Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content

Steam now offers Mortal Hammers, a new free content update for owners of Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II. This comes along with a paid DLC pack for Total War: WARHAMMER II called Blood for the Blood God II, which is free for owners of the first Total War: WARHAMMER. Also, Total War: WARHAMMER is on sale for half-off, and there's also a sale on DLC for the fantasy strategy series. Here are some details:

Distant Races across the Warhammer Fantasy Battles World will clash at last in the Mortal Empires campaign, out today. Free to owners of both Total War: WARHAMMER I and II, Mortal Empires sees the Old World and the New World merged into a colossal new sandbox campaign, playable through the WARHAMMER II frontend. Download it here.

Today also sees the scarred lands run crimson with the arrival of the Blood for the Blood God Effects Pack for WARHAMMER II, now on Steam. Catch the grisly, super slow motion trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiprcHM8WOo

Blood for the Blood God is free for WARHAMMER II players who have already purchased Blood for the Blood God for the original Total War: WARHAMMER, or can be purchased here. Once downloaded, Blood effects can be enabled in the Advanced Graphics Settings of Total War: WARHAMMER II.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 27, 2017, 00:04 Numinar

Blood and Gore for this one and the new campaign is free if you got it for the first game. Which of course you did!

DLC doesn't bother me. Each race takes a lot of work, and each one is like a whole new game. I only finished 3 campaigns (Totaling hundreds of hours probably) in the first game so didn't feel the need to buy extras. They include the most important ones in the base game unless you are some kind of Chaos freak. As for price they are a lot cheaper than buying the metal and plastic versions.

New game is great. Looking forward to playing old factions with new optimisations. Fan-tweaked and modded versions of this new map will be insane as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 26, 2017, 18:04 Primalchrome

As has been stated multiple times, the Blood and Gore was aimed at playing the marketing game with the ESRB....and I think there was also a reason to keep it under the censorship radar of a couple of non-NA government bodies. That said, it would have been more genuine if it had been a $0.99 DLC. And it would have also been nice if their "free" DLC could be simply downloaded instead of having to join their site and jump through hoops like a monkey.  

7. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Oct 26, 2017, 16:37 Slashman

Darks wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 16:13:
Bitterbug wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 15:51:
I started out pissed by the amount of paid DLC for the first game, and then I got it in a Humble Monthly. There's a crazy amount of work just in balancing the base game, so seeing all the extra factions and units on top of an already stellar experience, kind of shifted my thought.
It's definitely one game where you're getting a ton of stuff for your money.
And the races are optional. Though I think Chaos should have been a base faction in the first game, and we didn't need two Elf factions in the base set for the second game.

Have u ever stopped to think that most of this was probably already in the game and they just pulled it out to make it DLC?

I dont put these kind of tactics beyond any devs these days.

I mean, seriously, Blood gore add on DLC? They seriously charged people for this. This is why I cant give them a pass so easily on these types of shenanigans.

They did not want the game rated beyond teen in the ESRB so they put the DLC with blood separately. This has been a known thing for a while. With gore in from the start, the game rating would be 18+ in all likelihood.

As for the other DLC, I got the races that interested me and the ones that didn't were STILL in the campaign to play against. Which is fine. Also...they gave everyone the Bretonnians free.

6. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Oct 26, 2017, 16:13 Darks

Bitterbug wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 15:51:
I started out pissed by the amount of paid DLC for the first game, and then I got it in a Humble Monthly. There's a crazy amount of work just in balancing the base game, so seeing all the extra factions and units on top of an already stellar experience, kind of shifted my thought.
And the races are optional. Though I think Chaos should have been a base faction in the first game, and we didn't need two Elf factions in the base set for the second game.

Have u ever stopped to think that most of this was probably already in the game and they just pulled it out to make it DLC?

I dont put these kind of tactics beyond any devs these days.

I mean, seriously, Blood gore add on DLC? They seriously charged people for this. This is why I cant give them a pass so easily on these types of shenanigans.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

5. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Oct 26, 2017, 15:51 Bitterbug

4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 26, 2017, 12:29 Darks

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 12:26:
Darks wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 12:09:
Like the game, but hate the devs underhanded money grabbing nickle and diming tactics over DLC.

I know what you're saying, but I played well over 300 hours of Total War: Warhammer and I felt like I got my money worth big time.

Is there any other "army simulation" games that do it better also?

Nothing come to mind at the moment. Personally I wish they would release these as an add on campaign rather then coming out with some many small DLC army packs like this and trying to charge people 20 dollars per pack. I know some of them have been cheaper. but the last few were definitely pretty expansive for what you were getting.

3. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 26, 2017, 12:26 Tipsy McStagger

Darks wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 12:09:
Like the game, but hate the devs underhanded money grabbing nickle and diming tactics over DLC.

I know what you're saying, but I played well over 300 hours of Total War: Warhammer and I felt like I got my money worth big time.

Is there any other "army simulation" games that do it better also?

2. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 26, 2017, 12:16 SpectralMeat

Total War games were always heavy on the DLC side.
I thought there was something about the blood and gore stuff that if it was included in the game the ESRB rating would be different.

I do hate to pay for that stuff too and does feel like nickle and diming but at least in this case it carries over from one game to another.
I generally don't buy any DLC for Total War games but the blood and gore packs I always end up getting.
This game is just not the same without all the gore on the battlefield

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Free Content Oct 26, 2017, 12:09 Darks

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo