Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm interested in seeing what comes of those JFK assassination documents if they come out today as planned. I did a lot of reading on the topic after the Oliver Stone film, fuelled by the impression the movie was accurate, which it mostly was not. One of the things that seemed apparent from reading conspiracy books on the topic is they almost suffered from too much information, rather than too little, as conflicting theories surround just about every detail of the case (which some chalk up to a giant disinformation campaign). If that principle holds, I won't be at all surprised if the document dump doesn't end up raising more questions than it answers, and we'll have even more theories to sort through. But, hey, there might be concrete proof of who did it. Perhaps it was even one of the usual suspects: LBJ, Woody Harrelson's dad, Ted Cruz's dad, The Comedian, Magneto, The Red Skull, or maybe, as the Rolling Stones once sang, it was "you and me."

Conspiratorial Links: Thanks Ant.
Play: Let's Play Simulator.
Totem Elements.
Stories: More than 50 years of theories- JFK file release imminent.
‘Flesh-Eating Bacteria’ Causes 2nd Death in Texas Since Hurricane Harvey.
Science: Harvard's new RoboBee can fly in and out of water.
Your brain does not process information and it is not a computer.
Media: Polybius - Angry Video Game Nerd (Episode 150). NSFW. Thanks D.
The Amazon’s Boiling River Kills Anything That Enters.
Always best to wear underwear. Or pants that fit.
Follow-up: The JFK Document Dump Could Be a Fiasco. Thanks RedEye9.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 16:29 Dan =0)

Well for starters: Photographic memory doesn't exist.

There is no demonstrable evidence that it does exist.

If only Kim Peek were still around...

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://drdkmusic.net76.net
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 08:04 Redmask

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 20:43:
Monsanto learns from the liar in chief (that's tRumpie if you had any doubts)

Monsanto wrote that playbook junior, long before you had even heard the name donald trump on msnbc. They are basically satan in the form of a corporation, its not even fair to compare donny to that.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 06:45 yuastnav

Simon Says wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 15:28:
Still waiting for them to explain how the bullet which supposedly came from behind magically pushed the head backward on impact... Rolleyes

Oh that's easy.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 03:52 NKD

Red886 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 01:48:
"Your brain does not process information and it is not a computer."

lots of empty words and presumptions in the article. While we just want to know how it works with regards to

1. people with photographic memory
2. those who memorized and recited religious texts, word for word
3. people who can play Beethoven without sheets (lol at the 5th Beethoven analogy in the article)

Well for starters: Photographic memory doesn't exist.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 01:48 Red886

"Your brain does not process information and it is not a computer."

lots of empty words and presumptions in the article. While we just want to know how it works with regards to

1. people with photographic memory
2. those who memorized and recited religious texts, word for word
3. people who can play Beethoven without sheets (lol at the 5th Beethoven analogy in the article)

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 21:31 Mr. Tact

Monsanto has been doing things like that and worse for decades. If you live in the Midwest you know what a load of dicks they are -- like most of the agriculture corporations...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 20:43 RedEye9

Monsanto learns from the liar in chief (that's tRumpie if you had any doubts)  

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 20:18 Dan =0)

Re: "Your brain does not process information and it is not a computer."

Agreed with Cutter, essentially. The writer does not offer up his own explanation as to, say, where memory may be stored. And, he is not a neuroscientist, but a psychologist. Different fields, though related?

FTA:
The IP perspective requires the player to formulate an estimate of various initial conditions of the ball’s flight – the force of the impact, the angle of the trajectory, that kind of thing – then to create and analyse an internal model of the path along which the ball will likely move, then to use that model to guide and adjust motor movements continuously in time in order to intercept the ball.

That is all well and good if we functioned as computers do, but McBeath and his colleagues gave a simpler account: to catch the ball, the player simply needs to keep moving in a way that keeps the ball in a constant visual relationship with respect to home plate and the surrounding scenery (technically, in a ‘linear optical trajectory’). This might sound complicated, but it is actually incredibly simple, and completely free of computations, representations and algorithms.

Don't humans essentially do what is indicated in the first bit, at least on a subconscious level, based on the present sensory input? (e.g. sound of the bat cracking against the ball, visual flight path of the ball, fuzzy estimation)

Fortunately, because the IP metaphor is not even slightly valid,
Why...? What does the author have to offer?

...unnecessary intellectual baggage
Really? Stoop to this?

I can understand what the author is stating about each individuals brain having its own unique arrangement of (trillions of) neurons based on life experiences and genetics, but there has to be some sort of "basic model" from which those individualistic models branch, and to suggest nothing terribly substantive in place of trouncing established metaphor is, at best, misguided.

Dan =0) (Disclaimer: Not a neuroscientist or doctor, though I play one on stage.)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 19:57 RedEye9

And just as the Politico article surmised, not all of the JFK docs will be released. Nothing to see here.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report
"Nullity's Law"
There's an easy and fool-proof way to tell if anything related conservative/right-wing/Republican politics is true or not. If anyone calls it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 18:23 Cutter

Steam Halloween sale is on. Meh as expected.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 17:51 Simon Says

Bodolza wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 16:40:
Still waiting for them to explain how the bullet which supposedly came from behind magically pushed the head backward on impact

Not sure if you're serious but that was explained decades ago.

None of which explanations were anything but bullshit easily debunked by basic physics.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 17:36 Mr. Tact

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 14:55:
Yeah, I don't know about that. There are no shortage of none too bright Americans who think America is the paragon of all that is good and true in the world and would never do anything wrong, much less evil. There are plenty of those unquestioning sorts out there who's tiny minds would be blown at a lot of the horrifying truths of America.
And they would do what? Vote in a group of politicians who will destroy the country? Too late. March in the streets? Yeah, like that will make a difference. Whatever is or isn't in the documents approaches being absolutely meaningless, a simple footnote in history.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 17:17 fishingtime

single shooter lol  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 17:00 Hoop

JFK was not shot he just began to transform back into his alien body which is why Jackie shit herself.
His driver knew he was an alien so sped off to get him back to his ship & off the planet.
The rest was made up to account for the film footage.

Um .. Behind you...

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 16:40 Bodolza

Still waiting for them to explain how the bullet which supposedly came from behind magically pushed the head backward on impact

Not sure if you're serious but that was explained decades ago.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 15:42 Dr donkles

Not expecting much, this is real life, not x-files.

Area 51 got declassified documents dumped a year or so ago too actually. It was just testing new aircraft (stealth mainly) that's it.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 15:31 NKD

DangerDog wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 12:55:
Would rather see the release of the documents surrounding Roswell UFO incident - without redaction. Maybe something about Hanger 18.

I think the Roswell UFO incident was manufactured 30 years after the fact by some guy looking to sell his book.

Doors and corners, kid. Doors and corners.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 15:28 Simon Says

Still waiting for them to explain how the bullet which supposedly came from behind magically pushed the head backward on impact... Rolleyes  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 14:55 Cutter

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 11:37:
Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 11:28:
... I think the release of the documents is much ado about nothing. If there was anything really damning in them there's no way in hell they'd release them.

The thing is there is nothing the documents could say which would matter. Hell, it could have proof the entire House and Senate unanimously approved the assassination. What would it matter? What would it change? It would have no meaningful impact. Even if it was a total government conspiracy, it wouldn't mean much -- we'd just have to update the history books...

Yeah, I don't know about that. There are no shortage of none too bright Americans who think America is the paragon of all that is good and true in the world and would never do anything wrong, much less evil. There are plenty of those unquestioning sorts out there who's tiny minds would be blown at a lot of the horrifying truths of America.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2017, 12:55 DangerDog

Would rather see the release of the documents surrounding Roswell UFO incident - without redaction. Maybe something about Hanger 18.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo