Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 5 Co-op Trailer

UbiBlog offers a new trailer showing off cooperative multiplayer action from Far Cry 5. This comes with an explanation of what they are calling expanded co-op:

Once you’ve finished the tutorial and are ready to wreak havoc against the enemies of Hope County, you can call in a friend at any time to give you a hand. This Friend for Hire will appear as their custom player character, and can fight alongside you throughout your adventure, seamlessly dropping in and out as needed with full voice-chat communication. As you battle alongside each other, you and your buddy will be able to help each other by sharing ammo and health packs – and if you’re ready to really test your friendship, there’s even an option to turn on friendly fire.

If you invite a friend to join your game, you’ll still discover the world at your own pace. Only the hosting player will be able to accept missions, recruit and command Guns for Hire, and keep the progress you make in the world. Your friend, meanwhile, will get to keep all their progression as a player, retaining any cash, guns, perks, or loot they earn (with the exception of items unlocked by missions) while fighting alongside you. The game will also keep you together to make sure you watch each other’s backs, by taking account of each player’s position and teleporting one closer to the other if someone has wandered too far away. Additionally, co-op is restricted to players from your friends list, with no random matchmaking, and you can turn off the feature entirely if you’d rather stay solo.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Nov 1, 2017, 04:25 Numinar

Ripperjack wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 19:31:
NicklePop wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 17:52:
Killing Republicans, the game.

Now with coop!

Hillary would be So proud!

Don't worry, I'm sure Far Cry 6 through 10 will be back to helping you fulfill your dreams of murdering brown people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 31, 2017, 12:49 Nullity

Now with coop!
Insta-buy!

13. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 31, 2017, 01:27 Osc8r

Didn't buy 4 because the co-op was extremely limited at best, so looking forward to this one.  

12. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 21:40 Rhett

Yeah, assuming it's exactly like previous FC co-ops, you keep everything (levels and skill points, guns, loot, money, etc) EXCEPT quest progress, for some reason. Kinda dissuades playing without the other player. :/  

11. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 21:21 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:37:

Now with coop!

She tweeted her support of the game six months ago, something about having lots of free time. They tweeted back that they'd give her a complimentary copy.
It was perfect before they added coop, this just makes it moar perfect.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

10. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 21:07 ItBurn

Orogogus wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 21:05:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:45:
I think you might have clicked on a wrong link or something. The video and video descriptions are clear: "Play the entire campaign in co-op with a Friend".

I think they mean, assuming you don't finish the whole game in co-op, if you're not the host then after you go back to your own game, you have to do the same missions over again. The blurb seems to back this up: "Only the hosting player will be able to... keep the progress you make in the world"

Ah, poop. I guess I'm the one who didn't read properly. At least it seems like the other player keeps his character progress.

9. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 21:05 Orogogus

ItBurn wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 20:45:
I think you might have clicked on a wrong link or something. The video and video descriptions are clear: "Play the entire campaign in co-op with a Friend".

I think they mean, assuming you don't finish the whole game in co-op, if you're not the host then after you go back to your own game, you have to do the same missions over again. The blurb seems to back this up: "Only the hosting player will be able to... keep the progress you make in the world"

8. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 20:45 ItBurn

Rhett wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 19:07:
Looks like this one yet again does not share quest progress for the joining player.. That was one of the more irritating things about co-op in the last two.

7. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 20:37 jdreyer

Now with coop!

She tweeted her support of the game six months ago, something about having lots of free time. They tweeted back that they'd give her a complimentary copy.

Stay a while, and listen.

6. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 19:33 Beamer

Rhett wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 19:07:
Looks like this one yet again does not share quest progress for the joining player.. That was one of the more irritating things about co-op in the last two.

That sounds familiar. I've never done these games in co-op, but that's an issue that's hurt co-op for me in other games. Nothing sucks more than doing something challenging and feeling accomplished, then realizing you need to do it again on your own game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 19:31 Ripperjack

Now with coop!

4. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 19:14 MajorD

The Co-Op portion looks like it has good potential, but the best Co-Op ever developed, was by Techland with Dying Light where the same SP campaign could be played with up to 4 players. I have yet to see another Developer/Game achieve that same level.

Still counting...

3. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 19:07 Rhett

2. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 17:55 Cutter

Why the hell would the use a Turtles cover when the game is about white trash rednecks? They should have gone with Dueling Banjos and Trump-ettes, Cletus and Jim Bob wanting to make some purdy cityboys squeal like a pig!

You've got to be cruel to be kind...in the right measure.

1. Re: Far Cry 5 Co-op trailer Oct 30, 2017, 17:52 NicklePop

Now with coop!

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo