Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New AMD Drivers

AMD Support now offers new version 17.10.3 Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Windows drivers for AMD graphics cards (thanks Bill). These are not WHQL certified, and the release notes seem to indicate this is a hotfix for two new game releases:

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.3 Highlights

Fixed Issues

• Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus may experience a crash or application hang on game launch with Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • Destiny 2™ may experience a game crash or application hang during single player mission six on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: New AMD Drivers Oct 29, 2017, 19:43 headkase

KilrathiAce wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 19:03:
headkase wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:31:
KilrathiAce wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 05:36:
Latest drivers broke certain things on fury x, such as if you minimize and maximize games ran in fullscreen dedicated mode(not windowed) there is input pause that will occur every time min or max the game. This issue did not occur in previous drivers. GG AMD. I know you dont care about ur previous products, but considering vega is utter trash considering the price, this is end of the line for a customer such as me who had used ur gpus for almost 10 years now.

Poop happens. Don't think that nVidia is automatically better than AMD. Over the years they've had their issues crop up here and there too. Like yourself I've been AMD for over a decade now. When it does come time for my next GPU however nVidia will get serious consideration. Not related to team aspects though, related to price vs. performance. nVidia cards offer more performance, run cooler, and use less power than AMD cards do generally. I'm completely price-conscious however, that has to be right for my next GPU choice.

No, both nvidia and amd had issues with drivers, however currently amd failed with vega, i mean look at the prices and its performance...
I hear you. Price is the only thing that's kept me on AMD so far, next GPU could very well be an nVidia one for all the above reasons.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 06:11.

We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: New AMD Drivers Oct 29, 2017, 19:03 KilrathiAce

headkase wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:31:
Latest drivers broke certain things on fury x, such as if you minimize and maximize games ran in fullscreen dedicated mode(not windowed) there is input pause that will occur every time min or max the game. This issue did not occur in previous drivers. GG AMD. I know you dont care about ur previous products, but considering vega is utter trash considering the price, this is end of the line for a customer such as me who had used ur gpus for almost 10 years now.

Poop happens. Don't think that nVidia is automatically better than AMD. Over the years they've had their issues crop up here and there too. Like yourself I've been AMD for over a decade now. When it does come time for my next GPU however nVidia will get serious consideration. Not related to team aspects though, related to price vs. performance. nVidia cards offer more performance, run cooler, and use less power than AMD cards do generally. I'm completely price-conscious however, that has to be right for my next GPU choice.

No, both nvidia and amd had issues with drivers, however currently amd failed with vega, i mean look at the prices and its performance...

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

5. Re: New AMD Drivers Oct 29, 2017, 18:31 headkase

4. Re: New AMD Drivers Oct 29, 2017, 05:36 KilrathiAce

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

3. Re: New AMD Drivers Oct 28, 2017, 21:21 headkase

Fantaz wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:09:
AMD sux!! (but i'm bias cuz i work for nvidia :))

I stopped cheering for a team long ago, now I just go with what's good enough. My AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB may not have the best specifications but for all the games I play it plays them fine. And I didn't have to mortgage the house to pay for a top-tier card. That's silly and just fanboi-ism.

2. Re: New AMD Drivers Oct 28, 2017, 20:09 Fantaz

AMD sux!! (but i'm bias cuz i work for nvidia :))  

1. Re: New AMD Drivers Oct 28, 2017, 19:14 necrosis

Love the Wolfenstein fix considering the game is one of the few that is "Made for AMD".

Stay classy.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo