Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Natural Selection 2 Celebrates Five Years with Patch, Skins, and Sale

A new post on the Unknown Worlds website notes the anniversary of Natural Selection 2, saying it's now five years since the release of this action/strategy sequel. Unknown Worlds is celebrating the occasion with a sale covering the game as well as the new Nocturne and Forge skin packs. This is all accompanied by the release of a version 319 "anniversary update," which marks the end of 32-bit support for the game, which they say is freeing them up to make "more advanced updates to the game and content within the game moving forward." Here's more on the anniversary and the game update:

Happy 5th Anniversary to NS2! Five years agoÖ Wow saying that makes me sit back in my chair a moment. Itís crazy to think that much time has passed, it seems like only yesterday we launched. So much happened to make the game become a reality even before release on Steam and even more has happened since.

We wanted to do something special for the Anniversary patch beyond just celebrating and we think we have done just that for Update 319. To say this update includes a lot of under the hood work would be an understatement. In fact, Update 319 includes changes to over 80,000 lines of code. Ghoul has been working for some time on making as much of the game code able to use LuaJIT as possible. Taking advantage of this function allows for the code to run faster and create a smoother experience for the user. These changes will not necessarily add additional FPS, what it does do is help diminish the disparity between what your FPS shows and how it feels.

View
2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Celebrates Five Years with Patch, Skins, and Sale Oct 28, 2017, 13:34 Armengar

dead toxic game. even as a returning player (long time NS1 and beta NS2 player before quitting after a few years due to performance issues) i thought id gove it a go again. wish i hadnt, most servers are dead and the ones that arent are pretty hostile. i managed to get banned from a chair because i wasnt a regular (we werent losing, i used to be a good commander) aand the alien teams were pretty naff.

combat mod imploded a long time ago as the makers went all granduer with standalone ideas (thinking they could get away with using ns2 unlicensed somehow). most of the main community hated combat players and the devs didnt like them much either.

I loved NS1 and soooo wanted NS2 to work but unfortunately too little too late.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 28, 12:24 Re: Natural Selection 2 Celebrates Five Years with Patch, Skins, and Sale jacobvandy
>> 2. Oct 28, 13:34  Re: Natural Selection 2 Celebrates Five Years with Patch, Skins, and Sale Armengar

footer

Blue's News logo