Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2017, 14:04 NewMaxx

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 12:40:
Surely you are not claiming rumor as vindication.

There's definitely something janky with the CPU benchmarks I've seen (as I posted in the other thread). I honestly didn't think it was DRM-related and in my own testing (and postings) I have never found Denuvo to have much of an impact on performance (I believe the highest I've tested is ~5% - there are some games where Denuvo has been removed and you can verify this). Denuvo is kind of irrelevant now, anyway, again as I posted months ago, once they lost their license (VMProtect!) their protection was pretty much shit. So if Ubisoft did indeed layer their DRM (poorly/incorrectly) it would explain a lot. Also, Revolt, or RVT, is pretty well-known and accessible (they make tons of Steam cracks and have a presence at cs) so it's not the same as random-internet-user-says.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2017, 13:38 RedEye9

NetHead wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 12:52:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:39:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:29:
Rhett wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 10:52:
That is hilarious if true (Denuvo). Denuvo's gonna put itself out of business...

What's the over/under on when it gets cracked? The last few Denuvo protected games have taken a day or so, but no crack so far.

Denuvo is still running even after it's cracked so cpu usage would not change.

Seen this nonsense in so many places. One would think even common sense would be enough to come to a reasonable conclusion, so much for that.

Please provide just one single instance (with multiple benchmarks at varying resolutions etc...) where a game improved or cpu usage significantly changed, after it was cracked and before a developer removed Denuvo. I'm sure we would all be interested in them.
It should be easy for you since you have seen "so many places".

Democracy Is Not a Spectator Sport
If You’re Not Scared About Fascism in the U.S., You Should Be
Vote like your rights depend on it

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2017, 12:52 NetHead

That is hilarious if true (Denuvo). Denuvo's gonna put itself out of business...

What's the over/under on when it gets cracked? The last few Denuvo protected games have taken a day or so, but no crack so far.

Seen this nonsense in so many places. One would think even common sense would be enough to come to a reasonable conclusion, so much for that.

It would depend entirely, and obviously, on how the DRM is being circumvented.

Some will fool it (meaning it is till present, active and running). Some will bypass it (meaning it's present but never executed, never active, never does anything, may as well be commented out code as it's jumped/skipped over, it is not running on the system and obviously nor does it require any of the DRM services to be present/running etc). Some will outright remove it.

The performance difference would depend on the circumvention method and performance impact of the DRM to being with.

Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 15:56:
It's VMProtect + Denuvo so no one knows, going to require more time than usual I suspect.

Denuvo used to include VMProtect, essentially nothing new here.

14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2017, 12:40 RedEye9

NewMaxx wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 03:01:
Fits into my expectations (check my replies on here for previous ACO news), I'm glad to be vindicated. There was definitely something wrong.
Surely you are not claiming rumor as vindication.

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 31, 2017, 03:01 NewMaxx

Fits into my expectations (check my replies on here for previous ACO news), I'm glad to be vindicated. There was definitely something wrong.  

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 20:29 Mordecai Walfish

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 14:17:

Right, but often studios will release a Denuvo free version after it has been cracked.

UBIsoft hasnt done this with any of their previous denuvo-protected titles, AFAIK

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 15:56 Verno

It's VMProtect + Denuvo so no one knows, going to require more time than usual I suspect.

Playing: Renovate My Kitchen
Watching: MI Fallout, Deadpool 2, House

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 14:31 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 14:17:

Right, but often studios will release a Denuvo free version after it has been cracked.
Someone surely has done some before and after comparisons of cpu usage. Anyone got any links.

And no, I'm not looking for the one Rime allegedly runs faster after Denuvo DRM stripped out.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 14:17 jdreyer

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 13:39 RedEye9

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 13:30 jdreyer

Acleacius wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:12:
Is that good?
Depends on how you feel about, Anal Probing AIs? There's a couple of training simulators in The Stick of Truth! Giggle

Heh, yeah actually this is really good to serve as a pre-screen in determining what gets biopsied.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 13:29 jdreyer

5. Re: Lol, Intel Oct 30, 2017, 13:28 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:41:
What's wrong, fellas? Pressure from AMD getting to you? For ten+ years you didn't really do jack shit, and now it's RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE IMPROVE PROCESS RELEASE RELEASE.

Competition is a good thing. I'm still getting a Ryzen for my next build.

I'm sorely tempted to get AMD as well, but we'll see.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 12:07 RedEye9

Acleacius wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 11:12:
Is that good?
Depends on how you feel about, Anal Probing AIs? There's a couple of training simulators in The Stick of Truth! Giggle
one in ten don't mind

3. Lol, Intel Oct 30, 2017, 11:41 Creston

What's wrong, fellas? Pressure from AMD getting to you? For ten+ years you didn't really do jack shit, and now it's RELEASE RELEASE RELEASE IMPROVE PROCESS RELEASE RELEASE.

Competition is a good thing. I'm still getting a Ryzen for my next build.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 11:12 Acleacius

Is that good?

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2017, 10:52 Rhett

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo