Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs

The GeForce website announces the release of new GeForce Game Ready 388.13 WHQL drivers. They say these are optimized for Call of Duty: WWII, Need For Speed Payback, and Nioh: Complete Edition. They add that these are also "recommended" for playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus on GTX graphics cards. They repeat the previously released requirements for Need for Speed Payback, and they also offer the following updated system specifications for Call of Duty: WWII:

Following the PC Open Beta, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software have made numerous changes to further improve the PC experience, and have updated their PC system requirements:

Call of Duty: WWII PC Recommended Spec

• CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD Ryzen R5 1600X, or equivalent
  • RAM: 12 GB RAM
  • HDD: 90 GB HD space
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, or equivalent
  • DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card, or equivalent
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

On the other end of the scale, here are their minimum spec recommendations:

Call of Duty: WWII PC Minimum Spec

• CPU: Intel Core i3 3225, AMD Ryzen R5 1400, or equivalent
  • RAM: 8 GB RAM
  • HDD: 90 GB HD space
  • Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB or GeForce GTX 1050, or equivalent
  • DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card, or equivalent
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 15:48 Jagacademy

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 15:15:
With Destiny, PUBG, Battlefront2 and many others I can't think of right now, I doubt this will be super popular on the PC.

I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny 2 and Battlefront 2 have massive drops in playerbase in just a couple months as well.

PUBG is another Counter-Strike, could still be going strong 10 years from now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 15:15 SpectralMeat

With Destiny, PUBG, Battlefront2 and many others I can't think of right now, I doubt this will be super popular on the PC.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

7. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 14:50 Jagacademy

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:35:
The newer ones have pretty much zero popularity online.
The other night I've tried to get into a game with Advanced Warfare and couldn't find any games online

Unfortunately the problem isn't conducive to just CoD games, there are numerous games 1-2 years old that have literally zero people playing, some of them being great games too. One of the funnest games I've played in a long time is The Culling, which has a playerbase of zero already, and it just came out last year.

I'd love to get some Duke Nukem 3D deathmatch going, best multiplayer shooter of all time.

6. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 14:33 OldDirtyEwok

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:47:
I wonder how popular this game will be on the PC.
I don't mind buying a CoD game every couple of years, but judging from the previous few releases, they're a ghost town online. Can't even find any MP games in Team Deathmatch.
I'd hate to invest money into a game like that and than not being able to find any games online after the first few months.

On PC it's a crapshoot, Black Ops 3 did well, Infinite warfare did terrible.

5. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 13:41 aka_STEVE

I literally just put new drivers in last night for Ass Creed....*sigh* ...and now a new set.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2017, 16:25.

4. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 13:35 SpectralMeat

Jagacademy wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:25:
I don't think it's tough to find games however. I loaded up World at War a couple months ago, which came out nine years ago, and was still finding matches.
Yeah that game is different because of mods I guess.
The newer ones have pretty much zero popularity online.
The other night I've tried to get into a game with Advanced Warfare and couldn't find any games online

3. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 13:25 Jagacademy

SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:47:
I don't mind buying a CoD game every couple of years, but judging from the previous few releases, they're a ghost town online. Can't even find any MP games in Team Deathmatch.
I'd hate to invest money into a game like that and than not being able to find any games online after the first few months.

Ditto, I buy maybe every third CoD. After skipping the last couple, because I'm not a fan of running on wall gameplay, this one is attracting me due to being more traditional. I played the beta, and unlike some vocal critics, I actually enjoyed it. (they desperately need to ban hackers however, it was getting out of hand immediately)

I don't think it's tough to find games however. I loaded up World at War a couple months ago, which came out nine years ago, and was still finding matches. Most of the people still playing the older CoD titles are the diehards who have put 1000's of hours into them though, so your competition is really tough.

Alamar wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 12:12:
Nioh'ce... Didn't realize the PC edition was this close... Too busy with Destiny 2 to grab it, and wasn't willing to pay launch price on PS4, so hopefully in half a year it's at a good point ; )

It seems like CoD games are really bad about going on sale, aren't they? Usually you can wait 3-6 months for a good sale on most new releases, but seems to take closer to 2 years for a CoD. I might pick this one up at full retail based on reviews, will wait and see.

2. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 12:12 Alamar

Nioh'ce... Didn't realize the PC edition was this close... Too busy with Destiny 2 to grab it, and wasn't willing to pay launch price on PS4, so hopefully in half a year it's at a good point ; )  

1. Re: New GeForce Drivers & CoD: WWII Specs Oct 30, 2017, 11:47 SpectralMeat

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo