Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Safety Dance

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 27, 2017, 18:25 Bard

Red886 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 01:33:
funny that it's Kapersky that is opening up their source code to anyone who would look, meanwhile Western AVs are doing the opposite.

Notice how it's worded too

Foreign governments...

I wonder if any of them have actually seen the source code..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 27, 2017, 01:33 Red886

funny that it's Kapersky that is opening up their source code to anyone who would look, meanwhile Western AVs are doing the opposite.

2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 26, 2017, 20:15 RedEye9

First av update took a couple of minutes.
First scan took about an hour on a 200 gig ssd equipped laptop.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 26, 2017, 20:14 RedEye9

Waiting on an anti-virus program from Switzerland.

Just installed the Free Kaspersky on my system.
First, download the 150 meg file (simple enough and fast download), launch it and it finds a new updated version of the 150 meg installer that it has to download all over again (at least it does it self-contained in the installer).
It's 2017, can't they figure out how to download the newest version first? Or would that be asking too much.

It asked if I wanted to connect to the Kaspersky mumbo jumbo AV network for moar better scanning and I said nope-ski.

Then it said it did not like Microsoft Security Essentials, but it gave me the option of leaving it installed on my system, which i chose.

It never blinked an eye at Malwarebytes Premium, ok.

If you would like to donate to my Patreon account you will have to get in line behind Russia Today RT and Sputnik.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo