... a drumhead trial.

Lieutenant Worf: I do not understand.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: 500 years ago, military officers would upend a drum on the battlefield. They'd sit at it and dispense summary justice. Decisions were quick, punishments severe; appeals denied. Those who came to a drumhead were doomed.

Lieutenant Worf: I believed her. I, I helped her. I did not see what she was.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Mister Worf, villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged.

Lieutenant Worf: I think... after yesterday, people will not be so ready to trust her.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Maybe. But she, or someone like her, will always be with us, waiting for the right climate in which to flourish, spreading fear in the name of righteousness. Vigilance, Mister Worf - that is the price we have to continually pay.

"They call me a chauvinist pig. I am . . . and I don't give a damn!" - Steve McQueen

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo