Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II

Criterion Games tweets that Star Wars: Battlefront II is gold, meaning development is complete on the action game sequel. This puts it on track for its previously announced release date of November 17th. Word is: "#StarWarsBattlefront2 has gone gold! Well done to the @EA_DICE, and Motive teams! We've had a blast making this awesome game with you." Thanks VideoGamer.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 14:57 Slick

We'll see how good the SP campaign is. It was Criterion yes, but also EA Motive which I think was the remains of Bioware Montreal that did the not amazing Mass Effect: Andromeda I believe.

Also, whatever the loot box shit is, I highly doubt it'll be worse than the perma-grind in Destiny 2. So much wrong with that game, and the whole structure of it is entirely built around perma grinding.

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 13:38 DukeFNukem

"Gone Gold"?? Oh you mean "Open Beta Testing Begins!!!" Sweet!!!!

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't hurt you...

8. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 13:19 DangerDog

It's not short, it's Cinematic!

Remember when single player Star Wars games were something amazing, I member.

This is just training wheels simulator for the multiplayer, MP maps stitched together with some cut scenes and on-rails shooting gallery sections.

One thing I always enjoyed about the "classic" Star Wars games was the extreme sensation of vertigo they had, even with the now primitive graphics they were able to convey dizzying height. I doubt they brought that forward, people would expect crazy parkour movement system like Mirror's Edge.

7. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 13:15 SpectralMeat

If the single player is really that short I'll just finish it with the 10hr trial I get with EA Access  

Steam: SpectralMeat

6. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 13:11 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:06:
I am going to buy it for the short single-player campaign once it goes down to $10 or less.

+1
Allthumbsup

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 12:37 Creston

ExGemini wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 12:17:
I guess the time factor will be determined by how "well" the lootboxes scam in game will earn?

True. If not enough people gamble, they would have to increase the player base.

Come on, EA, make it ten bucks! You know you want to!

4. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 12:17 ExGemini

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:39:
Yeah, once I read 5-7 hours, I was like "Oh." 5-7 hours in dev speak is typically about 4-5 hours in reality, and then likely at least an hour of that is cutscenes.

10 bucks seems about right, but I think it'll take a while before it gets there, since they're doing all the content packs for free, as opposed to SWBF1 where they were paid (and almost pure profit), so they had incentive to lower the price asap to get more potential content pack customers.

I guess the time factor will be determined by how "well" the lootboxes scam in game will earn?

3. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 12:16 ExGemini

El Pit wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:06:
I am going to buy it for the short single-player campaign once it goes down to $10 or less.

Big Spender!
9.99$ or nothing!

2. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 11:39 Creston

Yeah, once I read 5-7 hours, I was like "Oh." 5-7 hours in dev speak is typically about 4-5 hours in reality, and then likely at least an hour of that is cutscenes.

10 bucks seems about right, but I think it'll take a while before it gets there, since they're doing all the content packs for free, as opposed to SWBF1 where they were paid (and almost pure profit), so they had incentive to lower the price asap to get more potential content pack customers.

1. Re: Gone Gold - Star Wars: Battlefront II Oct 30, 2017, 11:06 El Pit

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo