Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled

Steam Community announcement announces the launch of The Bard's Tale "Remastered & Resnarkled," an update to The Bard's Take, the classic RPG. They are celebrating the 15th anniversary of the game's release with some new polish, though the comments following the announcement quickly point out that calling this "remastered is a bit of a stretch, as it does not actually update the game's graphics (thanks Acleacius). Here are the details on what this does include:

Hi everyone, as part of our 15th Anniversary Celebration, we're updating The Bard's Tale with a new Remastered and Resnarkled Edition. This will be the new standard edition of the game. For those of you who already own The Bard's Tale, no worries! Your version will be updated automatically for free!

The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled features the following updates:

• Updated splash screen and app icon.
  • Runs at highest desktop resolution by default without bringing up the Graphics settings app.
  • Graphics settings app updated to no longer incorporate legacy language settings. Instead, the Steam specified language is used which is the preferred method.
  • Full Steam overlay support (Shift + Tab).
  • Steam achievements & trading cards.
  • Additional language support for Italian.
  • 64 bit OSs no longer crash at startup.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 23:03 Jerykk

Good to see older games receiving updates for modern compatibility. Wish more devs/publishers would do that.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 11:10 Acleacius

They turned the Snarky up to 11! Beer  
Its a sad day for America when people believe women, The Drumpf

11. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 09:35 Retired

THanks walt, I sent in a request through the portal some time ago but never heard back. Ill do a 2nd request. I fell through the cracks on other KS but had a quick response.  

10. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 03:19 saluk

yonder wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 23:47:
"They are celebrating the 15th anniversary of the game's release" (the game referred to as "the classic RPG")

Ugh... I always love when they make sequels with the same name. Can't wait for 2028 and the 15th anniversary of Tomb Raider, with the cherry on top being stupid kids talking about it as "the original."

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Yeah, it's been 32 years, still waiting for steam trading cards for the original game.

9. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 01:22 WaltC

Retired wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:21:
Anyone here to the Kickstarter for Bards Tale IV? Never got my key and never got the key for Torment....

I also was a BT IV kickstarter--I got BTIV, Torment, and Wasteland II...;) Not too shabby for the $75 donation for that package (The "Tormented, Irradiated Bard" package, I think!)...! BT 4 has yet to ship--it'll ship next year. Torment and WL 2 have both shipped--a while ago--and the keys for them have been given out. Hopefully you have kept up with the inXile Backer Portal!

The BT IV backer Portal is *still under construction*--so check back regularly as the rewards function will be back up anytime now! Also, check with the inXile forums for more info on keeping up with your rewards. The keys are not snail-mailed or emailed--you get them *only* from the BT 4 backer portal on-line! (Send them an email via the backer portal sites if you haven't gotten your s yet--from what you say it sounds as if you waited far too long to grab whatever key you are entitled to--but you can either wait until the BP goes back up or you can email them about it now.

I assume from what you've said that you at least are entitled to Torment--recommend you get the GOG package, if you also want a personal, installable game copy, too (as Steam doesn't provide them for some reason--never has. That's fairly important to me, actually--not to mention Steam still throws in the occasional *DRM*, too, when developers ask for it. That's two strikes against Steam, imo! Only reason I'm still on Steam at all is because there are *a few* games that don't immediately ship on GOG but ship on Steam. Your DRM developers who do that, to be precise, but it's changing!) *Didn't mean to ramble!* Gawd...;)

Of course, what software you get from your KS contribution depends entirely on what package you elected to finance before the the KS ended! WL 2 and Torment are very nice--definite classics for any collection!

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

8. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 00:14 Slashman

Hmmm...been following the BT4 dev updates and it looks great.

I think my only gripe is why they just don't properly animate the player's party instead of using static 2d drawings when the enemies all look great moving around and doing their attacks and spells.

7. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 23:47 yonder

"They are celebrating the 15th anniversary of the game's release" (the game referred to as "the classic RPG")

Ugh... I always love when they make sequels with the same name. Can't wait for 2028 and the 15th anniversary of Tomb Raider, with the cherry on top being stupid kids talking about it as "the original."

GET OFF MY LAWN!

6. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 22:26 Asmodai

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 21:33:
Retired wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:54:
I should have quit reading at "I didn't bake BT4".

Yep. You got that right. I only bake yummy cookies but no BT4! No puking on the floor either. Them cookies are delicious!

Also for someone who "knows how it works" it is quite an impressive feat to still be without a Torment key more than 8 months after the game came out... or actually more than a year after it went to early access (and IIRC every backer except physical tiers received keys when the game went to early access).

Not bad. That's what I call a slacker backer extraordinaire.

I don't usually agree with CJ on much of anything, but he's seriously got you dead to fucking rights on this one... If you "know how it works" then surely you should be able to go chase the key you plunked cash for...

5. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 21:33 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 20:54:

Yep. You got that right. I only bake yummy cookies but no BT4! No puking on the floor either. Them cookies are delicious!

Also for someone who "knows how it works" it is quite an impressive feat to still be without a Torment key more than 8 months after the game came out... or actually more than a year after it went to early access (and IIRC every backer except physical tiers received keys when the game went to early access).

Not bad. That's what I call a slacker backer extraordinaire.

4. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 20:54 Retired

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:49:
I didn't back BT4 but... dude? It's not even out yet. It has been delayed to 2018.

As for ToN, well, top of the mornin' to you, Sir. How about contacting their support? The game came out at the end of February.

From your issues it sounds like you have some major misconception about how KS works. You do realize you have to link your KS and your inXile backer portal accounts, right? You have to sign up at the inXile website and then follow the steps to tell them your KS e-mail address.

Alternatively, check your spam mail. They usually send out like half a dozen reminders for lazy backers who still haven't linked their shit together. You know, it makes sense to read those KS backer mails every once in a while. Why back if you don't give a shit anyway?

P.S.: Just checked. BT4 doesn't have a backer portal yet. This is why I'm no longer backing inXile... incredible how slow and lame they are. The only thing they are really good and fast at is collecting money for projects that are YEARS out. As a Torment backer head here.

I know how it works - there have been versions that are playable, but I wouldn't expect you to understand anything more than puke on the floor.

3. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 16:49 CJ_Parker

I didn't back BT4 but... dude? It's not even out yet. It has been delayed to 2018.

As for ToN, well, top of the mornin' to you, Sir. How about contacting their support? The game came out at the end of February.

From your issues it sounds like you have some major misconception about how KS works. You do realize you have to link your KS and your inXile backer portal accounts, right? You have to sign up at the inXile website and then follow the steps to tell them your KS e-mail address.

Alternatively, check your spam mail. They usually send out like half a dozen reminders for lazy backers who still haven't linked their shit together. You know, it makes sense to read those KS backer mails every once in a while. Why back if you don't give a shit anyway?

P.S.: Just checked. BT4 doesn't have a backer portal yet. This is why I'm no longer backing inXile... incredible how slow and lame they are. The only thing they are really good and fast at is collecting money for projects that are YEARS out. As a Torment backer head here.

2. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 16:21 Retired

Anyone here to the Kickstarter for Bards Tale IV? Never got my key and never got the key for Torment....  

1. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 14:00 Darks

This had better be an update for our current version of the game and not some sham to try and make us pay for this.

Edit: So, I just checked, this does update the current engine.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo