Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed Origins Released

Steam News announces the release of Assassin's Creed Origins, offering the latest chance to travel through time and do some serious killing. You can get a look at the assassination sequel in action in the previously released launch trailer. They call the game a "new beginning," and offer the following details:

Ancient Egypt, a land of majesty and intrigue, is disappearing in a ruthless fight for power. Unveil dark secrets and forgotten myths as you go back to the one founding moment: The Origins of the Assassinís Brotherhood.

A COUNTRY TO DISCOVER
Sail down the Nile, uncover the mysteries of the pyramids or fight your way against dangerous ancient factions and wild beasts as you explore this gigantic and unpredictable land.

A NEW STORY EVERY TIME YOU PLAY
Engage into multiple quests and gripping stories as you cross paths with strong and memorable characters, from the wealthiest high-born to the most desperate outcasts.

EMBRACE ACTION-RPG
Experience a completely new way to fight. Loot and use dozens of weapons with different characteristics and rarities. Explore deep progression mechanics and challenge your skills against unique and powerful bosses.

View
55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

55. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 31, 2017, 11:59 Muscular Beaver

Darks wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 21:25:
Jagacademy wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:47:
Darks wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:37:
Sempai wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 12:07:
It sure is pretty, but my God..it seems unoptimized, and/or the Anvil engine is still a gigantic cpu whore.

Difficult to get a stable 60fps@4k..w/1080ti.

Not here, I've had no issues capping to 60fps. everything maxed out on a 28" 4K monitor. with a 1080Ti FTW3
Hah, so cliched.

Have seen countless people, no matter their rig, including multiple streamers I've watched, struggling to have consistent 60 FPS.

But of course fanboi #1 here has "no problems whatsoever". Didn't see that coming.

Whatever fucktard, welcome to ignore!!
Why do you people always go so overboard?
Today it was confirmed that the DRM does decrease performance massively FOR EVERYONE.

Waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

54. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 14:09 Creston

Numinar wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 10:03:
Guessing it's the settlement at the foot of the 3 big Pyramids? Or the Pyramids themselves? Should be able to spot them from just about anywhere.

You are correct! Thank you.

Also, now it suddenly shows on my map! It wasn't there before...! Embarrassed :-oops-:

Here's a weird one. My primary interact button has changed from A to Left Click, all on its own. Controller layout still the same, and no matter what I do, it WILL NOT switch back to A. Anyone seen this? It's really freaking annoying

Edit: Figured it out. Turns out the "Remap keybindings" button under the keyboard section ALSO lets you rebind all the controller buttons. Remapped it to A and it works now. Weird.

53. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 13:33 Creston

What driver are people using to play it? I was on an older one, and had weird graphical artifacts in Alexandria. So I updated to 38800, the recommended one, and promptly the game crashes in 15 minutes. Sigh

52. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 10:03 Numinar

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 00:12:
NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 00:04:
Verno is definitely right about visiting Giza. Hit up those pyramids and tombs and explore them for a nice boost of skill points without really having to fight anything.

Also your bird is an awesome replacement for the minimap. Much more interactive.

So where is Giza? I don't see anything on my map...

Guessing it's the settlement at the foot of the 3 big Pyramids? Or the Pyramids themselves? Should be able to spot them from just about anywhere.

I don't have it yet but I've liked all the AC's to some degree or another. Even if it becomes more of a digital tourism/time travel thing. Unity setting was amazing even if the game was a bit meh to horrible. From what I have read from you guys it sounds like this one is a winner for those that can get past the templateyness (Which I definitely can!)

Also this setting. Wow. Makes me want a children of the nile remake more than ever.

Wonder if you end up in Rome for the next games? It's a very interesting time for it! Lots of assassinating going on.

This and Mario want my money bad. And AMD finally fixed the issue I had with the previous Wolfenstein so I'm sure I'll want more of that when I'm done there as it's awesome (Once vsynch started working anyway). Problem is, between Destiny, Warhammer 2 and BF1 I am already into way more games than I can humanly play right now.

51. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 00:12 Creston

NKD wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 00:04:
Verno is definitely right about visiting Giza. Hit up those pyramids and tombs and explore them for a nice boost of skill points without really having to fight anything.

Also your bird is an awesome replacement for the minimap. Much more interactive.

So where is Giza? I don't see anything on my map...

50. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 29, 2017, 00:04 NKD

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

49. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 22:38 Creston

Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 17:36:
The port is weird, performance is all over the place with lots of stuttering on a 1080Ti. Playable but unacceptable and it affects the combat annoyingly.

Weird. My six year old rig with a GTX970 is playing it flawlessly with pretty much everything set to High @ 1080p/60.

Edit: It turns out to be another Ubisoft Kiev production, so shit performance for a ton of people is just par for the course, at least until like eight patches have been released.

This comment was edited on Oct 29, 2017, 00:14.

48. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 22:34 Creston

Qbex . wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 03:35:
So how much of the modern times/abstergo wankery is in this one exactly?
I can't stand that nonsense and made me quit early almost every other AC game bar first one and Black Flag where I persevered to the end. Is the main character likable or Arno class duchbag ?

So far it took me out of the game once to do the modern shit, it took 2 minutes and I went back in. No idea who this girl even is or whatever, since I didn't play Unity / Syndicate, and I just don't care.

Bayek is an awesome main character. He is absolutely NOT a douchebag. Really likable guy, and a great voice actor.

47. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 22:32 Creston

Fantastic game. Really, really enjoying it so far. Combat feels like a good upgrade over the old battle system (which was terrible and made you immortal from the get go), though I do feel that there's not enough leeway in levels. Something that's three levels higher than you will just gank the shit out of you. I'd have rather that had a large range, like say 7 or 8 levels or so.

Movement is better, I like that they've simplified it. So far I've yet to just stupidly jump to my death when I clearly meant to jump to a rope/wall/haybale etc.

Hunting is fun, crafting is simple but there's enough there to keep you occupied, the world is absolutely enormous and gorgeous, as well as a ton of fun to explore, and though at first I thought I'd hate the Eagle part of it, it's actually just cool and easy to use, and I like its implementation here (though the idea of an eagle being able to Hover is absurd, and I really wish they'd have come up with something better.)

Getting rid of the mini-map was a good idea. Without it, I'm finally looking at the world again, rather than that stupid little map. There are plenty of ways to find your bearings, and I don't miss it.

And finally, Bayek is a fantastic character. Abubakar Salim does an excellent job with his voice, and I just really like him. He's the best main character we've had since Ezio, and he may even be better.

As for my worry about the grind, so far it seems as if the side missions are easily enough to get you to level up for the main missions, but I do see it being an issue if someone just wanted to do the main missions. However, doing that does lead you to miss out, because they really did a good job on the mission variety and quality so far. (At least flavor text wise, I mean, in the end you're still just going places and hitting A / killing a few guys.)

If you don't like AC at all, you won't like this, but if you've enjoyed AC games in the past, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this one as well. It's definitely the best AC game since 2.

46. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 18:24 Verno

For anyone just starting out, right after the tutorial hit up Giza. Each pyramid contains an ancient tablet that essentially gives you a free upgrade and there's a shit ton of gold laying around. Also the game showers you side quest stuff to do but many of the rewards aren't worth the time IMO.

This game looks pretty good in 4k by the way, not quite Witcher 3 good but not shabby. Framerate is still uneven whether its bumped down to a lower res or not. The optimization is lacking because even at low settings you still get weird hitching and other problems. Maybe some of this can be cleared up with drivers, dunno.

Time for Super Mario Odyssey next!

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

45. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 17:46 Rigs

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 17:33:
You downloaded 45 gig in 30 minutes, yoinks. Now everyone will want that internet speed.

I'd willingly and happily give a kidney for Google Fiber speeds. No joke. I'm reliant on my phone's $80/mnth unlimited plan to get around my pitiful Dish internet. 45gb in 30mins is still too slow for a kidney, tho. Bring it down to 15min and we'll talk.

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 14:58:
The liddle kiddie redmask has had his ratio of bath salts and meth mixed up for a while.

@=-Rigs-=, thanks for reminding all of us of that classic thread.

Just click my name for a plethora of classic awful threads where I find creative ways to publicly stuff my foot my mouth, by all means! Count how many threads where I'm the last to respond, I don't consider myself the 'Master Killer' of threads for nothing, kids! Then stay for cake* at the end of 15 years of chewing socks and toenails!

=-Rigs-=

There is no cake. It's all lies.

''...and not getting to kill Hitler in a Wolfenstein game is like hiring an expensive prostitute to come to your hotel room and massage your kneecaps.'' -Yahtzee

44. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 17:36 Verno

I'm playing it right now on at a friends place on PC, it's an improvement on Syndicate but its got plenty of warts. I do love the world design, they did a much better job on that this time. I'm not sold on the combat engine, it just feels really stiff and is often poorly animated. Ironically this needed another 3-5 months in the tank, you can spot a lot of little issues.

The port is weird, performance is all over the place with lots of stuttering on a 1080Ti. Playable but unacceptable and it affects the combat annoyingly.

Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, SNES Classic
Watching: An Inconvenient Sequel, The Orville, Star Trek Voyager

43. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 17:33 RedEye9

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 17:18:
By which I mean I downloaded it at 10AM, started it at 10:30, and realized at 4PM that I hadn't eaten lunch and I have a concert to attend tonight.
You downloaded 45 gig in 30 minutes, yoinks. Now everyone will want that internet speed.
Sounds like you're having a blast w/it, nice.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

42. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 17:18 Agent.X7

My girlfriend got the CE edition. They failed to ship it on time, so they sent her a code to download on PS4. So, I tried it out for a few minutes before going back to Shadow of War today.

By which I mean I downloaded it at 10AM, started it at 10:30, and realized at 4PM that I hadn't eaten lunch and I have a concert to attend tonight.

The world looks awesome. My only grips are that I killed the main baddie of the starting area without even knowing he was the main baddie. I was trying to finish a side quest and stealth killed a guy and *whoops* cut scene. That and the stupid controller changes just for the sake of change. Even the alternative controller layout isn't great. (Especially if you are playing SoW and are used to that...)

Between this, SoW, GW2:Path of Fire and STILL trying to finish Zelda....

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

41. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 14:58 RedEye9

Rigs wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 14:30:

No rage. No frothing. I made my point and it clearly made it's mark as intended. And for the record, it wasn't 'bookmarked', I just remember when people are assholes. Kinda a thing with me. And I do have you Ignored, for good reason. As for your pity? Well, you can put that with the salt.

=-Rigs-=
The liddle kiddie redmask has had his ratio of bath salts and meth mixed up for a while.

@=-Rigs-=, thanks for reminding all of us of that classic thread.

https://www.newyorker.com/contributors/andy-borowitz

40. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 14:30 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 13:47:
Yes, it is the only thing that matters. You are an obsessive little guy, quoting an 8 month old post that you clearly bookmarked from someone you claimed to put on ignore, one that has nothing to do with anything here anyway. I can only imagine your life, one of imaginary feuds with random internet people who you think care about your existence. For a moment there you had my sincere pity.

Here's something you can bookmark: get a life or get some meds.

Please froth and rage over a bunch of posts though. You get no more attention from me today, you aren't important.

No rage. No frothing. I made my point and it clearly made it's mark as intended. And for the record, it wasn't 'bookmarked', I just remember when people are assholes. Kinda a thing with me. And I do have you Ignored, for good reason. As for your pity? Well, you can put that with the salt.

=-Rigs-=

''...and not getting to kill Hitler in a Wolfenstein game is like hiring an expensive prostitute to come to your hotel room and massage your kneecaps.'' -Yahtzee

39. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 13:47 Redmask

Yes, it is the only thing that matters. You are an obsessive little guy, quoting an 8 month old post that you clearly bookmarked from someone you claimed to put on ignore, one that has nothing to do with anything here anyway. I can only imagine your life, one of imaginary feuds with random internet people who you think care about your existence. For a moment there you had my sincere pity.

Here's something you can bookmark: get a life or get some meds.

Please froth and rage over a bunch of posts though. You get no more attention from me today, you aren't important.

38. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 12:05 Rigs

Redmask wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 06:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 16:30:
???????????????????????????????????????????
And that affects anybody in this forum how exactly.
Mom, someone was mean to me on the internet, waaaaaa
Grow up dude.

Take your own advice, he asked reasonable questions and got shit on for literally no reason.

Reasonable to you, because, as we know very well, that's ALL that matters here...

Redmask wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 12:52:
He was being polite but I lack that filter, you ramble like an 85 year old widower with way too much time on his hands and obviously love to reread your own text. You can't blame everyone else when they can't be bothered to find the point buried in a such pile of shit. It shows a lack of respect for others time and it comes off as trying to bury opposing view points with chaff until people give up.

This isn't high school debate club. Get to the point or most people simply won't bother.

I'll take the toxic, but you can take your salt and shove it.

=-Rigs-=

37. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 06:38 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 16:30:
???????????????????????????????????????????
And that affects anybody in this forum how exactly.
Mom, someone was mean to me on the internet, waaaaaa
Grow up dude.

Take your own advice, he asked reasonable questions and got shit on for literally no reason.

To him and anyone else interested in the game, let me save you the time. This game is not a reinvention of the AC formula, its just more polish. The combat system is not bad but it's not terribly deep either. The lite RPG elements are enough to keep you interested for awhile but the sidequests are repetitive and numerous as usual, even if they manage to keep them slightly more interesting with context this time. The main story is good so far but again suffers from the typically poor pacing of Ubisoft titles. It is a good game in many respects but still has a lot of Ubisoft jank evident. Despite the extra year it just feels more like AC Reboot 1.5.

If you are into AC its worth getting. If you were tired of AC I'm not sure this will convince you and its worth waiting for a sale, plenty of other great games out right now.

I'm playing on PS4 so I can't comment on the port itself but PS4 performance is solid with few hiccups.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2017, 08:20.

36. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 28, 2017, 03:35 Qbex .

So how much of the modern times/abstergo wankery is in this one exactly?
I can't stand that nonsense and made me quit early almost every other AC game bar first one and Black Flag where I persevered to the end. Is the main character likable or Arno class duchbag ?

55 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo