Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December

Activision officially announces Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris, saying this is coming on December 5th to the Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One editions of the shooter sequel. A bit about this leaked last month and was confirmed at the time, but now we have that release date, an official reveal trailer, and the following details:

Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris, takes place after the conclusion of the Destiny 2 campaign where you are dispatched to Mercury on a quest to find Osiris, the most powerful Warlock to have ever lived, to discover the answers humanity needs to fight back against the Vex.

Curse of Osiris adds a new chapter to the world of Destiny 2, expanding the universe by adding an all-new cinematic story with new and returning characters, a new destination to explore, Mercury and its Infinite Forest, a new social space to visit called the Lighthouse, new missions, new strikes, new raid content, new free roam activities, a world quest to complete, and more.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Nov 1, 2017, 08:13 Illumin

What a scam sell game with minimal content sell Expansion.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 31, 2017, 14:18 Devinoch

There's also a Destiny phone app that lets you, among about a billion other things, look for parties, and it sees significant use. You can simply do party matchmaking there for Nightfalls, if you truly don't have 2 friends/clanmates playing the game.  
Cliff "Devinoch" Hicks
Host of the Starlight Society Podcast
http://tinyurl.com/starlightsociety/

19. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 31, 2017, 11:36 Vall Forran

One of the main complaints Bungie received from D1 was the lack of extra content. So, they're working with several other companies to have the "seasons" on track to release new content every 3-6 months for the next three years.

18. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 31, 2017, 05:11 Numinar

Slick wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 03:06:
Oooh, okay, I just discovered the "Guided Nightfall" which becomes available when you hot 240 light.

So it's a way to get "guided" by 2 other higher level players through the nightfall. And it costs one "Nightfall ticket" to do.

You can also queue to be the 2 people who guide other noobs through it, which costs no ticket, but you have to be in the same clan.

Ugh, all these arbitrary systems to force me into consuming content the way they want me to. Taking choice from the player is never a good idea. While kinda neat, I'd far prefer to just queue in a public matchmaking to do all this shit. I hate having to jump through all these hoops.

The guided games feature is in Beta. I don't like it either, but I have a moderately active clan. I've used it a few times when I've wanted to get a quick nightfall in and spent 20 minutes reading the internet while waiting. The Nightfall's have not really been hard enough to warrant it but it would definately suck to MM with two under leveled drunks/kids.

The fear is that difficult, time consuming content with lots of fail states is not conducive to solo queuing/matchmaking. They also don't allow it for Trials, the PvP end game.

Still, give us the tools to make and find friends in the game. Rate people on their completion rate or voice comms or whatever, do it in the game, allow you to meet up or invite people easily from public spaces.

The lack of MM in the campaign sucks as well. I'm with you there. But for the high level stuff I can see why they choose not to do it. I think the fear that everyone queuing up and getting shitty games/teams is valid though.

The best thing they could do is let you put a flag on your roster status (The thing with your name, level and selected banner) so that others that see you in their clan, friend or tower list and know that you are looking for a specific campaign, raid, MP or other gametype. The game is already great for quick joining people and messaging is easier on PC than console but joining, loading in, hoping they are on voice and up for whatever you're looking for is time confusing and could be solved with a little bit of extra UI work.

17. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 31, 2017, 03:06 Slick

Oooh, okay, I just discovered the "Guided Nightfall" which becomes available when you hot 240 light.

So it's a way to get "guided" by 2 other higher level players through the nightfall. And it costs one "Nightfall ticket" to do.

You can also queue to be the 2 people who guide other noobs through it, which costs no ticket, but you have to be in the same clan.

Ugh, all these arbitrary systems to force me into consuming content the way they want me to. Taking choice from the player is never a good idea. While kinda neat, I'd far prefer to just queue in a public matchmaking to do all this shit. I hate having to jump through all these hoops.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

16. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 31, 2017, 02:38 Slick

Numinar wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 02:35:
Slick wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 22:27:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 22:07:
In the beta I had randoms showing up in my game. I didn't even mess with the menu settings.

I guess you have to buy the super mega deluxe edition for $85 to get the complete game.

Yeah, I also had people showing up in my campaign missions in the Beta.

The only way I got it to happen in the retail version was to plead with some randoms to help me with my last few missions before the campaign ended. Was nice to find a couple carebears.

Also, I call it the "anti-social social game" (very edgy I know) because there's no "all" chat ANYWHERE in the game, even in the SOCIAL areas of the game. I literally have to invite randoms to my fireteam just to be able to chat with them, which is a pretty backwards way to go about it.

I also didn't even figure out how to interact with other players until day 3. You have to press G then F1. You know, the old "G+F1 combo that is so familliar to PC players... Rolleyes

You DO NOT WANT all chat. Evidence: the lobby/plane in PUBG.

Then they should give us matchmaking for all game modes, and not hide the MAJORITY of the content of the game behind forcing us to join with a full fireteam. This is a ridiculous trade-off

So far only PvP and basic strikes have matchmaking.

All campaign missions, sidequests, nightfall, and advanced nightfall is all hidden behind this stupid barrier.

(Regarding SW:Battlefront II) Frostshite is a horrible piece of shit engine that makes games look artificial as if you were playing on a movie set instead of the actual location. -CJ_Parker

15. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 31, 2017, 02:35 Numinar

Slick wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 22:27:
In the beta I had randoms showing up in my game. I didn't even mess with the menu settings.

I guess you have to buy the super mega deluxe edition for $85 to get the complete game.

The only way I got it to happen in the retail version was to plead with some randoms to help me with my last few missions before the campaign ended. Was nice to find a couple carebears.

Also, I call it the "anti-social social game" (very edgy I know) because there's no "all" chat ANYWHERE in the game, even in the SOCIAL areas of the game. I literally have to invite randoms to my fireteam just to be able to chat with them, which is a pretty backwards way to go about it.

I also didn't even figure out how to interact with other players until day 3. You have to press G then F1. You know, the old "G+F1 combo that is so familliar to PC players... Rolleyes

You DO NOT WANT all chat. Evidence: the lobby/plane in PUBG.

14. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 31, 2017, 02:04 Slick

So I just got the required 230 light level to do the "Nightfall" weekly hard strike, which I guess is a "heroic" strike. And guess what? there's no public player queue, you HAVE to join it with a full fireteam to have any hope of beating it. It's super hard, AND timed at 20 minutes. Fuuuuuuck.

I've been joining "normal" strikes for the last hour trying to find people who wanna do the nightfall with me, and so far I have zero people who've even chatted back in team chat. Jesus Christ.

13. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 30, 2017, 23:31 Slick

I did figure out how to change the blocking global whispers to "open" from "closed". Not that it's made a difference, still no contact from anyone I haven't initiated.

And I totally agree that it's entirely to get rid of toxicity, which I'll begrudgingly admit is working.

If they only made it so there was a setting to let me queue up for main campaign missions with other players, then it would be good enough for me. It works for strikes...

And the "heroic" strikes do exist, I'm not sure if they're called "heroic" but you have to be light level 230 just to have the playlist even unlocked.

And I also agree that the game up to this point feels way too easy. I feel like it didn't get any harder when there were 3 people in a fireteam doing a campaign mission, I figured they'd add more monsters to spawn, or at least spawn high level baddies. The only benefit seems to just be making it easier to blast through, which doesn't help the feeling of perma-grind for me. They just felt like a downhill skiing race where my co-op "friends" just barreled through the mission as fast as possible, rarely waiting for anyone who fell behind.

12. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 30, 2017, 23:05 Rhett

Yeah, the lack of social features in what you would think was a highly social game, is pretty baffling. Apparently due to removing toxicity. I can see that, but this seems like overkill. Can't even whisper a random person because by default it blocks whispers from strangers.

Still, on the flip side, it's nice to play in a 100% toxicity-free game for once in a long time (I don't enjoy the PVP though, not sure if that's different). Albeit at a cost...

Edit: Also, myself and a friend can't seem to get PlaysTV to record, though other people can... I don't suppose anyone's had this issue and resolved it by chance?

11. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 30, 2017, 22:27 Slick

10. Re: Destiny 2 – Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December Oct 30, 2017, 22:07 DangerDog

9. Re: in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 21:38 Rhett

Slick wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:18:
Oh and I'll say this:

I managed to play through almost the entire campaign without ever seeing another player enter a campaign mission with me, even though I had my fireteam set to "public".

I don't know if there's some magic thing to enable to actually get people entering my game, but GODDAMN was the campaign lonely doing it all solo.

That was the only redeeming feature of D1, was that I played through all the co-op shit with other people. Don't know if it was cause console had a larger player base, or they just fucked the PC over on purpose. But that's kinda bullshit.

There is no matchmaking for campaign missions, it's all instance-based for your own personal fireteam. Only open world stuff has other people in it.

And from what I saw on their news posts, they're working on adding more stuff to do, especially end-game, and gearing alternatives. Personally I think it's okay and not nearly as bad as it used to be. Perhaps too easy, even.

We need heroic strikes back though. I would also like to put my ghost into a blender.

Lastly, though yes, it does seem like this DLC was already baking.. we'll just have to see how much content it has. Plus it'll get more content while the game is still fresh. Also don't know what these are usually priced, but I'm really loving D2 personally. Nice to get a snappy shooter with a lot of fun mechanics that's also 100% co-op.

8. Re: in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 21:27 Slick

All that being said, if anyone wants to add me to do stuff, I'm Slick#1980

I like the casual PvP (on like a 12 game winning streak at the moment), and the strikes are fun. Wanting to raise my level enough just to do the advanced strikes for now (light 240 recommended), not really considering going all the way for a max level for raids, at least not right now.

From what I remember, in D1, one of the DLC expansions came with a mode that made it a lot easier to grind for top level loot, ionno if I'll get that, depends if this game still holds my interest when that comes around.

7. Re: in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 21:01 Prez

Having played Destiny 2 now for about 3 hours, I can say that so far I really enjoy it. I'm not much of a min-max type player, so end-games grind don't hold a lot of interest for me. As long as the campaign and extra adventures and quests keep me entertained for the long haul (as with the Borderlands series) I'll be happy.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 20:18 Slick

Oh and I'll say this:

I managed to play through almost the entire campaign without ever seeing another player enter a campaign mission with me, even though I had my fireteam set to "public".

I don't know if there's some magic thing to enable to actually get people entering my game, but GODDAMN was the campaign lonely doing it all solo.

That was the only redeeming feature of D1, was that I played through all the co-op shit with other people. Don't know if it was cause console had a larger player base, or they just fucked the PC over on purpose. But that's kinda bullshit.

5. Re: in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 20:16 Slick

The game itself isn't essentially shitty, Bungie make good shooters. There isn't alot else going on, but the shooting mechanics are fun. And the PvP I've been enjoying.

However the late-game grind is RIDICULOUS. I mean if you've seen videos the only real way to get to level 300 light level (in order to have a hope of doing the raid) is to literally make a second, or ever 3rd toon in the same class so that you can do the very few missions that are guaranteed to give you +5 light level drops. You have to run through the entire campaign... so dumb

And you're encourages to not even get rewards from the vendors that you do missions for until light level 270 or so, because this is your only chance to get better loot, and you essentially "waste" your oppertunity by claiming them too early.

Fucked it up already?That's okay, just make another identical toon and play through the WHOLE GAME again.

I never did the raid on the first game, only because finding 6 people on console was too much for me to organize. I doubt I'll do it on PC because the leveling is just retarded.

4. in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 19:31 JeffD

Show me one mmo out there that had an expansion less then 3 months since release? And this expansion didn't happen over night. or take 3 months, either.

Destiny 2 is shit, bungie is shit, and if you all like having your wallets raped then be my guest. Buy all teh expansions. Feed the problem.

3. Re: Hahhahahaha.... Oct 30, 2017, 19:08 Rhett

Guess we'll see, but D2 is really awesome. Needs more "hardcore" depth, but it's still an awesome game. I never got to play and of the D1 expansions, only vanilla, but I've heard good things.  

2. Hahhahahaha.... Oct 30, 2017, 18:53 Jagacademy

Oh my.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo