Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Curation System Changes

The Steam Blog has details on an update coming to the Steam curation system this fall, which will hopefully make it easier to sort though the vast catalog of games they offer. They outline what this means to players, curators, and developers. Here's the part for players:

Players
This system really only works if players find value from following some Curators. So we're adding to the kinds of content that Curators are able to create, and increasing the places within Steam where that content can be seen.

• Recommendations provided by Steam Curators can already appear in the main featured spot on your Steam Home page as well as in a dedicated space on your home page. We're building on this so that recommendations by Curators you follow will also show up at the top of tag and genre pages. This means as you explore, say the Free To Play page, you'll see recommendations from your Curators for Free to Play games. If you are browsing RPG games, you'll see RPG games featured from Curators you follow. And so forth.
  • Many Curators create videos to accompany their reviews, so we'll now start embedding those videos in a few places alongside the curation. This means that when you click through a recommendation, or when you browse a Curator's page on Steam, you'll be able to watch their videos in-line.
  • We also know that some Curators will review games within certain themes, genres, or franchises. So, we're adding a new feature for Curators to create lists of games they've reviewed that go together. These can be used to create lists such as "best couch co-op games", "games with amazing Workshop support", "games by my favorite designer", "10 games to play while waiting for Witcher 4", or any other set of interesting ways to organize groups of games.
  • And if you are looking to find new new Curators that share your tastes, or offer unique information about particular kinds of games, you can explore the 'Recommended Curators' or 'Top Curators' lists. We're fine-tuning the 'Recommended Curators' section to more accurately suggest Curators who recommend games like those you've been playing.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Steam Curation System Changes Oct 27, 2017, 20:30 The_Pink_Tiger

Anything to prevent your having to curate your storefront yourself, eh Valve?

I never got into that whole "curator" thing myself anyway; never saw the appeal. So whether the change is a positive one or not, it's not going to affect me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Steam Curation System Changes Oct 26, 2017, 21:45 Ravor

I think the Curator system is stupid.  

1. Re: Steam Curation System Changes Oct 26, 2017, 21:12 Rhett

I wish I could block curators though. I don't want their recommendations, and half the time I see a stupid meme/4chan-esque curator on the front page that just makes me hate it even more. Nevermind that one homophobic slur-named curator that somehow exist(s)(ed).  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo