Electronic Arts Reports Q2 FY18 Financial Results
. "It was a strong second
quarter for Electronic Arts, with players around the world captivated by our new
EA SPORTS titles, top-performing mobile games, and expanding esports
competitions," says Chief Executive Officer Andrew Wilson. "The digital
transformation is accelerating across our industry, and we are well-positioned
for continued growth with more stunning new titles, thriving event-driven live
services including competitive gaming, and continuing innovation for our players
on all platforms." Here are some points they highlight:
Operating Highlights and Metrics
- Digital net bookings* for the trailing twelve
months was $3.240 billion, up 26% year-over-year, and now represents 63% of
total net bookings for the same period.
- More than 50% of Madden NFL 18 players engaged in
the “Longshot” story mode through Q2 and Madden Ultimate Team™ players are
up 25% year-over-year.
- FIFA Mobile unique player base grew to more than
- The BattlefieldTM 1 community grew to more than
23.5 million players worldwide.
- Monthly active players for The SimsTM 4 on PC
increased more than 40% year-over-year.
* Net bookings, previously referred to as net sales, is defined as the net
amount of products and services sold digitally or sold-in physically in the
period. Net bookings is calculated by adding total net revenue to the change in
deferred net revenue for online-enabled games.
Selected Financial Highlights and Metrics
All financial measures are presented on a GAAP basis.
- Net cash provided by operating activities was $52
- Net cash provided by operating activities for the
trailing twelve months was $1.802 billion, a record measured at the end of
the second quarter.
- In Q2, EA repurchased 1.3 million shares for $153