Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up

A post to reddit by Bungie follows up on news of bans in Destiny 2, which some have blamed on third-party software (thanks ASLayerAODsk). The somewhat sterile response says there are no automatic bans being handed out, and they reiterate their statement that the banhammer is not being applied due to the use of third-party overlay programs. There is also an odd note that four of the bans are being overturned with no further explanation. Here's word:

We have seen lots of questions about bans being issued in the PC version of Destiny 2. To provide some information, we would like to share some facts.

The following is true:

• Destiny 2 cannot automatically ban you, only Bungie can ban a player after a manual investigation
  • Yesterday, we banned approximately 400 players on PC
  • Bans were applied to players who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game
  • We did not (and will not) issue any bans for the use of overlays or performance tools, including Discord, Xsplit, OBS, RTSS, etc.
  • Information on using third-party applications can be found here: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101 We are overturning 4 of the bans that were issued during the PC Beta

We are committed to providing an experience that is fun and fair for the millions of players who have joined us in this community.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 26, 2017, 16:56 Retired

Is it still a hammer? The ban>?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 26, 2017, 12:13 Darks

KilrathiAce wrote on Oct 26, 2017, 09:45:
I rather get banned than playing that game lol

Id rather you get banned to, then sit here listening to someone who clearly has no clue about the game.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

14. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 26, 2017, 09:45 KilrathiAce

I rather get banned than playing that game lol  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

13. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 26, 2017, 02:36 Numinar

If you do it in a loot game due to time, then you obviously don't enjoy the game as is. Maybe it's not worth playing?

If you do it in PvP then you are an asshole. Just own it, admit it. Or you have some mental disorder where you have to collect all the fake video game loot without doing the hard work. Either way check yourself, maybe get therapy.

You can Lance Armstrong it all you want with 'everyone does it' but no, not everyone does, and you are fucking things up for them and you suck at playing worse than a 38 year old alcoholic which is pretty sad. Grow the fuck up.

If you actually want to ruin other peoples experience than well there is no helping you. I'm sure you will get yours eventually, and have a big cry about it like those pro gamers who get caught.

I enjoy PvP in this. It's lag tolerant roll-backy nature is very first year BF4 but I've had lots of close games and comebacks and narrow defeats which means the matchmaking works. Maybe the cheaters end up matching with each other in a game with this big a playerbase and so few MM hoppers.

End game PvP in Trials of Osiris is super high stakes, I think you need 9 out of 11 wins for the unique gear, and there is a reward for going 9 flawless. It tends to attract the super competitive and cheaters and has no solo queue (You need your own team of 4) so I stay away, that's not for me. I don't need every gun and I haven't been wrecked by any that I cannot get myself so it's all good. Maybe if the clan needs a +1 I'll give it a go but if I want high stakes stress I'll boot up PUBG.

12. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 23:58 Steele Johnson

LittleMe wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 21:25:
Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 20:50:
I never understood gamers who play games to cheat.

Many do it to dominate and out do others at any cost. It's the 'comparative mind' state of ego consciousness. Me and the other as opposed to the empathy of understanding one's self in another. It's the declaration of 'me', the false self. This is why scores and player levels or clothing work in games as a way to compare me vs every one else. Doesn't have to be ego, but often is.

Then there is the sadistic reason. To ruin other people's games as a form of evil vampiric pleasure.

Or as convenience or many other possible reasons.

You seem... "experienced"

11. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 23:46 Cutter

I never understood gamers who play games to cheat. I mean, it's not Vegas. What do you really get out of it?

Only time I ever cheat is in SP games when I'm really stuck on something and can't progress. Never saw the point in MP games, FPS in particular. I have to assume people just do it to be dicks because how could you ever think for a second you were achieving anything...besides being a dick. What was awesome was when I was playing so well in my CS/TF days and being accused of cheating when I wasn't because of playing so well. That felt good.

"I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie? You an oak man?"

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 25, 2017, 22:48 Mordecai Walfish

Alamar wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 22:34:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 21:20:
These are usually really competitive or professional players.

I've been pretty competitive... And I love to win... Which is why I never cheat... Cheating invalidates the 'win', so there's no joy to take from it... At least for me.

Exactly.

Not going to see many cheaters in the Co-op portion anyways.. the Call of Halo multiplayer modes in this game are where you'll find 99% of the cheaters.

9. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 22:34 Alamar

ItBurn wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 21:20:
These are usually really competitive or professional players.

I've been pretty competitive... And I love to win... Which is why I never cheat... Cheating invalidates the 'win', so there's no joy to take from it... At least for me.

8. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:29 ItBurn

removed. Didn't want to have this conversation :p  

7. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:25 LittleMe

I never understood gamers who play games to cheat.

Many do it to dominate and out do others at any cost. It's the 'comparative mind' state of ego consciousness. Me and the other as opposed to the empathy of understanding one's self in another. It's the declaration of 'me', the false self. This is why scores and player levels or clothing work in games as a way to compare me vs every one else. Doesn't have to be ego, but often is.

Then there is the sadistic reason. To ruin other people's games as a form of evil vampiric pleasure.

Or as convenience or many other possible reasons.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

6. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:25 The Half Elf

And the problem is you NEVER considered a 3rd reason. Lack of time.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

5. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:20 ItBurn

In my opinion, most people who cheat do it for two reasons. The first is that they don't have enough control/success in their life and they lack the self confidence/education to fix it themselves. The second is people who are addicted to winning or that can't face the feelings of defeat. These are usually really competitive or professional players.

As for the banning, I think it's too early to tell if all people banned were cheaters. I think that when you do manual banning, the human element can easily introduce false positives. Bungie doesn't exactly have experience with the PC ecosystem. Some people do claim that they were falsely banned.

4. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:17 Steele Johnson

Lorcin wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 21:04:
I never understood gamers who play games to cheat. I mean, it's not Vegas. What do you really get out of it?

I can see 2 reasons:

Bragging rights to friends who don't know you've cheated
Cutting the grind (ie fishing bots in WoW)

I don't think either of those reasons is worth getting banned for myself. One of the other raiders in my wow team got banned last year for a fishing bot - trouble is it wasn't just him. His mum, stepdad and brother all got banned the same day, the only one who didn't was his girlfriend. Trouble was it was only a ~10 man; I quit wow again before the team recovered.

A whole family of cheaters lol

3. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:04 Lorcin

I can see 2 reasons:

Bragging rights to friends who don't know you've cheated
Cutting the grind (ie fishing bots in WoW)

I don't think either of those reasons is worth getting banned for myself. One of the other raiders in my wow team got banned last year for a fishing bot - trouble is it wasn't just him. His mum, stepdad and brother all got banned the same day, the only one who didn't was his girlfriend. Trouble was it was only a ~10 man; I quit wow again before the team recovered.

2. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 20:50 Steele Johnson

1. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 19:58 RedEye9

What a difference a day makes.

There's a fool-proof way to tell if something a conservative/right-wing/Republican said is true or not. If they call it "fake news", you can be sure it's the solid truth.
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/
http://projects.thestar.com/donald-trump-fact-check/

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo