Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer

A new trailer from Call of Duty: WWII shows off the return of the Carentan multiplayer map that follows the series back to World War II. As the description notes, this will be available on day one, which is this Friday, but only for those who splurge for one of the pricier editions of the game:

Carentan, one of the most beloved Call of DutyŽ Multiplayer maps, makes its return in Call of DutyŽ: WWII. Fight through destroyed buildings and fortified streets of this war-torn French town in an all-out battle for a strategic German stronghold. Available Day 1 for Season Pass and Digital Deluxe Edition owners.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 14:15 Hoop

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 07:58:
I am not sure if you made this comment based on the video in this article but if you did while I was watching it I couldn't help but think that it was not raw gameplay footage but doctored in some way. It just doesn't look real. Something is being off and I can't put my finger on exactly what. Maybe the movement or the graphics a little too polished compared to the actual game (beta)
Anywho, I am glad to see some of you are excited for this game. I've been thinking of picking it up because I do enjoy some good old fashioned run and gun action every now and than without having to rely on your team mates or squad mates or whatever.
CoD is still the best for that type of gameplay imho.

No you are right I accept in the case of this trailer it has been fluffed up a little. I was kind of meaning games trying to achieve some sort of realism & how far things have come in general.
Those moments in game where with settings turned up to ultra & how things play out the uncanny valley is touched on.
As I said being an old gamer it never gets old, how far things have come just blow's me away.
I don't think it's something I will take for granted.

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 07:58 SpectralMeat

Hoop wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 04:29:
In the 90's we sat around & someone would always say look at that rendered cutscene or movie Intro to a game
"One day games will look like that in game" One day it will be close to being dopped in a movie & you are the actor. We thought it was twenty five years off but that became a thing with what Call of duty 4? and AAA games around 2008 onwards. Shit even Doom 2005 was nearly there. (Been revisiting Doom 05 with the BFG edition while working my way through Doom 16)
Those conversations are at the forefront of my mind when experiencing the raw rendering power of todays gpus, it totally blows me away, along with the sound advances.
I think back to those cutscenes & Intros we drooled over back in the day & they are simply terrible in comparison to the real time graphics & atmosphere that is now so common place in game.
I am not sure if you made this comment based on the video in this article but if you did while I was watching it I couldn't help but think that it was not raw gameplay footage but doctored in some way. It just doesn't look real. Something is being off and I can't put my finger on exactly what. Maybe the movement or the graphics a little too polished compared to the actual game (beta)
Anywho, I am glad to see some of you are excited for this game. I've been thinking of picking it up because I do enjoy some good old fashioned run and gun action every now and than without having to rely on your team mates or squad mates or whatever.
CoD is still the best for that type of gameplay imho.

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 04:29 Hoop

In the 90's we sat around & someone would always say look at that rendered cutscene or movie Intro to a game
"One day games will look like that in game" One day it will be close to being dopped in a movie & you are the actor. We thought it was twenty five years off but that became a thing with what Call of duty 4? and AAA games around 2008 onwards. Shit even Doom 2005 was nearly there. (Been revisiting Doom 05 with the BFG edition while working my way through Doom 16)
Those conversations are at the forefront of my mind when experiencing the raw rendering power of todays gpus, it totally blows me away, along with the sound advances.
I think back to those cutscenes & Intros we drooled over back in the day & they are simply terrible in comparison to the real time graphics & atmosphere that is now so common place in game.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 05:12.

Um .. Behind you...

6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 03:33 DangerDog

Buying this on PC? You better really like the single player and or have enough friends to do private matches, I think the only recent CoD that was active on PC was BlackOps II.

Maybe the next Battlefield game will go WWII, I doubt they'll do BF2143 now that they're saturated with Star Wars.

5. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 03:24 Hoop

bhcompy wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 03:04:
Considering all the random shit like flamethrowers, panzerfaust, air cover, etc, I wish this was on Frostbite so at least we'd get some destructible environments to go with all the carnage. It's really unfortunate that it's 2017 and Call of Duty has made no progress in 15 years on environment destruction.

As from the first trailer to this one the mg42 has the same sound effect as the American 50 cal machine gun & it annoys me. It's weird cause I'm usually not "that gun freak" guy. But shit how hard could it be when the carbine & most others seem pretty accurate, Brothers In Arms got the mg42 perfect.
But hey there will be some outstanding set pieces in there & I look forward to an updated return to storming the beach at Normandy, destructive environments or not.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 06:56.

Um .. Behind you...

4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 03:04 bhcompy

Considering all the random shit like flamethrowers, panzerfaust, air cover, etc, I wish this was on Frostbite so at least we'd get some destructible environments to go with all the carnage. It's really unfortunate that it's 2017 and Call of Duty has made no progress in 15 years on environment destruction.  

3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 01:13 Retired

I cant find an actual list of play modes and types. The last 4 have been all vanilla and no HC at release. Why are they so tight lipped on this game? Only info I can find is about War mode.....lot of money to shell out for vanilla TDM  

2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 00:04 Hoop

Fu*k it, preloaded today.
After being out of the loop & with the machine to do it I'm going to enjoy at least one AAA title on it's release, besides I'm a sucker for ww1 ww2.
Still working through Battlefield 1 campaign, have been a bit surprised by some of it's arcadey feel, but it does have some beautiful moments. Thats all you can possibly hope for are those moments that coalesce & make you go wtf.
I will say Doom 16 singleplayer has been the closest thing to perfection I have ever played, very near the end & just don't want it to end. May post a fanboy rant when finished on just how superb a thing it is.
Shout out also to Battlefield 4, about a third through & the production values are just so polished. They shunt you through & your team mates are'nt all that effective but shit it's like being thrown into a viseral movie.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 00:57.

Um .. Behind you...

1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 30, 2017, 23:01 Retired

Dividing the community on day 1.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo