Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix

A GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 388.10 was released from NVIDIA alongside Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, addressing issues with the first-person shooter (sorry for missing it at the time, thanks Thinus for the heads-up). Word is this is to tide everyone over until they release new official drivers early this week:

NVIDIA is working on a Game Ready driver for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus to provide the best possible gaming experience and we intend to post the driver early next week. In the interim, we're making a hotfix driver available which has a key stability fix for certain Kepler-based GPUs.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2017, 14:34 PHJF

Except Destiny 2 was just patched a week after release to allow support for non-SSE3 processors...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2017, 12:18 RedEye9

Overon wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 22:37:
Which cards are keppler cards? I don't like how they expect you to know what codename your graphics chipset is. Just fucking say the god damn model names that this hotfix is intended for. Why is that so fucking hard?
The 600 series, https://www.geforce.com/landing-page/graphics-cards-with-kepler-architecture
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kepler_(microarchitecture)

Nullity's Law
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 30, 2017, 09:03 Verno

Surprisingly those are only 4 years old but even a 780GTX is getting long in the tooth now. Damn the PC upgrade cycle is vicious.  
Playing: Pillars of Eternity 2, Far Cry 5, Persona 5
Watching: Safe, Game Night, Last Flag Flying

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2017, 23:53 necrosis

Jerykk wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 22:48:
Which cards are keppler cards? I don't like how they expect you to know what codename your graphics chipset is. Just fucking say the god damn model names that this hotfix is intended for. Why is that so fucking hard?

Kepler is the 700 series.
Not sure why hey are even bothering to support hardware that old.

Hell Destiny 2 said eff you to CPU's that dont have SSE3. Damn your chip has to be old to not have that.

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2017, 22:48 Jerykk

Kepler is the 700 series.

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2017, 22:37 Overon

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 29, 2017, 21:42 Tom

These sorts of problems are to be expected with games targeting DX12/Vulkan. The low-level work that used to get done at the device driver level is now the responsibility of game developers. This will result in many more complex problems that only show up on particular generations of GPUs, not just one vendor vs. the other.

Basically, if you're playing a new game that targets DX12/Vulkan and your hardware is somewhat old or unusual, you're at even more risk than usual for having problems.

Get ready to see a lot more of these sorts of problems in the future!

5. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix Oct 29, 2017, 21:33 MoreLuckThanSkill

Interesting, I'll try these drivers out eventually, I guess. So far after about 10 hours of play, I've noticed one graphical glitch, inside the main base, one one wall that NPCs painted over. Instead of displaying the paint correctly, the bend in the wall has a broken-mesh black bar. Of course a lot of the maps are pretty dark, and I'm usually running around shooting, so maybe there have been other graphical errors.

4. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix Oct 29, 2017, 19:11 necrosis

No issues here because i dont build my computer out of used pinball machine parts.  

3. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix Oct 29, 2017, 19:01 SirKnight

I haven't updated my driver in quite a while. I have 382.05 with a 1080 Ti. So far no graphical issues with Wolf 2. It runs and looks amazing.

But since this hotfix driver is mainly for Kepler, I'll hold off until the GR driver is out.

2. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix Oct 29, 2017, 16:42 Aero

I was having issues with fullscreen mode not displaying the entire frame and borderless windowed mode looking brokenly upscaled until I enabled the 'override high dpi scaling' compatibility option in the executable properties. I wasn't even aware that setting existed until I read the suggestion in some forum post. Apparently it's now a fairly common issue with games on Windows 10 since one of the updates.  

1. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus GeForce Hotfix Oct 29, 2017, 16:23 Wallshadows

Strange. Usually this is AMDs strong point.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo