Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Interviews

View
4. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 27, 2017, 22:42 Suppa7

D_K_night wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 00:21:
You wanna know what raised an enormous amount of hype for Overwatch? It wasn't even the game. It was the characters!

It went way beyond the characters, I tried the free trial and the art design is really what killed it.

Basically Cliff is still living in the UT era, art in games like quake 2 and unreal tournament were very un-coordinated programmer art - aka no sense of style or cohesion and that was fine during the 90's. But after the 2000's people started to take art seriously.

I always get a laugh when I see quake champions cloning the "nerd art" of quake 3, aka the quake 3 character models and game was basically just random art wrapped around a game since those games were about systems and gameplay first, since back then we weren't so hung up on if there was any cohesive sense of style since gameplay was all that mattered. Cliff is thinking it's still the 90's.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Oct 26, 22:58 Re: Evening Interviews The Half Elf
  2. Oct 27, 00:21  Re: Evening Interviews D_K_night
>> 4. Oct 27, 22:42   Re: Evening Interviews Suppa7
  3. Oct 27, 04:36 Re: Evening Interviews DangerDog

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo